It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Pounds of Explosives Stolen From Montana Bunker

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I can't help thinking about the Camp Minden Depot here in NW Louisiana where we had an explosion. No, these depots aren't as secure as they should be. It took all night for them to find the blast area. Also of interest, they weren't even aware of over 6 million pounds of explosive improperly stored. Many of the containers were degraded and in poor shape and outside or packed in sheds scattered throughout and stored so poorly that they were hard to get at to relocate. The problems at Camp Minden are still ongoing. Residents have not been helped relevant to damages. Not all of the explosives have been relocated and stored properly. Camera security/guard security certainly was lacking....makes one wonder how bad it is elsewhere at other depots and such.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Is it all that unlikely that some State-affiliated police pilfered the explosives in order to get more funding and/or equipment from DHS? Maybe someone's job was on the chopping block and a federal case like this provides employment, at least in the short term.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
www.google.com... zero_code.doc&ei=1LyEUfWSLKnhiAKsl4DwCg&usg=AFQjCNHgvvh-2urUGRuu4FvW3SuVGl9gbg&bvm=bv.45960087,d.cGE Should be a link to a pdf on how the forestry service stores and keeps its explosives but its a pdf so be for warned

www.michigandnr.com... from Michigan not Montana but i figured they would be relatively uniform among the states

www.atf.gov... here is how the ATF wants you to store your explosives pretty sure if they have their way lots of people will get fired over this as i am sure it is usualy frowned on to loose explosives

on a lighter note perhaps some one is prepping early for one hell of a fourth of jully display (we Montanans do love our fire works........)

www.gpo.gov...

HOMELAND SECURITY: SURVEILLANCE AND MONITORING OF EXPLOSIVE STORAGE FACILITIES
congressional record from 2004 of them discussing the security risk with explosives storage and how they hope to mitigate these things from happening

www.nps.gov...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet that the Earth Liberation Front is responsible - and that the feds share this suspicion as well.
Or if I were to buy into the propaganda going around lately, evil Muslims stole it. The Left might suspect patriot groups, and conspiracy theorists or even some on the right, their own Government.

Who could it be?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Really not that big of a deal, unless the wrong persons are involved. Likely just some landowner who will use it clearing or building his own road or preparing his home site.

The explosives are kept there for road building, maintenance or clearing slides. Happens more often than you think and many times it's probably workers or ex-workers who know what's there.

More fear mongering, by the media and their handlers with a purpose in mind.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This could be a front load operation. Down the road the headline reads "Explosives in terrorist blast were traced back to those stolen in Montana 2 years ago"

Explosives were NOT stolen, the article simply plays a part in the ongoing attack on liberty in the USA.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
As soon as I read this article a few questions came to mind.

1. Who stole these explosives?

2. What are their intentions?

3. How does a person/people manage to steal 559 pounds of explosives without being caught?

There are plenty of other questions that come to mind but those were the main ones for me.

You file a FOIA and get the locations of the federally registered explosives bunkers. Then rob them. Or, you find out where construction is going on that is using charges to cut rock, and you survey the place to find the explosives storage. And break in. Or, you file for a federal explosives license, and buy them over the counter. The license is a couple hundred bucks. You will have to have a properly constructed bunker, but that's straightforward concrete block work.

Or you make them. Binary emulsion explosives are easy peasy.

Many citizens of theUnited States are still recovering/living in fear due to the Boston incident regardless of their opinions of what really happened that day. Now, 559 pounds of explosives and equipment to help detonate these explosives have gone missing.

600 pounds of kinepak is piddly.

I'll say that again.

600 pounds of kinepak, det cord, emulsion/slurry charge and assorted possibles is piddly.

I see 'powder trucks' on the road ALL THE TIME and each one of them has way way way more than that in it.

Doing farm work, you could go through 50-60 pounds of kinepak in a good day of work clearing fields.

This was a medium sized explosives bunker that wasn't guarded. If you were to break into a construction shack doing explosive clearing of rock or right of way, you'd find WAY more than that.
edit on 4-5-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Am I the only one to think that a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest is a bit low?

No

I offer 10,000 $ and lifetime use of adult diaper as reward.

The money is cash.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Considering the fact that explosives can be used by terrorists, not to mention they're deadly in the wrong hands, you would think the security on bunkers across the U.S. would be tight. I would also think security cameras would be the norm. Fail.

Well, from talking to a few people in the business, they are FAR from being secure.

But these explosives will show up....just not the way we want them to.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Camera security/guard security.
first security guards are useless.
They are just 4+ more people that know where the explosives are stored and are low payed and would sell the information on location within days after being laid off or fired. plus in remote areas the guard would likely be sleeping on the job anyway.

Camera security only tells you after the idem have been taken. plus by federal and state safety laws you can not have any power sources within 100 feet of a explosive magazine so you cannot power the cameras or alarm systems at the explosive magazine.
Explosives are required to be stored in remote areas in heavy reinforced bunkers.
but there are few locks that can not be beaten. and your guard has to stay 100s or 1000s of feet away
and it snows in Montana so part of the year a guard may not even be able to get in.

I worked for years as a blaster and stored my explosives over 800 feet in the mine i worked behind two locked doors and i kept the detonators stored and hidden in a different part of the mine.

I always stored the detonators(blasting caps) under the floor of the blasting cap magazine and stored tools in plain sight in the blasting cap magazine.

My guess is this missing explosives went to Mexico to the Cartels or some small mine in the US.

The cost of 500 pounds of explosives of the type taken would be around $10,000 when you factored in the cost of a explosive magazine, shipping cost, and permit cost. inspection cost. ECT ECT.
iIn many states the local fire department inspects the explosive magazine before use and rural areas its volunteer fire fighters so every local volunteer fire fighter know where your explosive magazine is and almost no volunteer fire department ever do background checks on the fire fighters because most are short handed as it is and would take any warm body.
Stealing the explosives are easy if you dig a hole a 1/4 mile away and just move the explosives and bury them for a few months.
You stand very little chance of getting caught with the explosives. and if the investigation get too hot you just don't go back and dig it up for a couple years
And if you become a prime suspect you never go back for it. Never going back for it still will cause fear that i still out there and might be used.

Stolen explosives scare the government. But explosives that are missing and never found scares them even worse.

If it had been me i would have only taken half the explosives. and would have set off the rest in the explosive magazine.
then the government would have never known if all or only part went off and if it was a accidental detonation or it someone had even stolen any.
edit on 4-5-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I can almost say that this is an episode from 24.

Hmm..oh wait some government agents stole the stash to sell to some u.s. made terrorist.

Surely the cia was asleep when all this happen. So are we to expect more bombings?? Umm yea!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Now the US has the ability to cause the same type of martial law as seen at Boston.

They can say, hey the theft of the explosives in this place! Then they proceed with their plan of military involvement like in Boston.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Doesnt sound like the feds were very concerned with it being stolen given how they were stored and given the $5K reward it doesnt sound like they're too concerned with recovering them either.

exactly. in the boston marathon case i had been critical of conspiracy theories (and still am), however this story just doesn't make any sense. how was there no video surveillance watching over all of these explosives? and a $5K reward? lmao. maybe this is the story they'll fall back on for the next 'real' false flag? "stolen explosives used to attack...."
edit on 4-5-2013 by Hendrick99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

He he. Is Saskatchewan gonna fill up now? All kidding aside, maybe they transported it up here for some evil agenda. I hope not, but with the recent VIA rail incident in Toronto, who knows.....

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
That's just the kind of stuff I would like to have when I am prospecting for gold and gemstones! I could not count the times I have been wedged into a hole trying to get dismantle a gas cavity pegmatite to get to the goodies and wished for explosives to expedite my task. But I cannot see recreational miner/rockhounds being behind this.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wow, This is spooky. I live in Western Montana myself and will need to remain vigilant and keep an eye out for anything.

This doesn't sit well with me...and with the stuff out guvment has done before, well you can understand.

I hope something sinister isn't already coming down the pipes again.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midyew
Wow, This is spooky. I live in Western Montana myself and will need to remain vigilant and keep an eye out for anything.

This doesn't sit well with me...and with the stuff out guvment has done before, well you can understand.

I hope something sinister isn't already coming down the pipes again.

right...because western Montana is such a prime terrorist target
...you see more suspicious elk and deer than people there

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
There were no cameras or surveillance? Hmmm
Sounds like an inside job to me....

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Camera security only tells you after the idem have been taken. plus by federal and state safety laws you can not have any power sources within 100 feet of a explosive magazine so you cannot power the cameras or alarm systems at the explosive magazine.

y.
edit on 4-5-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

Oh, well that makes sense....
Was not aware of the laws...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Wayyy TMI in that post than the average person ought to know. I do love the fact the that gov't , which requires secure magazines, also inhibits the creation of a secure magazine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join