It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Time to BAN Republicans, Poor People and the Working Class

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I found some interesting stats on gun violence that I’d like to share. I think some of you might find it interesting.

It is commonly assumed that mental illness or stress levels trigger gun violence. But that's not borne out at the state level. We found no statistical association between gun deaths and mental illness or stress levels. We also found no association between gun violence and the proportion of neurotic personalities.

Images of drug-crazed gunmen are a commonplace: Guns and drug abuse are presumed to go together. But, again, that was not the case in our state-level analysis. We found no association between illegal drug use and death from gun violence at the state level.

Some might think gun violence would be higher in states with higher levels of unemployment and higher levels of inequality. But, again, we found no evidence of any such association with either of these variables.
link

So who is to blame for the gun violence?? Obviously republicans, the working class and poor people!!!

Is it a coincidence that you could draw a line across the middle of that chart and just label it as follows:

Above - Republicans = BAD
Below - Liberal Progressives = GOOD

So who is behind the US anti-gun agenda? Based on the chart above I think it’s quite obvious that elitist liberals are behind the gun grab (but we knew that already). It’s the poor, the working class and the non-Obama voters who are to blame for gun violence! Obama voters, immigrants and college graduates are safe!! Imagine that!!

There you have it, folks! We are being fed even more propaganda to bolster the two-party divide and class warfare!

Let the flames begin in 3.....2.......1.......

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
That chart is complete and utter hydro-chloro bull hockey.

Can't wait to see that chart all over ATS saying here's proof!!

Wonder how many 'Mcain Voter's' live in Chicago.
edit on 3-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That chart is complete and utter hydro-chloro bull hockey.

Can't wait to see that chart all over ATS saying here's proof!!

Yes, I’m sure that picture will be pulled out as often as the race card is in an attempt to end debate.

I find it REALLY hard to believe that somehow Obama voters are less prone to gun violence when you consider the demographics of his base. We all know Chicago is a low crime area!

I'll leave it at that...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No, this is all the proof we need. No need in questioning the content and seeking others opinions. I'm critical of a lot of charts, statistics, etc that you can find floating around the internet. Before anyone takes the information as fact; question the contents and sources.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I really think more studies need to be made between depression/anxiety medication and mass shootings. Whether it be the mental illness or the drugs giving them a feeling of not caring, a lot of shooters lately have been on them.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Hope the first part of that was sarcasm.

Anyone looking at a chart whose first listing is 'McCain vote share' people should file that chart, and the article it rode in on in a toilet, and flush it where it belongs.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The chart, and the corresponding article, is a bit misleading in my opinion.

Note that these figures include accidental shootings, suicides, even acts of self-defense, as well as crimes.

So this chart lumps everything related to guns and does not take into account the context in which the gun was used.

So ya...I'd say it's propaganda. Good find!
edit on 3-5-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, the first part was sarcasm. As the other user commented this article doesn't differentiate on the different ways the guns were used. To me there is an agenda with this so-called "propaganda" against guns. Just my two cents.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
I really think more studies need to be made between depression/anxiety medication and mass shootings. Whether it be the mental illness or the drugs giving them a feeling of not caring, a lot of shooters lately have been on them.

Mental illness isn’t as big a problem as it’s been made out to be. The mental health argument is a ploy because Obama doesn't want to address the real problem. Urban areas are the real hotbeds of gun violence and that is primarily where Obama's votes come from!

...gun violence is an urban problem that takes place in urban areas that voted for Obama. It’s a problem largely related to gangs and minorities.

The stats back this up:

Chicago, where Obama delivered his victory speech, has homicide numbers that match all of Japan and are higher than Spain, Poland and pre-war Syria. If Chicago gets any worse, it will find itself passing the number of murders for the entire country of Canada.

Chicago’s murder rate of 15.65 per 100,000 people looks nothing like the American 4.2 rate, the Midwestern 4.5 or the Illinois’ 5.6 rates, but it does look like the murder rates in failed countries like Rwanda, Sierra Leone and Zimbabwe. To achieve Chicago’s murder rate, African countries usually have to experience a bloody genocidal civil war or decades of tyranny.
link

Obama even admits this fact…sort of...even though he's not admitting it for the right reasons. He acknowledged it as a way to change the message and appeal to rural Americans:

"Part of being able to move this forward is understanding the reality of guns in urban areas are very different from the realities of guns in rural areas. And if you grew up and your dad gave you a hunting rifle when you were ten, and you went out and spent the day with him and your uncles, and that became part of your family’s traditions, you can see why you’d be pretty protective of that." - Obama
link

edit on 3-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
The chart, and the corresponding article, is a bit misleading in my opinion.

Note that these figures include accidental shootings, suicides, even acts of self-defense, as well as crimes.

So this chart lumps everything related to guns and does not take into account the context in which the gun was used.

So ya...I'd say it's propaganda. Good find!

Exactly! All of the recent anti-gun stats gloss over or fail to mention that accidental shootings, suicides, even acts of self-defense are included in the numbers. If you were to break it down further, the numbers wouldn't be as compelling for the anti-gun argument....and they know that!!

Pure propaganda!!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I agree, but you know as I do that mass shootings get the most attention.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Pissed off, taking a break
edit on 3-5-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

no flame here...it's a flawed poll. the atlantic should know better, and an editor should have never let it be published

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well, at least they are honest and straight forward with their agenda:

Firearm deaths are significantly lower in states with stricter gun control legislation. Though the sample sizes are small, we find substantial negative correlations between firearm deaths and states that ban assault weapons (-.45), require trigger locks (-.42), and mandate safe storage requirements for guns (-.48).

While the causes of individual acts of mass violence always differ, our analysis shows fatal gun violence is less likely to occur in richer states with more post-industrial knowledge economies, higher levels of college graduates, and tighter gun laws. Factors like drug use, stress levels, and mental illness are much less significant than might be assumed.

This leaves us no reason to doubt what the writer's real intentions were.
edit on 3-5-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

YES...that's why these occurrences are intentionally focused on! That was my point.

Obama doesn't want to go after the real problem because 75% (my figure...) of the real shooters are Obama supporters! Urban areas are where most gun violence against others happens and suicides are more prevalent in rural areas.

A study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicates that African-Americans are likelier to be shot by another person and that white Americans are more likely to shoot themselves.

The data revealed that a white person is five times as likely to commit suicide with a gun as to be shot with a gun. On the other hand, for every Black American who uses a gun to commit suicide, five are killed by other people with guns.

The analysis also reveals that gun violence in urban areas most often results in homicide and that suicide by firearms is more common in rural areas of the country.
link

edit on 3-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

YES...that's why these occurrences are intentionally focused on! That was my point.

Obama doesn't want to go after the real problem because 75% of the real shooters are Obama supporters!

Totally agree. His main speaking points, Sandy Hook, Aurora, etc, make it easy for legislation to be enacted. I agree that most shootings aren't related to mental illness, but a lot of the mass shooting ones are. I just want people to see what these drugs could be doing to these people. We shouldn't be throwing medication at people and expect them to be ok. Mental help in this country sucks, and guns are being led as scapegoat.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

I just want people to see what these drugs could be doing to these people. We shouldn't be throwing medication at people and expect them to be ok. Mental help in this country sucks, and guns are being led as scapegoat.

Think about this…the only shootings we hear about involve mentally deranged shooters, right? Well, the people pushing the mental health drugs (Big Pharma/Corporate elites) are the same people who lobby DC and support this regime which is going after stricter gun laws.

Motive?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Mental illness isn’t as big a problem as it’s been made out to be.

I agree it isn't what most are failing to realize it's not a mental health issue. The care act was left open had so many holes in it that they get to add more to it under the guise of "gun control".

All one big agenda.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This disagrees with what i think should be true! It can't be correct for that reason! LALALALALA

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Covertblack

I just want people to see what these drugs could be doing to these people. We shouldn't be throwing medication at people and expect them to be ok. Mental help in this country sucks, and guns are being led as scapegoat.

Think about this…the only shootings we hear about involve mentally deranged shooters, right? Well, the people pushing the mental health drugs (Big Pharma/Corporate elites) are the same people who lobby DC and support this regime which is going after stricter gun laws.

Motive?

Very well could be onto something friend.

edit on 3-5-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join