It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama okay with morning-after pill sales at age 15?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Wow I had to stop reading the thread and reply to this post. This isn't a racial thing. Young girls of every race have sex as early as 12, holy cow... it's something that tends to go hand in hand with poverty.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
PS, it only took me two days to find all his hubcaps, as they were spread all over the county.
And I almost forgot, I was 15.

Be secure in the fact that, under Obama, those hubcaps would have been federally mandated to make themselves available to you ON DEMAND! No more searching the brushline for them for future 15 year olds...

That said, I'm beginning to think that maybe 15 year olds don't make the most informed decisions and I'm confused in how most of the nation's laws seem to agree with me on that. That can't be, though, because something like the morning after pill seems to be a much, much bigger decision with far more impact than a decision about smoking a Marlboro does.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

And we both did survive those decisions! There was always a consequence too. Sometimes it was having to spend a helluva lot of time covering my own tracks. for instance the story about the my Dads Impala is completely true.
My friend and I spent all of the following Sunday looking for my dads Hubcaps. I found two in a Cornfield on one side of the county, where I spun out on a curve and into the field. Then the other two on some backroads, where I knew I took the curves way to fast. but we really did find them!.

Did I mention that we did this at 15, and after drinking lots of Beers? You go to the liquor store, see who's hanging out, outside. Find the old dude with the paper bag with a Quart of Miller inside. Pay him 5 bucks to go get the beer, and 5 bucks when he brings it to the car.
Stupid really, someone could have gotten hurt or killed. We were lucky, we were lucky a lot of times.

I do recall , that as a teen I lived in the "present tense" pretty much all the time. I doubt that attitude is any different now.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Umm.. Hello? Mr. President? The girl won't be able to have a cigarette for 3 years or a beer for another 6 ...but she can take a pill, over the counter, which causes a major process in the human body to be short circuited through biologic impact? What is wrong with this picture?

First of all....there are tons of 15 years olds already drinking and smoking.

Secondly, you think it is a good idea for children under the age of 18 to have kids? Don't you think there are already enough people in this world that are suffering from poor parenting or not enough money to support them?

I say who gives a #. None of these issues concern me. If a 15 year old girl gets knocked up I think it should be MANDATORY to abort the process. No child should be brought into this world by a 15 year old snot nosed brat.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
These aren't abortion pills.
And if you know the science behind it.....then you'd know you have to take it within 48-72 hours after the act, or it's not effective.

Why should a female aged 16 have to wait to see a doctor, which could take longer than 72 hours, for something that has been determined safe for use at that age?

Do you guys want more teenage pregnancies?

Notice how these people arguing against young girls having access to Plan B claim that "she" should have kept her legs closed? What these people really want to see is the punishment of these "slutty" girls who are having sex! She needs to be taught a lesson and bear the consequences.

They call it "taking responsibility" but there is no mention of date rape, peer pressure, etc. in their argument as being a reason why Plan B might be important to a 15 year old girl. Nope, they assume that a girl needing Plan B is just loose and hungry.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
So the difference between tobacco, alcohol and the MAP is:

1. Tobacco and Alcohol can be physically addictive
2. Smoking tobacco lead to addiction which can lead to very ill health
3. Alcohol can lead to addiction which can impair judgement which can lead to hurting others or yourself.

What can the MAP do?

1. Prevent pregnancy
2. Disrupt the life of a person including: Education and work.
3. It may encourage promiscuity.
4. Short-term side effects can include nausea, cramps, digestive problems which can last up to two days.

Final:

People will always have and want to have sex the moment they become sexually mature. Yes the primary purpose of sex is to procreate, but we are not just a lower order of animal on this planet, we have sex to have fun and that won't change, and I certainly hope it does not. Sex is fun, it has many benefits, and the MAP, BC and abortion should be there as backup options. Most of you people are saying the old crap argument that they should have kept their legs closed, blah blah blah. The typical argument from someone that has had minimal, if no sex at all. We need to get rid of some of these old religiously-ingrained archaic moral standings and leave the ones that should truly be kept in high order: Murder, stealing and causing harm to other people.

I bet some of you will start telling me that abortion is murder. Lol.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Hi windword, nice to see you on the forum. Your words, as usual, are spot on.

CJ

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
SO
15 year olds (who think they know everything, I remember that age) are responsible enough to make the decision to put a medicine in their bodies without their parents knowing about it or their parents’ permission.
But under Obamacare because of their lack of experience & maturity are not capable of getting off their parents health insurance until age 26???
Dumb, this is so dumb!!!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well abstinence isn't going to happen is it?

So there are two choices....

1. More babies and more abortions
2. The morning after pill

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekingDepth

Do you think that all 15 year old girl's parents have health insurance? Heaven forbid that their parents are employed by Hobby Lobby or Papa John's!

reply to post by ColoradoJens

Thanks! Back at ya!

edit on 3-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

I always figured our laws were a little bit backwards in Canada lol. You have to wait until 19 to buy alcohol or a pack of cigarettes (18 in Quebec and Alberta), and 18 to buy a gun, but the age of consent is 16

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Letting them buy this pill is a lot cheaper than giving them welfare and food stamps for 18 years to support unwanted children, i don`t see any problem with letting them buy these pills, it`s a win/win for everyone.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Oh the Irony!!!

Didn't we just have a thread were some people were seriously proponents of gifting "children rifles" to 5 and 6 year old children?

I would be very, very interested to know whether the same people who give their diaper-pooping 5 year toddlers "children rifles" would think it's wrong to give "morning after pills" to 15 year olds. Wouldn't that be funny...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

No absolutely not do I think all 15 year olds have health insurance. Especially in our current economy.
I was just referring to the maturity & decision making ability of 15 year olds.
I think that parents should be aware of a decision like this to deal with the physical or mental consequences that may come.
Also I think young adults when correctly guided have a better chance of making good choices in all things like sex, drugs, tobacco, alcohol. Not that they will make the better choice.
In some other countries where the drinking age is lower than it is in the US just the culture of drinking responsibly is taught at the family evening meal and they do not have the all out binge drinking as much as it seems like here. I do believe if anyone is able to fight for our country they are old enough to make the decision to drink a beer.
If an adult age 18 is working full time or say a student that is graduated from college or trade school should be hands on learning the ropes as far as getting health insurance if they can afford it and not waiting til they get to the age of 26 before really thinking about this. This seems like keeping them from maturing. Having said all this in our economy and the way we seem to be headed this all may be just wishful thinking on my part.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekingDepth

No absolutely not do I think all 15 year olds have health insurance. Especially in our current economy.
I was just referring to the maturity & decision making ability of 15 year olds.
I think that parents should be aware of a decision like this to deal with the physical or mental consequences that may come.

The consequences of what, the previous night or of taking the pill? The Plan B pill is merely a super dose of regular oral contraception, that is taken daily. Sexually active women use "The Pill." Women taken by surprise and unprepared, as most 15 year old girls are, can use the Plan B pill.

Also I think young adults when correctly guided have a better chance of making good choices in all things like sex, drugs, tobacco, alcohol. Not that they will make the better choice.
In some other countries where the drinking age is lower than it is in the US just the culture of drinking responsibly is taught at the family evening meal and they do not have the all out binge drinking as much as it seems like here. I do believe if anyone is able to fight for our country they are old enough to make the decision to drink a beer.
If an adult age 18 is working full time or say a student that is graduated from college or trade school should be hands on learning the ropes as far as getting health insurance if they can afford it and not waiting til they get to the age of 26 before really thinking about this. This seems like keeping them from maturing. Having said all this in our economy and the way we seem to be headed this all may be just wishful thinking on my part.

Most people get health insurance through their employer. Not every employed person is offered health insurance. In this economy only full time people in "good jobs" get offered medical packages. It takes time after getting a degree to get a job. It takes more time to work ones way up the ladder to a position where one is offered benefit packages.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So teenagers get to self-determine, correct?

This is not a black and white question like you are trying to portray it. It should depend on the danger to their health. So kids CAN buy and ingest over-the-counter medicines like aspirin that are deemed safe without an oversight of a doctor or a parent, and now the morning after pill. Yet they cannot drink alcohol and smoke which is potentialy much more damaging than eating OTC aspirin or morning after pill. It makes sense that way and is not hypocritical.

I do think the alcohol limit should be 18 tough, as it doesnt make sense to be able to die for your country and not have a beer. But that is another issue..

We have laws prohibiting underage sex yet we have laws allowing underage girls getting "abortion" pills over the counter?

And those laws are stupid, underage people should be legally free to have sex (if they are of similar ages to prevent abuse), which is already the case in some states.
edit on 4/5/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

This is nothing but a depopulation agenda by TPTB - The infertility rate will skyrocket with these abortion pills - so will breast cancer rates among the young female users of these pills.

ALSO, any young girl who is being prostitued out and given these pills will die extremely young, and will be rendered "unfertile".

This is a gift to pedophiles of pre-pubescent girls and young teens.

THIS is what this "legalization" is all about.

Just think of all the young girls from MEXICO who will fall victim to this bull crap.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

15 year old girls are now able to self-determine in terms of their reproductive health.

It is that bloody simple.

If they can make decisions on their health in terms of this morning after pill, then they should be able to make decisions on every aspect of their health.

Or is there another agenda based soley on the reproductive aspects?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Pedophiles will be able to buy these pills off the counter - no documentation of who is buying these pills - feed them to their victims - no problems.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Maslo

This is nothing but a depopulation agenda by TPTB - The infertility rate will skyrocket with these abortion pills - so will breast cancer rates among the young female users of these pills.

ALSO, any young girl who is being prostitued out and given these pills will die extremely young, and will be rendered "unfertile".

This is a gift to pedophiles of pre-pubescent girls and young teens.

THIS is what this "legalization" is all about.

Just think of all the young girls from MEXICO who will fall victim to this bull crap.

Oh, for the love of God -- how many times does this have to be explained?! These are not abortion pills. These are CONTRACEPTION pills. There is no fetus the morning after sex. Geez.. These pills will not work once the egg fertilization is complete.

As for your other claims -- do you have proof? If not, you are just pulling this out of your ***.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join