It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Blames U.S. For Gun Violence In Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

"Most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States," President Obama said during a speech at Mexico's Anthropology Museum. "I think many of you know that in America, our Constitution guarantees our individual right to bear arms. And as president, I swore an oath to uphold that right, and I always will."

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Yeah they did Obama by your administration FAST and FURIOUS.

'But at the same time he will do everything in his power to pass common sense reform' !!!!!!

Translation Obama will continue sending arms to Mexico to destabilize it so that more illegals go north of the border.

Tin foil hat time:

Fast and furious had a 2 pronged agenda:

1. Use as an excuse to further gun control laws
2. Use it to get more people here to pass 'amnesty' and give them voting rights.

Ok so that's not really a conspiracy theory chalk it up to 'never letting a good crisis go to waste'

A crisis like all crisis government makes so they can 'provide the solution'.

This 'Most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States' He should know.

Both He and Holder should know.

This is my opinion there are many like it, but this one is mine.

edit on 3-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Then stop selling them the guns Obama~

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Like the others have said, the first step is to stop selling them guns.

the second step is to remove american corporate influence. Anyone think it is a coincidence that Coca-cola has a headquarters in Juarez, which just happens to have become one of the murder capitals of the world?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Finally he is taking responsibility for the gun problems in mexico. Maybe now we will stop supplying other countries with weapons illegally and we can fire him?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You read my mind. Thanks for the post!

Obama did SUPPLY the guns that caused the extreme rise in gun violence.

Think the main stream media will report this? Of course not, they will find a way to blame Bush or Republicans.

They will not point out that Eric Holder and Obama actually created the rise in gun violence on purpose to try and blame the US for gun violence and so to get gun control through.
Anyone want to speculate why Obama wants to get gun control through, it sure isn't to protect people from gun violence since he supplied guns to criminals in Mexico in order to have more people killed to advance his agenda.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I guess he thinks we started the drug cartels too.....what an idiot....

Des

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by neo96

I guess he thinks we started the drug cartels too.....what an idiot....

Des

Well where do you think most of the illegal guns in Canada come from?
Helluvan export.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What about if we secured the bor................. never mind.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Maybe if we stopped the so-called 'war on drugs'??? Especially when our own intelligence service participates in the drug trade.
edit on 3-5-2013 by lynxpilot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

By the way, I lived in New Mexico under Bush. I had to be careful when I crossed the border, but it was safe to do so. I did a lot of shopping in Juarez. My girlfriends and I would go across in the morning and be sure to cross back well before dark. We walked safely through the streets at the end of the Bush era.

Later when I lived in Arizona, on the border at Sierra Vista, it was not safe to even venture close to the border of Juarez and the violence had spread dramatically into El Paso. Now I know why, Obama was actually giving the criminals on the border as many guns as he possibly could smuggle to them.
There was a tiny border town near Douglas Arizona where I worked. The little border town there was not dangerous because it was too small to be handed guns by the Democratic Party. I went over twice with some mexican nationals who were legally over the border that I worked with. It was so very sad. The town had been decimated because Americans were terrified to cross the border because of the heavily reported (accurately) violence in the larger border towns. Store fronts that catered to Americans were closed, street after street of them. What had Obama, Holder and the Democrats done? They had supplied guns to criminals on purpose to trick the American people into voting for gun control. Many Mexicans lost business' and jobs because of this policy of the Democrats. Obama is no friend of the average Mexican, he supplied guns that caused many deaths, lots of fear, and the loss of hundreds of jobs and businesses on the border that were run by regular families just trying to make a living.

What a hypocritical speech he gave. But most Americans are so uninformed by MSNBC, ABC, CBS, CNN etc that they would have no idea of the truth. Shame, on the journalists, they are no longer journalists, they are simply sycophants that kiss the .... of the Democratic party.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He must be talking about the agencies that had those guns.....then sold those guns......to their connections in Mexico...completely on accident...

WHAT.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Just to clarify...

edit on Fri May 3 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

What a hypocritical speech he gave. But most Americans are so uninformed by MSNBC, ABC, CBS, CNN etc that they would have no idea of the truth. Shame, on the journalists, they are no longer journalists, they are simply sycophants that kiss the .... of the Democratic party.

This is true, and the video they cheered for him.

Not just Americans being uninformed.
edit on 3-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
What about if we secured the bor................. never mind.

RACIST!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Not to be inflammatory, but I would say the root cause of gun violence in Mexico IS the fault of the United States of America, though not necessarily through their own volition, nor through the availability of firearms.

Now that I have you already contemplating bellicose retorts to the above statement, let me explain further; The US is to blame because they are the primary target/consumer of products produced south of the border.

The US is a victim of its own success and by success, I mean availability of disposable (or willingness to find disposable) income and sheer population size.

The US is the primary consumer of illicit products which spurs on the development of these criminal/violent organizations, which more often then not, includes gun violence, oh an beheading violence and many other forms of violence. I am confused as to why gun violence has been singled out.

I think Obama could have been more correct by stating that the US is to blame for "Violence in Mexico", not "Gun Violence".

In light of my own personal conclusions stated above, I would agree that Obama's statement is out of line and is possibly serving ulterior motives.

edit on 3-5-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Wait. what?

Did we nationalize the gun industry while I blinked? Does the government own any gun manufacturers now?

Seriously. Maybe people will start looking at arm sales worldwide now. I'd make a guess that US aid to foreign countries are just that, buying arms. Tired of it to be honest. It just isn't US manufacturers either.

There is money to be had in violence. Follow the money. I doubt it is landing in Obamas pocket.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Massive corruption in the Mexican government is the reason they don't eliminate the cartels.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by MDDoxs

Massive corruption in the Mexican government is the reason they don't eliminate the cartels.

That is merely a consequence of the growth of the cartels spurred on by the demand in the US. Analogues to a large corporation sending lobbiests to Washington to petition on their behalf to Either maintain the millions of dollars of revenue or to further increase revenue/profit making opportunities. The cartels if viewed as a legal business, would be the Goldman-sachs or wal-mart of the criminal world.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by MDDoxs

That is merely a consequence of the growth of the cartels spurred on by the demand in the US. Analogues to a large corporation sending lobbiests to Washington to petition on their behalf to Either maintain the millions of dollars of revenue or to further increase revenue/profit making opportunities. The cartels if viewed as a legal business, would be the Goldman-sachs or wal-mart of the criminal world.

No, it's a consequence of greed and lack of integrity.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Dox is right. If there was no demand for their product they wouldn't be in business. That type of business takes a lot of money to run. Can sell your product? You've got no power.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join