It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Blames U.S. For Gun Violence In Mexico

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
when the phrase "war on drugs" was coined what they counted on was us supplying drug cartels with the guns and ammo. you didn't really think it was about anything else did you? money, the bottom line.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by neo96

Then stop selling them the guns Obama~

He wants all the guns in Syria.

That is why he is banning them

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This is all I could think of to respond to that statement by our president.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Fast and Furious is the same thing that came to mind while watching this. And most of the websites that posted this video do not allow comments so ignorant people actually believe this. It's so amazing how this guy can walk out there and just make stuff up and nobody questions it... not even the so called "right wing" media.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This is my opinion there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Love what you did there.

Sounds like you need to get your head and your a$$ wired together or the Obama admin will take a giant...ah you know the rest.

edit on 4-5-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Same goes for Israel. USA just "sold" some 3B$ worth of arms to Israel. Keep it going, men. War, unrest, ecc. creates jobs, takes care of overpopulation, and of course makes big money.....
some world we are in, folks
this planet is a criminal asylum

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by indicaindigo

Do you not see the FEDS busting "legal" pot places in CA? It's because BIG PHARMA wants to make really expensive THC pills and make a bigger profit on it.

Why is oxycotin such a killer amongst young people these days? Depopulation and BIG PHARMA drug money.

But heroin is illegal?

The feds are playing both sides of the field on this.. Anyone who doesn't see this is just plain stupid.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If he's worried about gun violence in Mexico and wants someone to blame, maybe he and Eric Holder should go look in a mirror first.

I really hope this is the argument that the left is planning on running with for the next gun control push, because its amazingly stupid. If you think its hard to get gun owners, not to mention Congress, to support new gun restrictions, just wait until Obama tells them that we have to restrict guns in the United States to curb gun violence in Mexico...especially in light of Fast and Furious. Yeah, that's gonna go over really well.

BTW, this is the second time they've tried this. Obama had Holder out floating this turd once before back in February of 2009, just after he took office.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This issue isn't about guns.....its about drugs and money.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by trenck
Same goes for Israel. USA just "sold" some 3B$ worth of arms to Israel. Keep it going, men. War, unrest, ecc. creates jobs, takes care of overpopulation, and of course makes big money.....

We have defense contracts with Israel.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo when I read this Friday on a link at Drudge I thought you would be the one to post this. I personally think it was really sad what the prez said, its almost like he is telling the Mexican people that we the American people will take responsibility for your actions. Sad ...............very sad.

edit on 4-5-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Why not.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by trenck

We have defense contracts with Israel.

That's right we have to fulfill the contracts lord knows the war machine might go broke. Besides if we don't sell it to them they will just steal it.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
"[color=C4C391]America is not a country. It's just a business."

[color=535353]quoted from 2012 film 'Killing Them Softly'

reply to post by Terminal1

Originally posted by Terminal1

Maybe people will start looking at arm sales worldwide now. I'd make a guess that US aid to foreign countries are just that, buying arms. Tired of it to be honest. It just isn't US manufacturers either.

There is money to be had in violence.

Personally, I think it seems rather silly to focus only on Mexico. That's just guns. We send the real weapons across the Seas, not across the borders. We ARM The World!

One side obtains weapons, and then the World Police just have to come in and make it a 'fair' fight by leveling out the playing field, and supplying the opposition with similar weapons so they can 'defend' themselves.

edit on 5/4/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Originally posted by Logarock

This issue isn't about guns.....its about drugs and money.

It has nothing to do with 'Drugs'.

Drugs are simply the means by which to reach the desired end result:

Money? Yeah kinda, but more specifically: [color=FFA98F]Power & Control.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Maybe he should choke down on the ever so open border we have. Maybe make it to were just any person cannot just walk through without going through border control.

Yep there would be no drug cartels is not for our guns.....
Certainly there would be no corrupt Mexican officials if the U.S. did not have guns........................
Of course all the problems in Mexico are because the U.S. has guns..........

Well, okay none f that is true. I guess Obama is wrong, not only wrong but stupid for insinuating such.

The drug cartels are there because of drug laws making it a profitable thing to do in a country that has no other form of income. What is funny (well not really funny in the haha sense) is that a lot of the times the cartels make their point by hacking people up with machetes. Well that and chainsaws.

The corruption in Mexico has been there as long if not longer than the corruption in DC. Obama being from Chicago should know all about what corruption is like, seeing that it is one of the most corrupt cities in the U.S.

But of course since Obama says it, it must be true, just like when Bush was saying it and his puppets followed his every word.

Raist

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by indicaindigo

This is what I'm saying as well. The root of the problem is the cartels' source of income, which is primarily drug money. We know full well that making drugs illegal isn't going to stop anyone from doing them, in fact its more likely to increase usage because of the forbidden fruit syndrome.

The guns and violence are a consequence of the first part. You cannot address the gun issue until you address the core issue, which is that drugs are illegal and the cartels are profiting immensely from them. Any other solution proposed is just a band-aid to the problem.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Obama is right. The point he misses is it's his administration that allowed the guns to be illegally exported to Mexico in the first place.

Obama needs to blame....Obama. Don't hold your breath....

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well...Fast & Furious was just part of the game.
I Juarez, across from El Paso, there are five (5) warehouses full of guns and explosives the MX government has seized. Only one warehouse is allowed to be seen by any US person. The reason. THe MX government only complains about firearms they are sure came from the US. They are part of the anti-firearms game also.
Another issue is 'real' AK vs a semi-auto AK. Real AK's are $5.00 (US$) down on the Gutamalan border. New Chinese to Israeli Galils are available.
This is an anti-gun and anti-US issue. The big push is 'Re-conquista', the taking back of the American Southwest by Mexicans.
Want an education? GOOGLE 'reconquista' and 'la voz de Aztlan'. Aztlan being what the Mexicans call the Southwest US the MX want back.
I have been on my soap box before, but Mexico is not a friend to the US. The sided with Spain in the Spanish-American War. THey sided with the Axis powers in World War I. They sided with the Axis Powers in World War II. In the Cold War, there were more Soviet and Communist Block intelligence agents in Mexico than any place outside Eastern Europe...and all this after the US furnished the weapons to the Juarestias to over throw the French Maximillian.
I will get off my soap box, but MX is not now nor ever have been a friend to the US.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So Obama is telling us in a round-about way that DOJ head Eric Holder sold weapons to some mexican drug cartels. Isn't that why Eric Holder plays the national security card and prevents an honest investigation from taking place?

The elite control the drug trade via agents in all governments. The idea is not to prevent drugs from coming in, but to monopolise the market for themselves. Drugs and weapons are their cash cow for other illegal activities as well.
edit on 4/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join