learn more

Hundreds of Pounds of Explosives Stolen From Montana Bunker

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

You may not have much in the way of LEO's in the area but considering recent events, wouldn't the "big guys" come in to do all of their fancy forensic stuff to find the thief? Finding and matching-up tire tracks and all that good jazz?

I find it a bit disconcerting that we spend all this money on "securing the homeland", yet they need our help to track em down.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

we do have a local fbi office in town so i would assume they would be bringing in atf and federal agents to work on the problem but montana for lack of a better term is not exactly that fond of federal agents from the general vibe i get from people i talk to.

with recent events being what they have been i would not be surprised to see a few more federal vehicles around but with it happening in the bottom corner of our state near Wyoming i would assume authorities in that state will be on watch as well with it happening a few days ago they could be as far as the dakotas or into idaho by now so it is a pretty large search area for how long the suspect/s have been gone so who knows where it ended up,who knows could just end up hearing that some one stole it to try to build a bunker or expand a mine or something that or declared total war on tree stumps(common rural use for explosives) but either way i hope it ends up in a non event and they find the people who stole the explosives and boost securty at their facilities

edit to add: as far as forensics go if red lodge has been having the weird weather we have been having there mostlikely will be no evidence as the snow has mostlikely melted (if it snowed their) or with the rain and what not all traces could be gone,the old montana saying you dont like the weather wait fifteen minutes comes to mind but im sure if they find anything im sure they will look into it
edit on 3-5-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The post below was actually directed to Zarniwoop, sorry for making the reply to WeRpeons.

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by WeRpeons

Your theory is certainly possible, but as WeRpeons mentioned, why would items such as these be left unguarded, and I certainly hope there were not any tell tale indicators such as you mentioned.

"Unguarded exposives...take as you please" should be the what sign reads (sarcasm)
edit on 5/3/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: edited to point out sarcasm to avoid confusion

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by SpaDe_

That is a lot of explosives, but don't be confused by the weight of the explosives and the explosive weight of them. For example, if you have an explosive item that weighs 10 pounds, there may only be .75 pounds of actual explosive content. A 1000 pound laser guided bomb has 450 pounds of explosive content. the NEW or Net Explosive Weight is what is important, and these items don't have much at all, HOWEVER they can be used in conjunction with other more powerful explosives, especially the Det Cord that was stolen. Most Det Cord is a Category 1 material which should be under high security, so either this Det Gord in the story isn't the more volatile type or they were in gross violation of explosive handling and storage regulations. Also, 1.1 class explosives are the mass detonating type that could kill a lot of people. these items look to be 1.4 which isn't really a big deal. The fireworks you buy for 4th of July are 1.4.

I understand that weight has little to do with the actual explosive yield, but just looking at the pictures tells a pretty good story of exactly how much damage could be done with the explosives that were taken. There is plastic style explosive, shaped accelerators and cord. I will not get into detail on what can exactly be done with it, but if you know anything about explosives then you also know in the right hands this combo can be extremely deadly regardless of their class.
edit on 5/3/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I see what you are saying, but targeting nuclear silos for simple destruction would be kind of pointless since these are non populated areas. Perhaps the fall out could affect near by people but it's not the same in comparison to blowing up a reactor.

Personally I never really considered the silos to be a target unless an unwanted party could gain remote access, then it would be a serious concern.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I agree, the explosives listed have the potential to do some real damage in the right hands.
We used det cord to take down fire damaged snags occsionally if they were too dangerous for fallers to take down.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
First, we need to email Scott Pelley of CBS, and tell him about the missing explosives. Whether or not he or CBS news decides to use it will speak volumes.

Now, we must be vigilant so that the black ops don't blow some soft target off the map. If they succeed, the gun control people will start screaming that the "bombs" were made of black powder, smokeless reloading powder, fireworks, shotgun shell and bullet propellant. If they succeed again, there will be a huge cry in the mainstream media to ban fireworks and bullets. They tried to do it for Boston, and the fireworks slant may still work.

There are only seven or eight of these people doing these things. If we could catch them, somehow, even one, we might could stop this BS.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

if the picture provided by RalagaNarHallas www.panoramio.com...
is anything to go by, one could entertain oneself a bit by some comedical cogitation regarding how the authorities have, once again, flushed taxpayer dollars down the toilet...

by using a brick shi *COUGH* Outhouse as a munitions Dump

why can't I flag?

oh, that's right...

i'm new here

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I ask, why those explosives were there in the first place. Is there something right close by that requires explosives?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hopefully whoever did it gets caught. I get the feeling they didn't steal so they could go out and mine for coal.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
My bet is that they weren't 'stolen', they were taken without notice, and will later be used in a False-flag attack [or a terrorist attack as its called these days], and used as a tool against the American people to strip more of their rights. I hope i'm wrong, but going by their track record, I think my bet is safe !

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm going to take the optimistic tack here...Maybe there's a good 'ole boy rancher sowing a nice open field this spring, which was full of stumps last fall. That's how my grandad did it, when you could still get TNT at the hardware store.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Explosives are scattered all over the state in Forest service bunkers. As another poster mentioned yes they do sy DANGER EXPLOSIVES on the entry way of the bunker. As for reasons why who knows. However don't forget we have a very wide open border with Canada were a person can walk across without detection.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

the article said they keep it for road clearing of land slides and i would assume potently in avalanche control but they usually use howitzers or rockets for that was suprised that the forestry service would have so much laying around.

www.dumbstump.com... could be left over from stump removal too but i hear its not as popular a method as it used to be

www.fs.fed.us... also can be used to "fell trees"

lemurking.files.wordpress.com... and for the more likely uses for it corpse removal (animal mind you) as if you have ever seen whats left of a moose after a semi hits it occasionally they get rid of the bigger pieces of carcass with explosives(like they occasionally detonate beached whales)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Forget all the coc aine and weapons and illegal immigrants from Mexico and worry about Canada

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Are you really that dense? Yes drugs are trafficked across the wide open border. However with the majority of Border patrol fixated on the southern border the northern border is a ripe peach. Unless you live here you have no clue what I am talking about.

www.asiancanadian.net...

The independent Government Accountability Office sent investigators out to see how easy it would be to carry large, red duffle bags with simulated radioactive material and other contraband across the Canada-U.S. border at three of four unguarded spots.

They succeeded without a problem.

The report complains there are many state roads that end at the border that aren't manned or monitored. Some are only staffed during the day, and anyone could drive around barriers placed across the road at night, it said.

edit on 4-5-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This is exactly what Douglas Dietrich said would happen. The corruption and theft in the government is so high, that all of the ammo and weapons they are ordering will just end up in various factions hands as what happened after the soviet union fell.... ala the movie starring Nicolas Cage... It seems to be starting already.. Let us see if it gets worse..

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

You know nothing about cross border procedures, get back in your corner,

Your tattoos suck by the way,

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Nice response. Is that the best you can come up with? Not my fault you failed geography in school. Anyone who lives in this state near the border can attest to the fact that there are numerous areas you can walk right across with zero interaction from border patrol. So you tell me Captain obvious tasked with a choice between entering this country from the northern or southern border with the least amount of scrutiny which of the two are you going to go with? Do tell what this cross border procedures is you are talking about when the border is wide open with no fences,barriers or active patrols in miles long sections. Please do educate me.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Plenty of legit uses for explosives. (It's just happens to be one of those tools that can be too easily used as a weapon.)

Clearing trails of rock slides, tree or tree stump removal, getting rid of logjams or unwanted beaver dams on a river, triggering avalanches or a potential rockslides from a slope before it before it hurts anybody, demolition of unwanted old and/or unsafe manmade structures, landscaping for new trails, etc. It's used to speed up work that would take a long time otherwise. In remote areas you'd use explosives and two or three people for a task where a similar job may take around twenty people with chainsaws and/or excavation equipment in populated areas where use of explosives wouldn't typically be allowed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join