It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama okay with morning-after pill sales at age 15?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The highest teenage pregnancy states are in those "areas" that are all about abstinence. Where birth control is not taught nor sex education, nor values. It is all about there is none of that until you are married.

Well that is just not realistic, not in this age. Kids are gonna experiment, and damnit they fall in love.

Hopefully, I'm correct in thinking this isn't OT.

Your post has been on my mind since I first read it. Kudos for being a loving, intelligent parent.

Yes, kids DO fall in Love. We still laugh about the night I got nailed for trying to buy a six-pack (too long a story for here). The excise men saw me through the window and came back. I had left the liquor store with just Marlboros, but the law is the law.
When the one guy told me to have my girlfriend drive my car home because I was going to jail, I said, "I don't think you want me to do that. She's only 15." He laughed and shook his head and said, "You really DO want to go to jail, don't you....?" Don't get me wrong, he couldn't have been nicer. We chatted all the way to the jail.

My point is, we celebrated our 40th anniversary this past January. No it wasn't always easy but nothing in Life worth having ever is. We have three grown kids and nine grand-kids. As far as I'm concerned, my life never really began 'til the night I became a Daddy (6 days before our first anniversary). Sometimes being a Father can kinda suck, but I miss bein' a Daddy.

Times change. The responsibilities of being a parent will always change with them. Nowadays the birds and the bees are only part of it. There's stuff out there now that they hadn't even named yet when we were younger!

Anyway, just wanted to say how much I appreciated what you've had to say in this thread and how much I respect your outlook on being a parent.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join