It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama okay with morning-after pill sales at age 15?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by beezzer

If they are old enough to get pregnant... they are old enough to make choices about reproduction.

What is so hard to understand about that?

edit on 3-5-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

Then if they are old enough to swallow, then they can drink alcohol, true?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Theres another buzzword "child endangerment"

Why don't you make a point instead of being a parrot? Get some facts and present an argument.

But do it to someone else.... talking to you two is nauseating.

"then if teens can swallow then they can drink alcohol" such stupid *^&%.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Well I could devolve to insulting people like someone, but not going to stoop to that level.

Plenty of points have been made in this thread, but doesn't fit in with the "father government, doesn't care if a 15 year old screws around".

Others do.

All I see is hypocrisy the morning after pills/birth controls pills are so 'wonderful' in one thread, then turn around, and decry GMO in another.

Meh

edit on 3-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What if a little girl was raped?

What if YOUR little girl was raped?

Would you want her to bear the child of the monster that did that to her?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Why is it illegal, wrong, expelled offense, for a 15 year old to take an asprin at school?

Yet they can take the morning after pill with impunity.

There is a separate set of standards for anything to do with reproductive measures.

This is rampant hypocrisy!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

lets see if your smart enough to answer you own question.

Please give me a few reasons why schools don't give out medication to students without prescription. Lets see how good at critical thinking you are.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Please give me a few reasons why schools don't give out medication to students without prescription. Lets see how good at critical thinking you are.

No. Please show me how this isn't hypocrisy and I may entertain answering your questions.

Until then, those of you who applaud this measure can run around and nip at your own tails trying to validate the thought process behind this.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think Obama may have gone nuts

So this over the counter drug costs a hundred bucks for a two time package. Where are the fifteen year old girls going to get the money? Maybe they will have to steal it from their parents or relatives or take up hooking to get the money.

I see this as a very bad thing myself. It is all about making the Pharma companies and their network richer.:shk: Every girl will be asking their parents for a hundred bucks, buy the pills, and resell them to get some extra bucks
So then they will still get pregnant because they don't have pills and just got some money for them last week.
edit on 3-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Whoa there now, I don't want them raising my property taxes to supply the pharma industry with money.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well one needs to ask if at 15 or 14 or 13 or 11 if they are truly ready to be a parent . I would think not . Kids experiment and do many stupid things that they regret later in life . but at that age they cannot properly care for a child , they are still children .

Accidents happen happened to me twice at 30 , however my life is a lot further along the way I am responsible and can provide . Early teen years not so much . Maybe education is lacking on the subject , but then when I was that age like many others thought we knew everything .

No this pill should be available to whom ever needs it regardless of age . Why would it be ok for a 25 year old to take the pill so she can focus on her life and career but unacceptable to for young teenage to take the pill , while throwing away her life for a mistake , an error in judgement .

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wait until you meet my 15 yro daughter one day, sheeze she's still a baby!

How about a reality check on purity? Is there a pill for that? I am growing and selling the Chaste tree, maybe one for every family?

thedailysouth.southernliving.com...

Check them out:
davesgarden.com...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This pill should be the LAST step we show them to take, and should be available only 1 or 2 per year per woman,or girl, because if you need more...you dont need a doctor, you need to see a shrink.

First, it's not about preaching abstenance, because it's gonna happen away and you can't stop it.

It should be about teaching responsability, and showing these kids that getting pregnant at 15 ruins the lives of three people.

We all know kids of 15 have sex, and some get pregnant as a result.

But who's to blame..

The kid who didn't take precautions because he didnt know..??

The kid who didn't take precautions and was too lazy to use them..??

The parents who didn't bother to teach their kids about it because "they learn all that at school"..??

Or, all the above.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
No.

Pay attention.

Alcohol is for adults because CHILDREN can't make informed decisions even though it is their own body.

Yet. . . . .

NOW DO YOU GET IT?

So do you really think children can make informed decisions to raise a child when they are still children ?

Guess it is better to keep adding to the pool of neglected children I guess .

teenagers have sex and have been since the dawn of time surly people do realize this right ?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

So do you really think children can make informed decisions to raise a child when they are still children ?

No. Of course not. That's why it is currently okay to kill the unborn baby.

Guess it is better to keep adding to the pool of neglected children I guess .

Yes please. Let's avoid responsibility for our actions for as long as possible.

teenagers have sex and have been since the dawn of time surly people do realize this right ?

And they have been drinking and smoking as well. Why allow one type of behavior to continue, yet deny other types?

Again, hypocrisy.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Let's put it this way, this is what I could get behind and be 100 percent okay with this. If when they bought them (over the counter but obviously behind it and not in the condom section) if they were under 18 they had to have a 5 min consultation with the pharmacist. That way they at least know that it isn't to be taken more than required and etc.

Either an older purchaser for teens under 18 or a short consultation and instruction by a pharmacist just so teens don't do exactly what you state and try to double up on the drug or do anything else stupid with it.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What hypocrisy? 15 year olds can purchase both aspirin and EC over the counter. They can't take either in school. You make it sound like teenager are now going to be downing fistfuls of Plan B like a pack of Skittles.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ah.. see you kind of catch yourself up there. You don't actually believe that people should be able to do what they want with their bodies then. So if someone can drink pennyroyal tea and that is their choice with their own body, but it aborts their baby then what?

You either believe they can do what they want with their bodies and that includes abortion or you don't. Obviously you don't. The reason I am pro choice is because I am a male and I have decided that I couldn't force a girl to carry a baby and give birth because I can't relate and it's their body.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

This is what I think would be an ideal solution. Maybe along with, and I know this will make me unpopular on here, a database like we have for products containing pseudoephedrine. That way we could guarantee people aren't abusing these products.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah i agree. Why don't you.
If they can get knocked up they can decide to carry out the pregnancy or not. IMO they can also choose to die for the country, not die for the country, drink, smoke, inject, snort, whatever they want. So does that mean you agree with birth control or am I the more libertarian of the two of us?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Eh.. I don't think a database is necessary. These morning after pills aren't going to be getting the girls high, and will actually probably make them sick. If there is abuse it will be in rare cases, it's not going to be every 15 year old stupidly taking them everytime they have sex. It will be rare.

I think the database on psuedoephedrine should go if it is as you say. I know they watch when people buy a lot but I don't really know what you mean by database.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join