It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Jobs Report: Unemployment Rate Falls To 7.5%

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I wouldn't be too worried (just a little) about the QE.

The more I look at the countries that are employing QE, and the more I compare them to the ones that are not currently using QE, the less I think it is relevant to the current recovery.

It strikes me as very odd that some countries have stopped QE's (or not used at all) when their dollar hit a specific point, not when their economy hit a specific point.

It's almost like certain nations are trying to achieve dollar parity more then anything...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
My business is hiring both full time and part time workers. But all you crybabies whining about how it's all Obama's fault....Don't bother even filling out a job application with my company. We want positive people willing to get their hands dirty and help make this company a success.

edit on 3-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I'm curious as to what industry your company is considered. You don't have to tell me the name. I just want to know what types of jobs you're trying to fill.
How many positions are available?
How many people have applied for each position?
What is the pay rate for each position?
What area of the country are you in? Listing the state would be helpful.
Does your company fire people immediately before they're supposed to be getting benefits?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thing is, the market is shooting up since the jobs hit a brick wall, what goes up must come down, and will cause even more job loss, then what?

Is that the Great Depression? Or Just a point where Food Stamps becomes as common as paying minimum wage?
edit on 3-5-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

No financial bubble burst will be worse than the one caused by an artificially inflated bubble. That is what is happening now, and it is unsustainable.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
News reported the DOW nearing 15,000
WOW!
Hmmm....

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
News reported the DOW nearing 15,000
WOW!
Hmmm....

Nearing 15,000 ?

You're a little late.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 48e18
reply to post by camaro68ss

The myth of hyper-inflation has been another Right wing rally call since 2009...they said it would hit later that year...then in 2010...then in 2011...etc. It is just basic fear mongering to get the right wing base against the opposition.

I never said you are a Republican, but you are definitely right wing. The tea party and libertarians are right wing as well.

Just because hyperinflation hasn't happened yet isn't proof that it isn't going to happen. The fact of the matter is that we are injecting a substantial amount of money into our economy monthly. Eventually it will catch up to us, just like every other nation that has tried this tactic in the past. All the Republicans got wrong is when it is going to happen, and the reason they aren't crying about it right now is because they don't currently have an election to win.

It hasn't happened because the rest of the industrialized world is using quantative easing as well. If we did this in a vaccum all by ourselves, we would be screwed. But the other powerhouse economies are doing it as well so it is a wash.

All this is saying is that when hyperinflation finally kicks in, it won't just be isolated to one country, but rather the whole first world. The attitude that "Hey everyone else is doing it, so it must be ok," is incorrect. The fact remains eventually this giant money infusion is going to catch up to us sooner or later. By the way, there is more precedence of hyperinflation happening due to overprinting money than not, so I think it would be more rational to side with history in this instead of just making up economic theory on the spot to explain why it hasn't occurred yet.

If our economy was improving, why are more people on welfare benefits then ever before? Why do we need to keep injecting $85 billion a month into the economy? Shouldn't the economy, since it is improving, be able to stand on its own? Why aren't interests rates rising? Could it be that if they did, our country wouldn't be able to afford to pay the interest on its debt? Why is the stock market at an all time high, yet wages are lower than ever?

Are you not aware of what an economic bubble is? Because that is clearly what we are inflating. One thing about all bubbles, they are all extremely fragile and they all eventually pop. What do you think is going to happen when this bubble eventually pops? Have you looked into the student debt bubble? Did you know that student loans cannot be charged off? So when that young college grad leaves college with his degree in some worthless Liberal Art (because everyone just HAS to have a college degree these days...
) and finds out that all he can get is a job making $10 an hour, how is he supposed to pay off that student loan?

Also like other posters have pointed out, the bonds that the Fed is printing each month HAVE to mature, that's what bonds are. It's going to happen, it's not a matter if, it's a matter of when. Eventually they will mature and all that money will hit main street like a bomb and then everything will cook off from there. So I hope that Kool-aid you are drinking tastes delicious, because we certainly are in for a bumpy ride.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i was going to say the markets took that number and ran with it, put up the gas prices cause everyone is back to work. Good News, Dow up 129.97 points, Yeah, you go morons.

Just to clarify, I was being sarcastic here, not supportive in any way of this bogus report.
edit on 3-5-2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Man, I love your optimism! That's how I've been feeling lately myself...things aren't great, I know, but it does seem like things are getting better. I'd rather look for some sort of bright spot in the future than look for the potential for complete collapse.

Yes, I may be naive and foolish, but it keeps me semi-sane anyways.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.

Our road in Arizona is headed towards prosperity.

No one on this planet is going to stop us!

What about nature and drought? What about water? Half of my family live in Mesa, and Lake Havasu....Where does your water come from..sorry off topic.

It makes you think about where jobs are but what about resources? That is why I moved away from the southwest....too dry and dead for me..

The drought problem has been solved.

Geoengineering
edit on 3-5-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
i was going to say the markets took that number and ran with it, put up the gas prices cause everyone is back to work. Good News, Dow up 129.97 points, Yeah, you go morons.

The markets reacted to a fake tweet about the president and a bomb at the WH.

The stock markets are easily influenced by false or misleading reports.... It is a proven fact, now just wait until they can no longer hide from reality...

Good luck.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Oh yes, such a major relief to see people working at bars and fast food joints making $7.50 an hour (not even enough to support yourself on let alone a family). Just don't mention all the big business being shipped over seas so that they can pay their "workers" slave wages.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

At the end of the day do people believe the TPTB are telling them the truth? Are these numbers really good news?

I don't trust progressives.
edit on 3-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by BobM88

At the end of the day do people believe the TPTB are telling them the truth? Are these numbers really good news?

I don't trust progressives.
edit on 3-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

Bad news would be: 5,000 Jobs created

550,000 dropped out of the workforce.

We got better news than that today. Too bad Obama isn't here to dance in the end zone.

He is in Mexico playing his " Blame America First " routine.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Inaccuracy in its finest.

Sure, by the "Standardized" unemployment ratings, these numbers may be somewhat accurate (with some fudging),

but if you were to take all the people who, if questioned, would like or need a job, I can almost guarantee you the unemployment rate is close to 20%.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You must work for the obama campaign in some manner, you are naive, or you just truly believe this. You need to read up on how they do these reports. The .gov just reduces the total number of "available" jobs.

Example. Today there is 10 jobs available according to .gov. 9 people are working so its a 10 percent unemployment rate.

Next week .gov says theres only 9 jobs available.

Wow you just reduced employment to zero. Its very simple. Pay no attention to these numbers and they are truly meaningless.

.gov ain't lying because people aren't hiring and they are getting rid of available "positions" in their companies due to inflation and the requirement to pay health insurance for employees.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Most of the posters on ATS are wise to the fact that the job numbers are total B.S. and mean NOTHING when it comes to the strength of the economy. Many of those jobs reported are part-time, "service sector" jobs, i.e., McJobs.

Who the heck can support themselves on jobs like this?

People should be wary when the Dow jumps up this high. A new high, a historic high, with absolutely ZERO solid fundamentals to back it up. Those that are suckered in at these highs are gonna be crying in their Kool-Aid later.

The Obama-bots will say that it's all his doing when the news from D.C. is good, and say that he has nothing to do with it when the news is bad.

Y'all better wake the hell up and look at the history of the stock market, and how dizzying highs are typically followed by a crash.

As others have pointed out, the fed printing $85 billion per month in funny money is not a recovery. The banks being dangerously over-exposed in the crazy derivatives market leaves them open to a crash the magnitude of which this country has never seen before...but somehow, it'll be our fault and we have to pay the piper for their foolish speculation. The interests rates are ridiculously low, and when they have to finally rise, as you know they will, then it's all over.

We have no gold left. When Texas asked to repatriate their gold, all they got was a check for the value of it after the price of gold was smashed to the ground, because it is no longer there.

The housing market "recovery" is a JOKE. The banks own those houses. Get a clue already. Look behind the curtain and stop being mesmerized by a talking head.

Obama is but a puppet of the banking elite. I dislike him intensely because of this very fact, but there are a hundred more just like him, perfectly willing to be named capitain of the Titanic in exchange for fame and a lot of money.

I see the writing on the wall, I watch the market every day, and what I see is making me terribly nervous. But don't let that stop those of you who are desperate to believe in "recovery" and "everything's back to normal". Enjoy it while you can, because the new normal is going to be a shock and a half.
edit on 3-5-2013 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
You must work for the obama campaign in some manner, you are naive, or you just truly believe this. You need to read up on how they do these reports. The .gov just reduces the total number of "available" jobs.

Example. Today there is 10 jobs available according to .gov. 9 people are working so its a 10 percent unemployment rate.

Next week .gov says theres only 9 jobs available.

Wow you just reduced employment to zero. Its very simple. Pay no attention to these numbers and they are truly meaningless.

.gov ain't lying because people aren't hiring and they are getting rid of available "positions" in their companies due to inflation and the requirement to pay health insurance for employees.

The truth is simple. This is where we are right now.

Pay close attention to the part that says home values rising.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Too bad Harry wouldn't have realized this before pushing so hard to get it passed!

Nobody read the bill ! Now there are 27,000 more pages for someone to read!

AND the solution is to hire an Army of " Navigators " to explain it us?

The " Navigators " are a Secular Progressive Ruse.

Do i have to read all of these pages???

Do i have to read every page? Wouldn't it be easier if i just jump head first into

the Grand Canyon?

edit on 3-5-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

OMG! That's what 27,000 pages looks like? How in the hell (pardon my language) can anyone....it doesn't seem possible to be able to actually know what's in there. What would a summary of that look like? 3,000 pages? That's madness. Sheer madness to pass a law that big. Wouldn't it make more sense to pass more smaller laws? I don't know, maybe it's my ignorance of these things shining through, but that seems insane to me.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I thought the derivatives market was reformed with the Dodd bill? I probably completely misunderstood what that was, but that is what I was thinking that it was.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join