It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perpetual motion machine ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Here is a video of a very beautiful Perpetual motion machine built by norwegian artist Reidar Finsrud .
This machine ran for three days with only a tiny fraction of a second loss of speed .

vr-zone.com...
edit on 3-5-2013 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Perpetual motion machine

ran for three days with only a tiny fraction of a second loss of speed

The definition of "perpetual" must have changed since I last looked at it.

Nice machine, but I think a lot of people can invent machines that run down slowly.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Yes I have seen it before, fascinating machine.

Give it a short while and the detractors will be here to tell you it is all impossible.

Won't be long, they seem to hate the thought of perpetual motion.

S&F

P

ETA Crap, one of them beat me to it.

edit on 3/5/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Give it a short while and the detractors will be here to tell you it is all impossible.

A quick google search shows the inventor himself says its impossible.

Over at overunity.org there's a bunch of experimenters searching for ways to make true perpetual or even overunity machines.

And I quote from a posting there...

I recently visited Finsrud at his art gallery in Norway, and talked for many hours about his machine. Finsrud told me very clearly in Norwegian (I also happen to speak Norwegian):

"the machine will not run more than 14 days, and right now without tuning it will not run more than 2 days. The machine is not made for perpetual motion, but is simple an experiment in Physics."

I am not sure why people are twisting the facts and making this into a perpetual motion, or over-unity machine - when the inventor himself says it is not.

I saw the machine running with my own eyes, and the speed of the ball slows down - just as Mr. Finsrud pointed out, while I was there.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Noted , and added a `?` to the thread title.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
And another posting...

I just recently read in the NET-Journal an older article, where Albert Hauser interviewed Mr Finsrud.

It is a very open interview, where Finsrud explains how the machine does work, also with a labeled drawing of the mechanics.

Also there he indicated that the machine will run for about 14 days, at most 3 weeks.

He also states, why he did this machine, and why he called it "Perpetuum Mobile". He did this, to get some free public media attention...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
While its certainly not perpetual, it is very efficient and beautiful to watch.

I think he could improve it by sucking the air out of the glass case to produce a vacuum, thereby eliminating air resistance. It looks like has done very well reducing surface resistance of moving parts and heat losses.

Theoretically he could converge on 100% but realistically never hit it, so it may be possible to get 99.999% efficiency and have it run for lifetimes - by our observation that may seem 'perpetual'.

>100% efficiency is a pipe-dream, the energy has gotta be coming from somewhere. Over-unity observations usually involve a badly chosen system boundary or incorrect calculations. Who knows, maybe one day a newly discovered energy will produce the appearance of overunity in devices, but only because we haven't factored that energy into the balance equations.

new topics

top topics

join