It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Time to BAN Republicans, Poor People and the Working Class

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

I’m surprised nobody chose to put up a serious defense of the info I provided in the OP. I fully expected to be flamed!

The reality is that gun ownership in this country has been on the rise and violent crime has been steadily declining. Whether these are related is hard to say because there are many variables. You’ll notice this administration is constantly trying to rewrite history and make us all believe that violent gun crime is on the rise. The actual statistics do not support this!!!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Above - Republicans = BAD
Below - Liberal Progressives = GOOD

So who is behind the US anti-gun agenda? Based on the chart above I think it’s quite obvious that elitist liberals are behind the gun grab (but we knew that already). It’s the poor, the working class and the non-Obama voters who are to blame for gun violence! Obama voters, immigrants and college graduates are safe!! Imagine that!!

There you have it, folks! We are being fed even more propaganda to bolster the two-party divide and class warfare!

Great thread. Even in serious times, it pays to have a sense of humor. As long as you can still laugh, you aren't whipped.

Just saw this today and it kinda show how things are going. Here you have a guy complaining that the people who elected him to represent them didn't send him to the statehouse to be voting on bills that have amendments slipped in at the last minute that directly impact their state's conceal carry rights. Yeah, he's bent out of shape, but maybe rightly so... Before anyone comments, please watch the video all the way to the wise*ss remark from the other side of the aisle after he's been forced to sit down and shut up.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

Imagine if Nancy Pelosi was getting ready to speak and Sara Palin walked up and did this!

m.youtube.com...

I can't wait for something like that to happen.

Pladuim

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow, this proves idiots can post anything

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think if there's any truth to this chart, one of the takeaways should be the - in my opinion common sense - conclusion that combatting poverty would likely also combat violence.

Which is by no means to say that poor people are criminals and have violent propensities that others don't. But as someone who grew up next to homelessness - and sometimes in it - I can attest to the fact that a lot of poverty is so ingrained, so multi-generational, and so seemingly inescapable to those trapped in its grip, that I can easily imagine many feeling that they have nothing or very little to live for.

And, call me crazy, but I can't see that helping to lower violence rates.

Peace.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well, finally. You made the argument for people kill people, not guns, and look what we found out. Hardly surprising.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
DP - but yeah. I have a lot of conservative friends right now, and some without college education, and they tend to solve disagreements with yelling and violence more often.

One of them I live with, though, did go to college with me at a liberal arts college - so he is able to handle discussions and understand how to argue effectively.

It often has to do with being able to express oneself with a good argument - sometimes, if one doesn't know how to do that, they find other methods.
edit on 5-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
Wow, this proves idiots can post anything

In a multi-user thread, a reply like that makes it kind of hard to know what (or whom) you are referring to.

Or do you mean the thread, in general. If that is the case, then I'll say what Ive told my wife thousands of times. "What the world needs is a few more experts."

I look at political charts with about as much enthusiasm as I do top 100 lists regarding music, food or beautiful women. In the end, it all comes down to opinions and I prefer to paraphrase the classic old saw... "When it comes to opinions, every *sshole seems to have one."

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

DP - but yeah. I have a lot of conservative friends right now, and some without college education, and they tend to solve disagreements with yelling and violence more often.

One of them I live with, though, did go to college with me at a liberal arts college - so he is able to handle discussions and understand how to argue effectively.

It often has to do with being able to express oneself with a good argument - sometimes, if one doesn't know how to do that, they find other methods.

This is EXACTLY the elitist attitude I am taking about!! Do you really believe conservatives are more inclined to commit acts of violence?? Please explain why most gun violence occurs in urban areas and urban areas overwhelmingly vote democrat?? I’ll wait….

Do you realize that only 27% of Americans have a college degree?

While 27 percent may seem like a small percentage, the numbers get even smaller when talking about higher education. According to the same survey, only 8.9 percent of Americans have a Masters' Degree and only 3 percent have earned a PhD.
link

If you think that somehow having a degree makes you morally superior to 73% of Americans in this country you are delusional at best.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join