It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diy astrophotography. How to make a Sturdy Iphone/ camera mount for under $50

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

edit on 3-5-2013 by jaffer44 because: (no reason given)

Hello again fellow ATSers I have been motivated by the great thread early this week of people showing of the astrophotography but instead of showing pictures i thought I'd do a video of how i take them and building a cheap but strong mount there are also some hints and tips to help you building yours.
Also please if you have a mount setup show us some pics i would love to see what other people have come up with.

I'll start off by showing you this video of my rig and its kit jump ahead to next video for making of the mount.

Ok now onto what you need and how to make the mount

And this last video shows easiest way to align the camera after a lens change and talks you though the basics of using the Pro camera app

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffer44

just imagine it...got it...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
No offense, but why build one for under $50 when you can buy one for under $10?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

Great question and if you watch the video on how I built it that question will be answered.
I only spent 25 for the phone mount the rest I had laying around house
I put $50 in the thread tittle because I thought people might have to buy something I already had.
The full answer to your question is in the video but short and sweet cheap plastic it no go you need to use steal at certain points along the rig because plastic flexes so much you are always trying to compensate for the flex by over aligning hoping when it settles its in the right spot

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Opps double post

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well I'm off to work I'll be back online at lunch in about 5 hours and keep your crossed for a clear night tonight and I'll post a video of with more detail on using the Pro cammera apps with Saturn in the view finder

new topics

top topics

join