It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Jobs Report: Unemployment Rate Falls To 7.5%

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

can't wait to see your response when the FED stops its QE.......you talk about the Reagan manipulation, well this "recovery" is just as manipulated.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by poet1b

So explain to me why there are still a record number of people on government assistance? Why is the Dow Jones at a record high, yet job growth doesn't mirror this? What is going to happen when the Fed stops injecting $85 billion a month into the economy? How about when the interest rate finally starts to increase and we have to actually start paying REAL interest on this massive debt we've accrued?

I'm sorry but no amount of sing-songing and various nice "factoids" will convince me that the economy is improving until I get real answers to those questions and more that I have yet to ask. You can call me a pessimist or a doom and gloomer, but in fact I'm a realist. I try to look at the big picture and make a call from there. This gets me called a pessimist quite a bit because reality is NEVER as shiny and pretty as the talking heads try to make it out to be.

Quite a few posters have pointed out the significant drop in hours worked by our workforce suggesting a massive move from full employment to part-time employment. This can be reflected by the companies creating more (part-time) jobs to make up for this drop. Also as summer is just around the corner, many seasonal workers are starting to get back to work.

By the way, for every example of a booming economy you can point out from your town, I can point one out from mine that counters it. In fact I'll give you a personal one. I recently drove past the house my parents were evicted from. It resides in a nice neighborhood and in a good economy should have no problems selling. The house is still empty and isn't even on the market. I know this because the shed door in the back yard is still wide open and empty (which wouldn't be the case if the house had someone living there).

People are buying New Homes instead.

Guaranteed that the paper work isn't all messed up.

Blame Countrywide Financial. Who owns the home in distress?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'll ask again.

Is this the 1st time you have heard of the ObamaCare ' Navigators' ?

No, for your personal information and where it matters, I'm not new to this debate or topic. I've heard the term and it's been used for far more than the Affordable Care Act of 2009, to be realistic. In fact, it's been used enough in Washington D.C. on major areas of legislation, it's come to be a subjective term to who is using it at the time. Almost a derogatory one ...depending on context.

Does that now answer your question? I'd love an answer to mine...if you wouldn't mind too much. What was your context in referencing that word in reply to what I said?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I'll ask again.

No, for your personal information and where it matters, I'm not new to this debate or topic. I've heard the term and it's been used for far more than the Affordable Care Act of 2009, to be realistic. In fact, it's been used enough in Washington D.C. on major areas of legislation, it's come to be a subjective term to who is using it at the time. Almost a derogatory one ...depending on context.

Does that now answer your question? I'd love an answer to mine...if you wouldn't mind too much. What was your context in referencing that word in reply to what I said?

You should know that Bill O'Reilly had a Secular Progressive PhD on his

Fox News Show : The Factor. Bill laughed in his face and called all of these

'Navigators' a Secular Progressive Ruse.

"If Nancy Pelosi can't explain ObamaCare, how can these Navigator clowns do it?"

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by poet1b

snip

People are buying New Homes instead.

Guaranteed that the paper work isn't all messed up.

Blame Countrywide Financial. Who owns the home in distress?

This is why I am no longer responding to you in your other thread, which I'm glad you ignored the post that I mentioned this in (like most posts end up being when they are the last post on a page), 3 short lines in response to a 4 paragraph post, one of which has been uttered by you in just about every post you've made in these two topics. Your grasp of our economic situation has shown to be rather limited. Why don't you go back to talking about lens flares like the one in your profile pic on the Aliens forums?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 48e18

Not in the world I live in. Most families I know are living simply and still can't make ends meet on two incomes IF they're working. I have many friends who have applications in so many places they could paper their house with them, and yes, they're qualified for the jobs they're applying to - and still are unable to find work. Many of those have had their unemployment run out. I've had quite a few friends have to move in with family members to concentrate incomes. But most of the families I know are blue collar workers. For them life is not as rosy as Obama likes to paint it.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is good. I wouldn't be shouting it off the rooftops if I were the Democrats, though, what with all that about counting your chickens(I'm an independent). I remain cautiously optimistic. That being said, I believe the reactions to this will be roughly split along the lines the those who are pro or anti Obama in the first place.

What I'm really concerned about is the wild real estate speculation by Wall Street, the banks, and hedge fund managers. The last time we had a housing bubble it ended up devastating not only the U.S. economy, but the global as well. I'm afraid it will lead to the cycle of boom, bust, and bailout again, and we all know how well that worked out the last time.

The Republicans should really take caution here too, lest they eventually be seen as the boy crying wolf. I don't mean to upset anybody, actually I don't care if I do, but some of the reactions not only here, but on other sites, remind me of the ultimately self-defeating conservative line during the 2012 campaign:

When the unemployment rate was above 9%-"Unemployment is above 9%!"
When it dipped below 9%-"Unemployment is above 8%!"
When it fell below 8%-"The data's being cooked!"
Be careful, guys.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I'm just telling you the truth. Blame Countrywide Financial.

They screwed up paperwork on thousands of homes from sea to shining sea.

Don't roll the dice. Just buy a New Home.

Don't pout. You're better than that.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by BobM88

I appreciate your positive attitude, but I believe the number of unemployed has dropped only because people have fallen out of the system and aren't collecting unemployment benefits anymore.
According to this, it's 13.9%
portalseven.com...

Can't believe how many people starred this stupidity. The U6 is not the official rate of unemployment, which is the rate you're using. Regardless of what the U6 is, and whether it is more or less accurate, we should be looking at the U3 because it is the scale with which we have always measured our national rate of unemployment.

From your own link...

portalseven.com...

U3 : Official unemployment rate per ILO definition.

U3: This is the official unemployment rate, which is the proportion of the civilian labor force that is unemployed but actively seeking employment.

U4 : U3 + "discouraged workers", or those who have stopped looking for work because current economic conditions make them believe that no work is available for them.

U5 : U4 + other "marginally attached workers", or "loosely attached workers", or those who "would like" and are able to work, but have not looked for work recently.

U6 : U5 + Part time workers who want to work full time, but cannot due to economic reasons.

Here are the graphs for U3, the official rate of unemployment. Things haven't been great through the Obama administration... Perhaps not even good... but they do appear to be getting a little better towards the end.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spooky24
The Fed is entirely to blame for ballooning the market by continually printing 85 billion fresh dollars each month with out any real exit plan-once they stop bubble burst-market collapses.

Just like Enron-anything-replete ANYTHING to make the numbers.

bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was not cuts when it comes to the fed feeding the markets, anything else is fear game when it comes government, those 85 billions are now higher as the Markets can not be allowed to collapse again, so the numbers also look so darn good, is all manufactured, sugar coated and digitalized for the enjoyment of the unsuspected investors

After all you can not let the population know how their hard earned dollars are none existant for the retirement funds and pensions if it wasn't for those billions a month that they get from the fed.

Thanks for the tip.

edit on 4-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I'll ask again.

You should know that Bill O'Reilly had a Secular Progressive PhD on his

Fox News Show : The Factor. Bill laughed in his face and called all of these

'Navigators' a Secular Progressive Ruse.

"If Nancy Pelosi can't explain ObamaCare, how can these Navigator clowns do it?"

In other words, no..You're not going to answer what 'Navigators" have anything to do with what I posted in regard to your own points on this thread.

Glad we have that cleared up and I suppose my time wasted in trying to debate you on issues today is about done. I can only take so much of putting real time and effort into a detailed reply ...for snarky one liner come backs and distraction from original points made, before even I throw my hands up.

Good day...until the next thread. Give recent history, I'm sure you'll have another here soon.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well, at least we now know that the LAST thing you want to talk about are bogus

Secular Progressive Jobs like.............' Navigators'.

Ignore the ' Navigators ' at all costs.

The real Job Creators are small business.

They will take off when ObamaCare is repealed.

Have you heard the latest? Harry Reid calls ObamaCare a " Train Wreck!"

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It would not, because when congress passed the bill on the economy recovery tax payers will be for ever slaves to the big to fail every time that the big to fail have "constipation".

The Quatitive easing is to become this year "infinitive".

The Fed's $16 Trillion Bailouts Under-Reported

www.forbes.com...

If that doesn't make you mad this will,

Unelected, Unaccountable, Unrepentant: The Federal Reserve Is Using Your Money To Bail Out European Commercial Banks Once Again

theeconomiccollapseblog.com... l-banks-once-again

Why because US economy and the EU economy are one and the same

QE4? The Big Wall Street Banks Are Already Complaining That QE3 Is Not Enough

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Small businesses are becoming a thing of the past under the US failing economic recovery.

They Are Murdering Small Business: The Percentage Of Self-Employed Americans Is At A Record Low

The percentage of Americans that are working for themselves has never been lower in the history of the United States. Once upon a time, the United States was a paradise for entrepreneurs and small businesses, but now the control freak bureaucrats that dominate our society have created a system that absolutely eviscerates them. This is very unfortunate, because by murdering small business, the bureaucrats are destroying the primary engine of job growth in this country. One of the big reasons why there are not enough jobs in America today is because small business creation is way down.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Quantitative Easing aka Monetizing The Debt is not all bad.

The Federal Reserve owns a large part of the National Debt.

We learned that trick from Great Britain.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thank you for this information. One should not look at the information whether good or bad at face value. One must always dig a little deeper to find the real story. This is called Denying Ignorance which apparently is rather lacking in this thread.

The fact that they are already talking about QE4 is just downright scary. When is their greed ever satiated? When can we turn off the spicket? Why does the American public just go right along with this nonsense? How can they not see how depressing out debt levels are becoming. I wish the American public would wake up and realize that the Federal Reserve is anything BUT Federal. It is a for-profit bank and they are going to turn a profit on this debt. The people who will suffer will be the very people letting this QE nonsense continue unabated.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Small businesses are becoming a thing of the past under the US failing economic recovery.

They Are Murdering Small Business: The Percentage Of Self-Employed Americans Is At A Record Low

The percentage of Americans that are working for themselves has never been lower in the history of the United States. Once upon a time, the United States was a paradise for entrepreneurs and small businesses, but now the control freak bureaucrats that dominate our society have created a system that absolutely eviscerates them. This is very unfortunate, because by murdering small business, the bureaucrats are destroying the primary engine of job growth in this country. One of the big reasons why there are not enough jobs in America today is because small business creation is way down.

A lot of small business are moving.

They are moving from Blue States to Red States.

Arizona & Texas are doing just fine.

They will do even better when ObamaCare is repealed.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

And we can see how peachy they are doing, thanks to US bailing then out too.

My dear following the economy and knowing the truth about failed policies, corruption and fake recovery is my business.

edit on 4-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Being that the population is at an all time high, we are coming out of the great recession, it would be no surprise that record numbers are on government assistance, a large percentage of them illegals brought in under Reagan, Bush, and Bush to destroy the labor market. Do you have legitimate links to prove this?

The has never been a connection between the stock market and economic prosperity, which is why policies that benefit the stock market do nothing for working people, which is why you should stop supporting politicians who preach the free market nonsense.

As far as debt is concerned, that can be eliminated with a keystroke. The only thing that debt props up is the stock market, which has no connection to main street. I say we stick it to the fed res, create our own currency separate from the world currency, and let the fed survive on their own.

While economic recovery hasn't happened yet, everywhere at once, it is building around the country.

Here is the big kicker, market systems do not succeed without consumers. The world economy needs the US consumer. Eliminating the middle class is cutting their own throat. The US work force is the most productive in the world, and if you are paying attention, you will notice how the quality of products from China is getting worse. The ICBs have ran out of good quality cheap third world labor.

And corporations are coming back to the US. They don't own anything in China anyway.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

And we can see how peachy they are doing, thanks to US bailing the out too.

My dear following the economy and knowing the truth about failed policies, corruption and fake recovery is my business.

A good example of a fake recovery would be Solyndra.

Solyndra burned through all of its cash in 1 year and then fired all of the people they hired.

Capitalists do a much better job creating real companies and real jobs.

A Good Example: Facebook

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join