It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military already using invisibility cloak on soldiers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I don't know if its just bit rate with the camera being used or if there really is a cloaking devices the US military is using. In my opinion... I would say yes they are using cloaking technology. Only because before he is shown, some other people are shown running and the camera captured that.

Lets see what you guys have to say about this.

Please keep this thread on an intelligent basis. No trolling please.

Mods please move this to correct forum.

edit on 3-5-2013 by Enemyc0mbatant because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2013 by Enemyc0mbatant because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...
edit on Sat May 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed embed

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The video is not there.....

I do remember a few years ago seeing a video from "Iraq" of a cloked tank though. I don't remember the outcome of that video but maybe its related??

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Video:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

And with that being said, this video is years old, and has been posted numerous times:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Search = friendly.

edit on 3-5-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well the thing I am unsure about is the fact the Americans shot more men on there own side in WW2 & Iraq & Afganistan than the enemy, and those British troops & USA troops were visable, heaven help us if we can't see troops, an enemy trooper will be the only one's who survive.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

edit on 3-5-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: nevermind

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'll share this... A man I teamed with for my 2nd seat on a produce truck in the latter part of the 90's had served special forces and got into some real interesting things and places. (I saw him, specifically, on a TV broadcast..accompanying a rather famous prisoner off a cargo plane in Miami after he told my skeptical self which event to go back and look at again).

He described a training evolution he had at Ft Bragg where, compared to some on that base, even he was a lowly grunt. He's been out on a guard position from the main group when he and his partner saw two people come across their field of vision with the enhanced scopes they were using out there at the time. When they lowered the scopes, nothing was there. Empty field. Regular optics also revealed nothing. Empty. Return to their enhanced gear? Two guys out there, big as life and plain as day.

This would have been the earlier half of the 90's ...and after confirming that really was him in the news broadcast with my own Mark I eyeballs? I have no reason to doubt what he said. So...to your Title/Op? I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the answer is yes, and has been for a long time. I just believe it's SO restricted a technology for security, only a handful of units even know it exists ...let alone, actually use it.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I know years ago in popular mechanics I believe, they had a military tech article talking about active camouflage. The article speculated that the tech existed and was being used, even back then.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

That may be something kinda like what he saw... Who knows, right? He had some educated guesses based on what he was using to see them with ..but we are in a shooting war at least one time over at the moment with another one possibly starting. I'm not going to speculate or say much more than I have on that. No need giving anyone funny ideas PopSci or PopMech wouldn't already have said, eh?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yeah, but the " invisibility cloak" is Canadian, not Merikan.

I know, Canaduh and Merika are pretty chummy and all, but still.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I like the video that shows the tank and the soldier but we don't know if it was some glitch in the camera, editing or something else because we are not sure where the video came from...it is very interesting

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I saw a documentary on Nano technology the other day and the doctor who was in the lab creating nano strings openly said he has created suits for "Secret Somebody's that he can't name" that act exactly like Gecko hands... He gave a demonstration of how the gloves for the suit act like gecko paws and use friction to stick to any surface. The nano ridges are so small that when rubbed the wrong way it's like hundreds of billions of needles that create enough friction to hold a grown man on any wall with just one gloved hand. It was like a spider man suit I swear..

Here is an old article describing how it works.... But the actual documentary was new and already had the gloves made
www.nanowerk.com...=8486.php
edit on 4-5-2013 by NewsWorthy because: Found a quick link

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I have a nice cloak, Well its more of a cape actually.I dont think its an invisible one though.Because people point at me when im wearing it.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Enemyc0mbatant

Camera image artifact would explain it better than an invisibility cloak, I would have been more inclined to speculate had the soldier been carrying some heavy equipment of a more elaborated outfit that would cover his face (that is visible at times). My best guess is that the speed of the movement, color and image quality contributed for only when the contrast increased in front of the tank did the algorithm noticed the change in the image...

Visible spectrum invisibility will take yet a lot of time to come about, one thing that is already possible is dynamic and active camouflage (like squids and octopus) and I haven't yet seen that implemented...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well, if this were to werk it would be a durn sight better then the old fashioed method the SAS was using in Iraq
to wit:
dressing your men up as Iraqis when they set IEDs

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
I saw a documentary on Nano technology the other day and the doctor who was in the lab creating nano strings openly said he has created suits for "Secret Somebody's that he can't name" that act exactly like Gecko hands... He gave a demonstration of how the gloves for the suit act like gecko paws and use friction to stick to any surface. The nano ridges are so small that when rubbed the wrong way it's like hundreds of billions of needles that create enough friction to hold a grown man on any wall with just one gloved hand. It was like a spider man suit I swear..

Here is an old article describing how it works.... But the actual documentary was new and already had the gloves made
www.nanowerk.com...=8486.php
edit on 4-5-2013 by NewsWorthy because: Found a quick link

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Make a suit out of this, it'd be amazing. Couple it with the diffractive camouflage suit, I'd say it would be a scary scary combination.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I have found a cite that might shed some light on this particular piece of evidence regarding "invisible troops". I have to warn you, this might seem like something out of Predator...
www.hyperstealth.com/Quantum-Stealth/
It truly is frightening, but, then again, it could be merely rumor.... Be sure to do some observing before you believe me, for sometimes, I am not always...accurate.
edit on 6-5-2013 by SHolmes because: Extra characters not needed.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

If you had invisible special forces under you're belt you'd be pretty confident about winning most wars. Makes your mind wander to where they've probably been used. Also makes you think about the weaponry the Americans have/will supply their allies, always a step behind?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Regular woodland three tone camoflague can do some remarkable things. I've seen people hide in plain sight with little more than a ghillie suit. The newer digital camoflague is older than one might think and I've been fooled by my eye before. Not to mention the chemicals that they treat ACUs with. IDK about the video, but ya'll may wanna check this out if your interested in this topic.

Urban Drone Camo

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hey all, new to the site, but I just had to comment on this one. Because cloaking tech is actually pretty old news.

www.howstuffworks.com... for example.

Also even more recently, which was in the news just last month we have a slightly less impressive one than the carbon nanotube cloak.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The second one wouldn't be terribly difficult to deploy in the field if you know which direction your enemy combatants will be viewing you from.

So cloaking tech, not new news. This video? Iffy, but it is somewhat similar to the above cloaking 'screen'. Seems legit.

new topics

top topics

join