It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Man Could Fly!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by PhoenixOD

i do have to disagree with you some on that. you don't have to have a airfoil surface to glide.
that is proven in paper airplanes and just your plain basic balsa wood airplanes. some can glide quite a far distance.

there are many people that make these as a hobby. and flight patterns can and are change by adding weight or taking the away.

Yes im sure there are designs that dont need that wing shape but we are not talking about those.

The fact is in the video they claimed that the original design was good enough to fly ..but they had to add a bunch of modern advances in science to make that happen. So what they were claiming just was not true.

edit on 3-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I don't know...but I like what you put together and the way you have utilised your imagination in doing so. Certainly there is a preoccupation with elevated views, and indeed, with the bird's eye views in some parts of the ancient world. I think that perhaps we would have greater awareness had they achieved the technology to fly, but isolated instances, such as you describe, with a blanket catching the wind...proto-parachuting...perhaps. And why not, I suppose.

Nice thoughts to ponder anyway. Thanks.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
This one is one of my favourites. It is difficult to not see a helicopter, tank, or aircraft.

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
The bottom image isn't "fake" but it's also not a helicopter, and shouldn't have been included in this thread. That bottom image has absolutely nothing to do with flying, flying machines, or anything of the sort and thus has no bearing whatsoever on the topic. The only reason I can see to use that particular image with this subject matter is to deceive or mislead.

Post by BoneZ makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

Not only that, he accuses the OP of trying to deceive.

Because BoneZ gave NO evidence to backup what he said, I am FAR more suspicious of anything he has to say than I am the OP.

The thing that puzzles me the most, is WHY are people actually starring that post?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by indicaindigo

I agree 100% with your thought process, go to my profile an check out my thread on "Theory on paper bound books." Applies to the idea that most of mankind loses artifacts but the super rich, and because of so called modern tech we lose the "originals" and just become myths and stories passed on.

Star for you!
edit on 3-5-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: Spelling

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Because that image has been debunked so many time that this image has come to be used as a demonstration of how this palimpset can be misleading and how it IS used to mislead people.

A limestone carving was made and then plaster was applied over (think of it as the ancient Egyptian equivalent of white out) and a new message put up, add in age, erosion and damage and you get what you see.

The two sets of hieroglyphs

Image of the palimpset insitu

One thing you might consider is why would the AE be writing in their language suddenly stop draw some 'pictures' that resemble their writing, then continue on with their writing?

Anyway, t'aint nothing

If interested this same image comes up 10-20 times in any search on ATS along with its debunking

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This topic (and these images) have been discussed many, many times before.

Please add to the discussion in one of our existing threads rather than starting a new thread:
ATS Ancient Civ "things frequently discussed here"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join