It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Great Jobs Report: Unemployment Rate Falls To 7.5%

page: 4
19
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by KawRider9
Yup, the job market is just great. Rainbows and Unicorns.

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...


The percentage of Americans that are working for themselves has never been lower in the history of the United States.


Yup, sounds just peachy to me!


Everything would look brighter if you moved out of Illinois.


Small businesses will take off when we repeal ObamaCare. It is a Train Wreck.

Most people run away from a Train Wreck. Harry Reid is!


I live in Indiana and listen to the Chicago radio stations a lot. Mostly WGN AM and WLS AM, and on both I hear callers on different talk shows saying that they're getting the heck out of Illinois as soon as possible.

Heck on WLS I've even heard ads from Chris Christie and Rick Perry inviting Illinois businesses to contact their states about moving from Ill to them.




posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


As a matter of fact, all listed areas in Arizona are well over national average for unemployment ..as you can see yourself at the above link, with the exception of Phoenix/Mesa and Tuscon. Now, that does sound dandy..but figure in the cost of living for those two areas in general and I'm not so sure it's quite so cool anymore.

By the way, Yuma Arizona is one of the key and critical produce production centers for the nation. That's not a pretty thing to see at all. Nor is the history for the area going back in and out of their produce season for the last few years.

When California cycles down, Yuma, Oxnard, Brawley, El Centro and Nogales cycle up. At least, they used to. It doesn't look quite that way anymore, I'm afraid.


* I need to clarify that a bit.. It just hit me, how weird that statement looks to someone not around produce sheds and produce trucking. California's "in-season" is the Salinas Valley and northern Central valley. Places like Salinas, Watsonville and Castroville on the coastal side and Fresno, Orange Cove, Reedley and Firebaugh in the Central valley.

Oxnard, Brawley and El Centro (and some in-between on the south end of the state) function with Yuma and Nogales for the primary centers transshipping Mexican produce into the US as well as locally grown stuff (Except Nogales... You couldn't grow more than Cactus there. It's all transshipment) ..or used to be. Those numbers make me seriously wonder at this point.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 48e18
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


The myth of hyper-inflation has been another Right wing rally call since 2009...they said it would hit later that year...then in 2010...then in 2011...etc. It is just basic fear mongering to get the right wing base against the opposition.

I never said you are a Republican, but you are definitely right wing. The tea party and libertarians are right wing as well.


So printing 85 billion dollars a month and injecting it into the economy will not result in inflation? there printing 1.020 TRILLION dollars a year to pay for debts. how does that not result into an end game of hyperinflation.

Markets are at an all time high yet there still printing? Do you think printing 1.020 trillion dollars a year will not lead to inflation?



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by KawRider9
Yup, the job market is just great. Rainbows and Unicorns.

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...


The percentage of Americans that are working for themselves has never been lower in the history of the United States.


Yup, sounds just peachy to me!


Everything would look brighter if you moved out of Illinois.


Small businesses will take off when we repeal ObamaCare. It is a Train Wreck.

Most people run away from a Train Wreck. Harry Reid is!


I live in Indiana and listen to the Chicago radio stations a lot. Mostly WGN AM and WLS AM, and on both I hear callers on different talk shows saying that they're getting the heck out of Illinois as soon as possible.

Heck on WLS I've even heard ads from Chris Christie and Rick Perry inviting Illinois businesses to contact their states about moving from Ill to them.


I can very easily see Caterpillar jumping across the border to Indiana.

Illinois = Spiral of Despair



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


Man, I love your optimism! That's how I've been feeling lately myself...things aren't great, I know, but it does seem like things are getting better. I'd rather look for some sort of bright spot in the future than look for the potential for complete collapse.

Yes, I may be naive and foolish, but it keeps me semi-sane anyways.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by BobM88

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by KawRider9
Yup, the job market is just great. Rainbows and Unicorns.

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...


The percentage of Americans that are working for themselves has never been lower in the history of the United States.


Yup, sounds just peachy to me!


Everything would look brighter if you moved out of Illinois.


Small businesses will take off when we repeal ObamaCare. It is a Train Wreck.

Most people run away from a Train Wreck. Harry Reid is!


I live in Indiana and listen to the Chicago radio stations a lot. Mostly WGN AM and WLS AM, and on both I hear callers on different talk shows saying that they're getting the heck out of Illinois as soon as possible.

Heck on WLS I've even heard ads from Chris Christie and Rick Perry inviting Illinois businesses to contact their states about moving from Ill to them.


I can very easily see Caterpillar jumping across the border to Indiana.

Illinois = Spiral of Despair


There is already a Caterpillar factory here in the city I live in which has been a sore spot for Illinois CAT employees for a long time because their plants are Union and the one here is Non-Union.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88
 


Let's just think logically for a minute here.

Millions, I say again, MILLIONS, of jobs were lost, but now that 165,000 were added, it is all made up for?

Or is this just numbers manipulation?

Considering that these numbers they always float around don't actually mean anything about actual facts, let's just take a closer look shall we?

Fact, the numbers used don't reflect actual unemployed, they reflect those on or filing unemployment.

What about those that ran out after years of not finding work? It is known to be millions, that aren't being counted in this number.

What about the pay rate of jobs added, when compared to those lost?

Most of the jobs lost paid above the poverty level, over half of those added were at or slightly above minimum wage, as they are service sector jobs, like hospitality, or restraunt jobs.

There is also no mention of the number of part time jobs replacing the full time jobs that were lost.

It is a known fact most hospitality and service sector jobs will not be employing full time staff for the most part, to avoid obama care mandates for coverage.

It is my assertion, upon reviewing these stats and facts, the news on jobs is just as grim, if not worse than every other week and month these numbers come out.

It is a ploy to make obama looh good, and make his policies seem to be having a positive effect.

So basically a pack of lies, and nothing more.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


That's what I mentioned a little earlier...I can't figure out how we've NOT seen inflation from that yet. Is it really that slow to show up in the economy?



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought
 


Not only do they not consider the folks who's benefits have run out, they also don't take into account that the seasonal construction workers are now going back to work.

Only place without significant unemployment is North Dakota, at 0.9%. The oil boom has created thousands of new jobs, with not enough folks to fill them....but when you tell jobless folk there are jobs there, they come up with some lame excuse as to why they don't wanna work.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


As a matter of fact, all listed areas in Arizona are well over national average for unemployment ..as you can see yourself at the above link, with the exception of Phoenix/Mesa and Tuscon. Now, that does sound dandy..but figure in the cost of living f for those two areas in general and I'm not so sure it's quite so cool anymore.

By the way, Yuma Arizona is one of the key and critical produce production centers for the nation. That's not a pretty thing to see at all. Nor is the history for the area going back in and out of their produce season for the last few years.

When California cycles down, Yuma, Oxnard, Brawley, El Centro and Nogales cycle up. At least, they used to. It doesn't look quite that way anymore, I'm afraid.


I think you're just being a Mr. Crankypants.


Tucson - Phoenix - Mesa - Glendale - Scottsdale are doing great.


The main reason is because we don't have the unions jumping up and down on our necks.

Right-to-Work State



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by 48e18
 


That's true, I recall hearing that Hyperinflation was coming soon and I was worried in 2009 and 2010 that it was coming, yet it never did. If the Fed printing 85 Billion a month figure is accurate, I don't understand why it hasn't happened, actually. But, hey, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth...it hasn't, and I hope to God it never does.


The scenarios that you heard about back in 09, and 10 did not account for the banks to dam up the printed money on their balance sheets. This specific type of scenario has not been played out in history before.

But make no mistake, the money will have to “unwind” someday. All those US Treasury note bought with printed money will mature and that mature money will be released onto main street. All those trillions of dollars in printed money that are on the Federal Reserve’s balance sheets will have to go somewhere sometime. This point will happen when the interest on the debt starts to exceed revenues brought in. They say that mark will be reached by 2020. If we make it that far.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88
 



GREAT JOBS REPORT: UNEMPLOYMENT RATE FALLS TO 7.5%




posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by 48e18
 


That's true, I recall hearing that Hyperinflation was coming soon and I was worried in 2009 and 2010 that it was coming, yet it never did. If the Fed printing 85 Billion a month figure is accurate, I don't understand why it hasn't happened, actually. But, hey, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth...it hasn't, and I hope to God it never does.


The scenarios that you heard about back in 09, and 10 did not account for the banks to dam up the printed money on their balance sheets. This specific type of scenario has not been played out in history before.

But make no mistake, the money will have to “unwind” someday. All those US Treasury note bought with printed money will mature and that mature money will be released onto main street. All those trillions of dollars in printed money that are on the Federal Reserve’s balance sheets will have to go somewhere sometime. This point will happen when the interest on the debt starts to exceed revenues brought in. They say that mark will be reached by 2020. If we make it that far.


Ah...so the money's "out there" but its not actually circulating...that makes sense then. So they're gambling that the nation's GDP will exceed the debt and revenue to pay off the interest will start to come in at some nebulous future date...hmmm. Sounds very shortsighted.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by 48e18
 


That's true, I recall hearing that Hyperinflation was coming soon and I was worried in 2009 and 2010 that it was coming, yet it never did. If the Fed printing 85 Billion a month figure is accurate, I don't understand why it hasn't happened, actually. But, hey, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth...it hasn't, and I hope to God it never does.


It hasn't happened because the rest of the industrialized world is using quantative easing as well. If we did this in a vaccum all by ourselves, we would be screwed. But the other powerhouse economies are doing it as well so it is a wash.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


Man, I love your optimism! That's how I've been feeling lately myself...things aren't great, I know, but it does seem like things are getting better. I'd rather look for some sort of bright spot in the future than look for the potential for complete collapse.

Yes, I may be naive and foolish, but it keeps me semi-sane anyways.


If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.

Our road in Arizona is headed towards prosperity.


No one on this planet is going to stop us!



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional
 



Service jobs boom: The strongest job growth in April came from restaurants and bars, which added 38,000 jobs; temporary services, which added 31,000 jobs; and retailers, which added 29,000 jobs.


They are adding part time, low paying jobs. It's hardly stellar.

money.cnn.com...
edit on 3-5-2013 by Covertblack because: Added link.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If this country put its bankers in jail, I have a feeling that the economy would improve considerably.
Suddenly, everyone would have a lot more confidence in the government and their ability to do things right.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


"Mr. Crankypants"? Ummm.. Yeah.. Oookay. err....

Actually, up to a couple years ago, travelling all 48 states 5-6 days a week was my business in trucking. It's all I did at the rate of 70-90 hours a week. (shhhh..... they only ever got told about 70.
Not 15 minutes more!). So I kinda know a lot of these places well enough to tell you intersection details and parking layouts all over the nation.

Hauling produce for about 7 years of that time had me in both worlds. Dry freight, where it could be anything from hazmat paint or oil to rolls of paper or Bass Pro stuff to food stuffs like frozen meat and of course...fruits and veggies. Always produce coming back east with.

(I forgot to mention apples in the Northwest...but Washington would go to war before anyone hurt their Apple crop. You don't mess with Washington's apples, even as a joke..lol).

It kinda gave me one of those ...hands on kinda jobs to see all this, before I had the time to learn the theory and specifics behind what I was on the working end of for most of my adult life and helping to make work.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by 48e18
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


The myth of hyper-inflation has been another Right wing rally call since 2009...they said it would hit later that year...then in 2010...then in 2011...etc. It is just basic fear mongering to get the right wing base against the opposition.

I never said you are a Republican, but you are definitely right wing. The tea party and libertarians are right wing as well.


So printing 85 billion dollars a month and injecting it into the economy will not result in inflation? there printing 1.020 TRILLION dollars a year to pay for debts. how does that not result into an end game of hyperinflation.

Markets are at an all time high yet there still printing? Do you think printing 1.020 trillion dollars a year will not lead to inflation?


No, it won't. Not when we are doing it in conjuction with the rest of the world.

If you are still hanging on to the right wing propaganda of hyper-inflation...you might want to notice that they stopped that rhetoric. It was meant as an attempt to fear people into voting out Obama...it didn't work. It was a politcal tactic, you and many others fell for it...but it's time to let it go.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
READ THIS, THIS IS GOOD!



The average hourly wages of $23.83 in March and $23.87 in April, and the total wages paid out in March ($111.565 billion) compared to April ($111.231 billion) amounted to a drop of $323.2 million.

Had the average weekly hours stayed flat as expected, this number should have been an increase of $323.5 million or a $646.8 million swing!

In other words, the US economy added 165,000 jobs and yet US businesses paid $323.2 million less in total wage compensation: only the second time there was a decline in the gross total monthly wages paid in 2013.

What does this mean for the bottom line?

Well, had the BLS reported flat average weekly hours worked at 34.6 as Wall Street had expected, while companies were paying out the same amount of hourly wages in April, the result would have been that instead of the BLS reporting a 165,000 increase in jobs, it would have had to report a drop of, drumroll, 618 thousand workers, or total April workers of 134,690,913: a 783 thousand negative worker swing, more than wiping out not only all the gains of April, but all prior upward monthly revisions as well.


www.zerohedge.com...

Hope and change.......and Manipulation


edit on 3-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
19
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join