It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Neighbor Nightmare

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Same here. We had all older or mellow middle aged folks for many years. 4 houses in a row, including ours all moved here back in 1958. The original owners all passed away and one of their middle aged kids took over. I knew these people my whole life. Quiet and respectful. Then the people in one house moved out of Sate, the lady next door had a fire and sold the house, another neighbor could no longer afford to stay etc.

Besides the lady with the 3 kids and her boyfriend, a woman and her husband and 2 kids just moved into the first floor apartment. 5 noisy kids in one house. Oh my! So far, the newer lady has been out today with her kids and they are not screamers or real noisy...yet. LOL

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
My neighbors across the street are redneck partiers. Cousins, uncles, aunts, siblings, nieces, nephews, etc every weekend. Pickups & souped up Civic's up & down the street, gawd awful country music blasting from their front yard, bass thumping from their backyard. Whooping & hollering until 3am. The "good neighbors" & I fixed it as best we could. After one of their "ho downs" the rest of us got up at 6am the next day (a Saturday) & started mowing. If there was another party that night then at 6am on Sunday morning weed whackers & leaf blowers started up. As long as they were quiet, we were quiet. Of course there were a few calls to the Sheriff's dept. (from us) regarding noise but they've slowly caught on. It just takes one or two reminders each spring as the weather starts to warm up.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Start calling the owner of the building. Night or day, whatever time it is, Call. Let he/she hear all the noise, take pics or video of all the crap going on. Get your neighbors in on it. Have them calling and complaining at all hours, whenever they are disturbed. OR..... When you know they are asleep, crank up the stereo, set the speakers where they will direct the sound right at them. Make sure you make as much noise as humanly possible when they are trying to rest. I've done this and it works. Paybacks are a bitch.

edit on 3-5-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thought this might be my upstairs neighbor posting about me. hehe, I kid...sort of.

I'd recommend listening to music, or just ignoring them.

You know, I gotta admit. If he's playing with a RC car, who are you to say it's too loud. I feel like if things like that are bothering you, you're just being kind of crabby. Don't let the little things get to you.

When I semi-lived with my ex, she used to bitch and moan about the neighbors, and they never really bothered me. I feel like it's highly possible you're just bitching. (And I'm sure you'll just love that term
)

My point is, it's only obnoxious if you let it be.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
My neighbors across the street are redneck partiers. Cousins, uncles, aunts, siblings, nieces, nephews, etc every weekend. Pickups & souped up Civic's up & down the street, gawd awful country music blasting from their front yard, bass thumping from their backyard. Whooping & hollering until 3am. The "good neighbors" & I fixed it as best we could. After one of their "ho downs" the rest of us got up at 6am the next day (a Saturday) & started mowing. If there was another party that night then at 6am on Sunday morning weed whackers & leaf blowers started up. As long as they were quiet, we were quiet. Of course there were a few calls to the Sheriff's dept. (from us) regarding noise but they've slowly caught on. It just takes one or two reminders each spring as the weather starts to warm up.

Good for you and the good neighbors! Yay!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

No one should have to move away from their own home because of disrespectful people.

I agree, but this is the only realistic option you've got - and I speak from long-suffering experience.

If you start to complain, you will open up the gates of hell (threats, abuse, property damage, etc.)

I've lived in rented accommodation for nearly 30 years and I can count on one hand the number of places that were quiet.

That's just the way it is unless you manage to find somewhere with no close neighbours so you can't hear them, and vice versa.

There is one other option - get a good landlord.

Find out from him/her if the place you are considering is quiet or not, and make it plain that you would be a thorn in their side if you encounter noisy neighbours.

Their answer will be illuminating, ie if it's not a quiet apartment complex your landlord will drop subtle hints....but if it is quiet, he will assure you that this is the case.

That's what I did; I had to move out of my last flat (apartment) because a gang of unemployed teenagers moved into the flat above mine and gave me no peace, day or night (even though I was wearing ear plugs!).

I found a vacancy owned by a landlord (this is important - don't entertain housing agencies, because you are not dealing with one single person with overall responsibility).

It's not perfect ....a tiny, one-bedroomed flat you can't swing a cat in.

But it IS quiet.

And it's a gated community, which gives a bit more peace of mind.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

Start calling the owner of the building. Night or day, whatever time it is, Call. Let he/she hear all the noise, take pics or video of all the crap going on. Get your neighbors in on it. Have them calling and complaining at all hours, whenever they are disturbed. OR..... When you know they are asleep, crank up the stereo, set the speakers where they will direct the sound right at them. Make sure you make as much noise as humanly possible when they are trying to rest. I've done this and it works. Paybacks are a bitch.

edit on 3-5-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

It would serve them well to hear my heavy metal. LOL But...I wouldn't want to disturb the good neighbors.

I really think that complaining to the owner will only serve to piss the newbies off and make them even more miserable to live with. Remember, the owner is related to these folks. He might give 'em hell, but I don't see him throwing them out. I don't know how often they will be partying. It's mostly the screaming,whining kids that are bugging me right now. Too soon to tell yet.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I don't mind anyone on welfare who needs it, but where is she getting money for all these things?

Selling drugs or herself perhaps?

Perhaps her child support combined with the welfare is enough to live like that. There are women out there that intentionally get themselves pregnant. It's called the "golden uterus" or something.

Guys -- be careful around these women. If you suspect a woman you are sleeping with might be one, carry a tiny bottle of Tobasco and put a few drops in the condom before you tie if off and throw it away. I'm not joking. It's sick, but it happens.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Thought this might be my upstairs neighbor posting about me. hehe, I kid...sort of.

I'd recommend listening to music, or just ignoring them.

You know, I gotta admit. If he's playing with a RC car, who are you to say it's too loud. I feel like if things like that are bothering you, you're just being kind of crabby. Don't let the little things get to you.

When I semi-lived with my ex, she used to bitch and moan about the neighbors, and they never really bothered me. I feel like it's highly possible you're just bitching. (And I'm sure you'll just love that term
)

My point is, it's only obnoxious if you let it be.

It is NOT just a normal remote control toy. That guy took it all apart and re-built it so that it is extremely loud and none of the neighbors can stand it, young or old.

You have to understand something here. I am the type that can have the patience of an angel, so if I complain, believe me, there has to be a damned good reason. For over 30 years, no matter where I worked there were co-workers bitching about each other and I was the peacekeeper. It usually takes a lot to piss me off.

So, yeah, thanks for the vote of confidence.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

I can't afford to move anywhere decent.This WAS one of the better neighborhoods. My elderly mother owns this building and lives downstairs from me so I can easily look after her. She is 89 years old and lives alone but needs help with certain things. It would kill her to move anywhere and is out of the question.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

I don't mind anyone on welfare who needs it, but where is she getting money for all these things?

Selling drugs or herself perhaps?

Perhaps her child support combined with the welfare is enough to live like that. There are women out there that intentionally get themselves pregnant. It's called the "golden uterus" or something.

Guys -- be careful around these women. If you suspect a woman you are sleeping with might be one, carry a tiny bottle of Tobasco and put a few drops in the condom before you tie if off and throw it away. I'm not joking. It's sick, but it happens.

I used to know a couple of women who would keep having kids to stay on welfare. Sick!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Right now, I don't know enough about them. I will not get involved at this time.

I'd do a little dumpster diving then and find out. Dumpster diving is my bread and butter as an investigator. It's not all Hawaiian shirts, perfect hair and Ferraris... More like rubber gloves and stinky garbage - 20 minutes with a persons trash and I can tell you their life story. Most people are very poor stewards of thier own secrets.

Anyway, you can find out everything you need to from their trash. If they are on assistance of any kind they will get literature from the different State agencies with their names and likely their SSN as well. Easy to see if they are paying their bills on time etc. If they are getting a bunch of aid, free utilities, (are the dwellings section 8 eligible?) and other crap and they are displaying wealth they should not have then smoke em.

What is a CCW permit??

Concealed carry... A gun, get one.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Well, you've only got 3 options:

1 complain

2 move

3 put up with it

It's up to you.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Oh that sounds horrible! I would go nuts in that situation. I can't stand people like that.

I have one neighbor behind me who is so damn loud people can hear her on the OTHER side of the complex! I live in a condo. There are four buildings and they are all done in a way where our back porch faces the pool. This lady belongs in a trailer park or on Jerry Springer. I can hear her THRU my sliding doors!!

I remember when I had really bad morning (all day sickness more like it) sickness i had a hard time getting to sleep at night. If I moved i felt sick and had to run to the bathroom. I remember it was almost 10pm and I had finally fallen asleep then SHE started with her loud trashy mouth. I heard her THRU my door which was shut. She sits on her porch all hours of the day with her phone on speaker talking about her druggie kids and her family legal problems. I swear it's like live Jerry Springer. Well I asked her to please be quiet and what does she do?! She threatens to come over and "take care of me." I was like real smart threatening a pregnant woman. She then continues to say I am trash and have no baby daddy and no man wants me cause I'm pregnant. I was like wow who the hell does she think she is! My fiancee is overseas for one and second she just made assumptions based on what?! I called 911 and reported her for threatening me. The cop was really nice and it was a female which I liked. She went over there and told her what I don't know but she did tell me that she was breaking not only the condo's ordinance but the city noise ordinance! She told me to call 911 every time she was loud like that and she would get a fine each time! Well I guess all it took was the police knocking on her door because she is so damn quiet now it's not even funny!!

What really bothered me was that SHE KNEW she was being loud and obnoxious. Everyone in the complex complained about her yet never really did anything about it. She thought she would get away with it with me, well boy was she wrong! We pay too much damn money to deal with that. Without her this place is so darn quiet! If I wanted that kind of drama I'd go live in the trailer park down the street! (It's drama central there apparently). This woman has no respect for the other people who live here and it shows! She sits out there on her phone ALL DAY talking about NOTHING but her kids criminal/legal woes. She has one of her kids children and that baby cries all the time. She then mocks the poor baby when it cries. I have seen that kid crawling on the porch unsupervised and twice I heard a thud then the screaming of this poor baby. She is the epitome of white trash and why there is a stereo type of white trash. I kid you not. Everyone else here is old and retired, which is why I picked it! I wanted a quiet place to live. I don't like living where young people my age are, they like to party too much. I prefer quiet and I'm in bed by 9pm on most nights.

I had a few neighbors make a comment at how she has quieted down while at the pool one day. I told them I called the cops on her for threatening me and ever since she has shut up. They thanked me and said they wish they thought of that. I will not think twice about calling the cops on noise. It's called respect and I will not put up with it, not when I pay to live here as well or anywhere else for that matter. Some say calling the cops is stupid but for me it's worked every time. NOBODY wants the police called on them! They tend to shut up after that. I have had no problems with her since. She did start getting loud one day and I let it go, then the next day she did it again. I said "don't make me call the cops again." She shut up immediately and quieted down. I mean I shouldn't have to treat her like a child but if she is going to act like one then I will.

On another note. There was a lady looking at the unit below loud mouth. She asked my fiancee and I about the complex and i warned her not to buy under this lady . I was dead honest with her. I would not want to spend 80k on a condo for relaxation to live below that woman. I can only imagine how loud she is in her house! She thanked me for being honest and was quiet surprised I was. She didn't buy it!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Right now, I don't know enough about them. I will not get involved at this time.

I'd do a little dumpster diving then and find out. Dumpster diving is my bread and butter as an investigator. It's not all Hawaiian shirts, perfect hair and Ferraris... More like rubber gloves and stinky garbage - 20 minutes with a persons trash and I can tell you their life story. Most people are very poor stewards of thier own secrets.

Anyway, you can find out everything you need to from their trash. If they are on assistance of any kind they will get literature from the different State agencies with their names and likely their SSN as well. Easy to see if they are paying their bills on time etc. If they are getting a bunch of aid, free utilities, (are the dwellings section 8 eligible?) and other crap and they are displaying wealth they should not have then smoke em.

What is a CCW permit??

Concealed carry... A gun, get one.

Eeeeew, I'm not that nosey.

Me with a gun?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley

Well, you've only got 3 options:

1 complain

2 move

3 put up with it

It's up to you.

I complained in here and feel better and I will have to put up with it.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Maybe the problem is not with everyone else but is a little closer to home.

It reminds me of a great story maybe you have heard it before it is about the neighbor next door who is always wondering when are you going to cut your grass......as the grass in his yard has gone to seed it is so long.

But I am sure you will find ton of sympathy in this progressive everybody wins world.

edit on 3-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

I think there is a rather distinguishable difference between someone sitting around, wondering when their neighbor will mow their grass and the situation which Night Star is describing. I know Night Star very well and she is not a petty person. I am very similar to her (spiritual, thoughtful and enjoying the quiet) and although I learn to tolerate certain annoying sounds, I can imagine how frustrating it would be to have such persistently loud, obnoxious and disrespectful neighbors. I have known several people like them but, thankfully, I never had to live next to a bunch of them.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Oh I remember you sharing that story in another thread. That lady sounded aweful! Thank God you now have the peace you deserve. Can't wait to have our little ATS baby! When are you due?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

Always my hero! Thank you darlin'!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by mblahnikluver

Oh I remember you sharing that story in another thread. That lady sounded aweful! Thank God you now have the peace you deserve. Can't wait to have our little ATS baby! When are you due?

Yup I'm glad she is quiet now!

I'm due June 14th, almost time!! I'm ready lol
I want my mobility back.

It took me 10mins at least to put my shoes on today and then I was out of breathe. I knocked my water over twice the other day and just cried lol I left it there til I had the energy to bend down and clean it up. My fiancee comes home in a few weeks, thank goodness!! I so need his help!

Hope your situation gets better. Noisy neighbors can really ruin a peaceful day. Can you call the cops anonymously for noise? If you call that way they won't know who called. I have done that before too esp when i lived in a small complex. I had some college kids who were so darn loud their music and the bass LITERALLY knocked pics off my wall! They were evicted shortly after for their late night parties and music blasting.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join