It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Independence-a way of life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
...Who is with me?

How much is the tithe (dues)? -- (And - will it be tax deductible?)
Will you accept IOU's?
What are your holy days?
I think you have to perform (or experience?) at least one miracle, to get "bonafide" status... Don't know who's going to verify that for you...but - some of your "animal" stories will suffice, for me!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

.Who is with me?

Well I am if I can be the leader of the rituals. Especially the one's where we drink cough syrup, tequila, beat drums and dance around the campfire naked. All strictly non denominational.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I am sorry if i offend you by saying this:But the Xtian(or Satanic for that matter) Bible is to me Nothing.Sorry i'm taking long to reply-i have now a very primitive cell..and my wifi is down,so pc is out too.South Africa,infrastructre Weak,but i have a lot to say,so i keep it till then,ok?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

TITHES!?? Fook mi-thank you for reminding me-didna even THINK of That! That will of course be 90% of your salary,AngelHeart,seeing im savin ya soul here,see?:-D:-D Nah serious just be wide awake+BE KIND,thats all,especially to yr Elder-betters!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

...TITHES!?? Fook mi-thank you for reminding me-didna even THINK of That! That will of course be 90% of your salary,AngelHeart,seeing im savin ya soul here,see?:-D:-D Nah serious just be wide awake+BE KIND,thats all,especially to yr Elder-betters!

How else can you afford to spread the good news?
90%...for a good cause...? Sure.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

;-)Well i'd say ditch the codeine+let Captain Morgan float yer boat:-D Serious now,i started this"religion" FOR a reason and WITH a reason-let KINDNESS be your guide.Especially,and this,in my religion-VERITAS-let these 2 things only, be yr creed:Question Every Thing+LET KINDNESS BE YOUR CREED.And yes,there are Many old folks who'd love a visit from genuine(NOT MERCENARY-KARMA IS AN INDEPENDENT AGENT-REMEMBER THAT!!!) person.Because their own children left them behind.I'm not even going into That now-but i will,eventually.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Count me in, Rax.

I like your ideas much better than catholic dogma.

I was going to become the new pope,

but financial pressures and family commitments held me back.

Anyway, I left the church 11 years ago.

A Few Questions:

Do you accept the all oneness of the flying spaghetti monster?

Do you feed the birds, as Jesus taught us?

Do you believe in the wisdom of the Wizard of Oz?

Do we get daily bread?

What happens when we're dead?

If you can vaguely answer any of these questions,

I'm in.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUteTribe
Paul walked on water too... til he started to doubt.

Dude, Paul never met Jesus. Ever.

Peter walked on water for a bit before he freaked out.

Don't get all biblical with us,

unless you can correctly name the characters from our favorite fantasy fun book.

edit on 3/5/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: there is a reason for everything

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Gar!! You are correct! I have no idea why I put Paul.

OP, I believe we can all walk on water. Its just believing you can is the hard part.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Don't forget to register yourself as a charity, then you won't have to pay taxes any more.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If this is going to be a religion. It will need a basis - a book.

Wiccans have the book of shadows.

Taoist have the Tao Te Ching (although now they are making up their own stuff)

and so on...

So far your ideas seem to be, seeing everyone as family, and there being a place of full acceptance and love from which we all came. It seems good.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
OP i don't like religion BUT i rather follow a religion made in 2013 rather than a 3000yrs old outdated retarded texts.

Chances are the new religion probably perfected all the fault the old ones had.

Well, that is an IF scenario... i don;t think i will ever believe in god, at the stage its going now.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
And when you fail yourself who will you abandon then...is suicide the next option for you?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
@MadMax7-i've failed myself many times.Then i soldier on,a bit wiser.Suicide is never an option,no.I think it's better to realise that although we fail ourselves,there's lessons to be learnt from those failings and failures.I think it's better to know from the start,that the whole of life is a learning process,and seeing we know so little,and are so vulnerable to our ego being hurt,our feelings being hurt,because many of us react on triggers pulled through emotional+psychological damage sustained in childhood/as we've moved through life,we will fail invariably fail ourselves-and others.I think as long as we are not true to ourselves because we do not want to offend others,or because we want to be accepted by others,and so modify our true feelings and beliefs and opinions-that is a big failing right there.To accept oneself for who+what you are,and to be prepared that you Will bugger-up along the way,is still better than to depend on entities and deities.As long as one depends on an entity or deity to pick you up,it keeps one weak,disempowered,i think.And keeps one from growing spiritually.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
@Theflyingweldsman:-)yes to all that:-) Daily bread-if i could,i would feed every hungry person,but im not a deity,so i can't-i'm afraid the 9-5(or whatever job one can find)will have to be the breadbasket.When we die,we go to another plane of existence,i believe.I also believe we have the choice to reincarnate,here or elsewhere-or to learn different lessons there.I believe if a person chose to do evil,made conscious decisions to do things that hurt others in any number of ways-that soul Has to reincarnate-no choice.Well,i may be wrong,but i may also be right-and it makes sense to me.Have a good weekend weldy:-)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
@luciddream-Hi.The "God" to me,is the Source of us as souls/spirits,nothing biblical either.CERTAINLY not that monster of the old testament in the Xtian bible-when you look at how Satan is always portrayed as bloodthirsty,cruel,destructive,etc-there don't seem to be much difference there,between those two.I feel that the entity Yahushua/Jesus was in touch with the source of our souls,not the dragon of the OT-but the bible itself is very contradictory and confusing,to me anyway,and so many people had a hand in that pie,i just don't think it can be trusted.Jesus propably summed up everything best by saying that to love others as yourself,is the key.But a lot of us don't really love,or even respect ourselves properly.Thats propably the best place to start-to at least be ok with yourself,to accept that one will make mistakes,but to pick yourself up and carry on,to be kind to others,to help where/when ever you are able to.When you can forgive yourself,and be gentle on yourself,realise you are just a soul,learning as you try to get through this life,i think it becomes easier to be gentler in your outlook on others.It becomes easier to be kind,and tolerant of other's mistakes and fails.If one is too hard and unforgiving on yourself,i think without even consciously realising it-one actively look for what is wrong with others,with how they live their lives,with the mistakes they make on their journey through.Like a coping mechanism.But one that helps no-one,least of all oneself.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I am sorry if i offend you by saying this:But the Xtian(or Satanic for that matter) Bible is to me Nothing.Sorry i'm taking long to reply-i have now a very primitive cell..and my wifi is down,so pc is out too.South Africa,infrastructre Weak,but i have a lot to say,so i keep it till then,ok?

You didn't offend me.. but you did totally fail to answer the question. You claimed you trusted Him and he failed you. I asked you to show how you trusted Him so we can determine who is really failing who. It's a simple matter. If you cannot answer that I don't think your going to get very far with critical minded followers for your new religion.

I dont care if you want to call the Christian bible a satanic bible.. I do think you should justify your statements with facts. Because you answered in this manner, I doubt you even know what the bible says in how you come to trust Him by the rules of the book. This didn't have to be about Christianity, it could be about any religion someone says they lost faith in. You made the claim, I asked why.
edit on 4-5-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
@JohnPhoenix.I stepped out of christianity for various reasons,a few years ago.Most important reason being that it made me feel cut off from "God" or whom i feel is the source of our souls,and we are really just souls,though in this world we are in a prison of flesh.Ironic.But after this,i had experiences with the entity Yahushua/Jesus-and got closer to him than i ever did within the confines of Xtianity.The past month,though,ive been going through a very hard time,astral attacks,ill health,just a very bad time.I asked him for help,pleaded many times,as he has been a faithful friend,a beloved friend-but he did not help me.Yes,maybe i failed him,in some way.But it could'nt have been through not being "a good christian" as i was not a christian anyway.Just some one who ditched that faith to go out on a limb to find out for myself what+who was real,and what was not.I found that he does exist,and that he was a kind and wonderful entity.Thats why i am hurt that he seemed to abandon me when i needed him so much.I feel my friend betrayed me-when he has never done that before.But now i think,its better to depend on oneself.To live one's life in such a way that you don't have to feel guilty about what you did,or did not do.To take responsibility for yourself,to defend yourself against attacks through a strong mindset.Hence me saying i'm starting my own "religion".Its maybe not so much a religion,as a determination to take responsibility for the welfare of my own being as a soul.I would never have seen the "kingdom of Heaven" if i stayed in the Xtian faith,anyway.I believe in reincarnation anyway,and for me heaven is to one day be reunited with my source-who (and again my apologies if i offend you) to me,is not the god spoken of in the bible.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Btw JohnPhoenix,i did'nt mean the Christian bible and the satanic one is imo the same.I know they're 2 different books.Also when i said "Who's with me?" understand that this is never going to be a "religion" with services held in buildings-its supposed to be a way of looking at life,a way of life-advice and discussions,learning,talking with others to whom it makes sense to take responsibility for the spiritual welfare of yourself as a soul.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Thank you for the broader explanation.

Here is my point. After being a Christian for 14 years I was suddenly searching for more truth than i was taught. I wanted to know why the bible said certain things my "denomination" did not follow and why they seemed to add many things that were not even in the book. ( Bible). I started to do the two things the Bible said to do which is to fast and pray that God would show the truth to me of these matters. The Bible says god will answer these prayers when you fast and pray because you show you have a heart willing to know truth at whatever the cost. I learned not all Christian religions are even remotely the same. I learned the Southern Baptist in the USA as well as the Catholics (among others) were nothing more than cults and both differed from the real truth as much as white is from black. I was shown to re-examine what I believed in light of hard study of the bible and leaning not on what any man said but the leading of god's spirit. I had to except the fact (broke my mothers heart) that I as a baptist was not a christian. The bible said to do a couple of things besides fast and pray for truth, it said be baptized in the name of Jesus and repent of your sins. The baptist do not believe in baptizing in the name of Jesus. They use a made up term called " Father Son and Holy Ghost" The Bible also said to live the words of Jesus because they are spirit and life. When I was re-baptized and living by these words - it was like a whole new world or Kingdom if you will I had never seen before. I started to understand more depths of the bible and why it seemed to contradict itself so many times. i learned how to decern the differences and that the Bible was really written in a code that no human is able to understand unless they do these steps correctly. This blew my mind. The Bible talks of these keys to the Kingdom and how to get them. If you do these things it said then this will follow. And sure enough.. I was able to preform small miracles according to my faith.. I could heal the sick by annotating the head with oil and prayer.. even my non Christian wife who suffered badly from migraines. I could see demons and forces in peoples lives i could not see before. Again.. this blew me away. I learned that at times we may not get any divine help or answer because we don't know what His plans for our future are - we may be asking for something thats not in His plan.

Years later (now) I do not follow this like i should But I do know there is something to it that i cannot deny. I do now question from a scientific view the absurdity of religion because I am older and wiser. I think we are still missing lots of pieces to this puzzle that we may never know in our lifetimes. My point is, I would have never gotten to that experience had i not stopped and did all the right things to test if it were real or not.
edit on 4-5-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join