It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Neighbor Nightmare

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

I don't mind neighbors if they are nice ones.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
I would suggest getting to know them a bit but only as "hi neighbor - how's it goin?" You don't have to get close to them or do entertaining. It's easier for people to be thoughtless if they already sense a stereotype exists. They can take on the I don't care attitude or live up to it inadvertently. I get the sense the lady on welfare already feels fairly stereotyped in this world and is probably overwhelmed (or I'm wrong and she's working the system and is also addicted and neglectful). If she's the true stereotype (I have found that most aren't but rather play the part which is fascinating in and of itself), being non judgemental and kind may bring her out of that. When just one person treats another with respect and kindness (genuine) it can make that person live up to something greater than what they presently are. With the other guy - if he's an addict I would say same thing. Hold him to a higher standard and see what happens. Find something positive about their home/yard and say "I really like what you've done with ...). I would be interested if you then begin to notice them see you pull up or walk outside and behave in a way that's more in line with what they know about you.

I said genuine above because people can sense when your trying to get to know them or be friendly so you can then pass on hints (passive/aggressive style). Not that you would do this but keep it in mind. Maybe they have been placed there for you to build up a characteristic in yourself that needs honing. I've been there and I say, use it and become the neighbor who sees the positive.

I do hope this helps. If not - find ways around it and don't let it drain you.

I can't expect someone to change who they are. From the friends I have seen and heard over there, they are all alike. I had neighbors like them many years ago elsewhere, made friends with them and was sorry I did. Never again. I already have amazing friends and family and also need time to myself. I have already complimented the lady on her garden and I say hello and keep it friendly. I don't want to get too chummy or hang out though, so I keep to myself mostly.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Not that I'm aware of. Sounds wonderful where you live.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Night Star,

Check out the pics in this link, its my house (i think that it might be your cup of tea... or glass of wine!), there is plenty of room for one more if you want to come to warm and sunny wine and cheese filled France :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I was thinking about in Feng shui they say if you cannot change the problem, then create things that will send that negative energy away from your space. Things like hanging a certain color over your front door if your door faces a direction which is a negative aspect to your inner balance.

I see the same energy being guided by the fence and Peonies. That kind of stuff may not change what is happening as far as neighbors from hell, but it can help you gain the peace and tranquility you so deserve.

Are There Feng Shui Cures To Deal with Bad Energy from Neighbors' House?

Question: Are There Feng Shui Cures To Deal with Bad Energy from Neighbors' House?

We have bad energy coming from neighbors' house, definitely bad feng shui.

Their house is unkept, they are very noisy and I am just tired of dealing with them.

Are there good feng shui cures to help protect my house from their house?

Can my house still have good feng shui even if neighbors feng shui is very bad?

fengshui.about.com...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Well to be honest....Not really...hahaha..

Yes I had horrible neighbors and there was lots of drugs and partying but there was also 10-15 young ladies betwen the ages of 18-25 and I was single. Let's just say I got along REALLY good with some neighbors and not so good with others.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
Night Star,

Check out the pics in this link, its my house (i think that it might be your cup of tea... or glass of wine!), there is plenty of room for one more if you want to come to warm and sunny wine and cheese filled France :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Oh yes, I remember seeing that thread! It's lovely!!!!!!! Though some of my ancestors came from France, I don't speak french. I'll live vicariously through you.
Beautiful place you have there!!!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Very interesting! Thank you!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

Oh, I see.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
A month ago, we get more new neighbors, right on the side of us. The woman has 3 children from 3 different fathers, is on welfare, but has money for big parties etc. They have one of those big blow up things where kids go in and jump around in, a big screened in tentlike thingy to sit outside etc. She just bought a load of flowers for the yard. I don't mind anyone on welfare who needs it, but where is she getting money for all these things?

NS - I am a private investigator, if this person really is getting State assistance and you reasonably believe that her lifestyle (the things she has and the parties etc.) is way beyond what she could reasonably afford on such assistance then you should catalog the various vehicles and dates of parties etc with photos of the improvements in the property that are expensive and report it to the Inspector General of the State. You are a taxpayer and therefore have an interest in the way those funds are spent. They are obligated to look into any allegations of fraud.

I turned in a person in the neighborhood when I lived in Maryland who bragged about getting workman’s comp, disability and unemployment at the block party. However, I noticed him playing a lot of golf and his immaculate yard wasn't landscaping itself. If he can do all that he didn't need disability. So I videotaped him moving bags of mulch and doing yard work (using a chain saw, cutting landscape timbers etc). I also logged his frequent golf outings (he was dressed in golf clothing hard to miss the clubs).

I sent it to the State AG and they did an investigation and with the video evidence convicted him of fraud. He was even claiming to have interviews on days I had him nailed for 18 holes at the same time.

Taxpayers have a right to police the public too. Just be prepared for a little blowback if it is obvious who is the one reporting it. I had to testify but not until after he had been arrested so there was no risk of retaliation.

Some other neighbors believe they are drug dealers.

Then the lot of you should turn them in...

All these organizations that give aid have investigatory arms but they can't be everywhere and need tips and leads to go on.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What about fighting fire w/ fire..... If you've asked them politely and they still persist... Won't control there kids.... Have loud parties yada yada..... See I've had annoying neighbors before.... There's a fix for everything.... Just think outside of the box..... Cruel and unusual torture is within your rights as long as you perform them with a smile on your face and your not breaking the law. Gaurenteed to work or your money back

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bugeisha
Perhaps try talking to them and establish a relationship? They may be hard to approach or obnoxious, but despite the gap in demographic you'll find them warm and friendly if you treat them in the manner you would expect to be treated.

My experience has been if you take this approach, they will generally take an advantage of your kindness, and glom on for the long haul. Then there comes the borrowing money questions, when they get comfortable with you.

Better left alone, I say.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

No way do I want them or one of their x prison buddies after me. I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Nah, I'll just be quiet and keep to myself.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

Originally posted by Bugeisha
Perhaps try talking to them and establish a relationship? They may be hard to approach or obnoxious, but despite the gap in demographic you'll find them warm and friendly if you treat them in the manner you would expect to be treated.

My experience has been if you take this approach, they will generally take an advantage of your kindness, and glom on for the long haul. Then there comes the borrowing money questions, when they get comfortable with you.

Better left alone, I say.

That is exactly what happened to me many years ago in a different place. Never again I say.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Golf66

No way do I want them or one of their x prison buddies after me. I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag.

Seriously, at least call the hotline then.

Do a little trash day research and get their names and call the Welfare/WIC/SNAP fraud hotline anonymously then. However, disclosing your name can pay off some States have reward programs....I got 1% of the cost of the estimated amount of the fraud should it have continued unreported for a year.

They will at least send an investigator out to check it out. Maybe even CPS if the parties are out of control. Even calling the law regularly should result in a check from CPS.

Also, do a protective order or a no-contact. You do have your CCW permit don't you?

If they have goon friends hire a PI - I take goon cases. I have chased off many a unwanted suitor and over possessive/jealous ex husband.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Read George Hayduke's- Screw Unto Others. There are some great non-confrontational ideas to deal with unruly neighbors. One of my favorite ideas was to send to your neighbors in the mail every week a picture of some celebrity or model from a magazine with the eye's and mouth burnt out...trust me it is real creepy to look at. Do that for a month or two..lol.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Awe Neighbors, you never know what you're gonna get. When i moved into my house over 5 years ago, the neighborhood was great. Then they started moving out one by one, and new ones moved on in, i have new neighbors surrounding me. Ughh. Now you may think by my opening that it is me and my hubby who are the problem, but no, not the case, i think it is the cost of living in my subdivision or new jobs, different circumstances were the reasons not us.

Well like i said things were fine til the new neighbors started to move in. There were older people who were here when we bought, now the crowd is much younger, there were no young kids running around.

I am not going to go into all the issues but the final new one takes the cake. A mother of 3 who yells at her kids constantly, Will, Will, Will, that kid is always in trouble. She would yell up and down the street at the kids, her dog would bark constantly.

Anyway one day about this time 2 summers ago I had finally had enough of hearing her screaming at her kids and knocked on her door. She answered and I told her that the summer had just started and did she know her voice was carrying all over the place and could she keep it down a bit, afterall summer had just started and i didn't want to go through one like the last.

The long and short of it is she told me to get off her porch, i said you are crazy and left. The next day her kid Will, around 8 yrs old was riding his bike past my garage and was circling around saying 'my crazy mom says hi'. Well I never. This kid made snide remarks off and on for over a week.

I know her hubby worked long periods out of town and coming home one evening i saw her trying to put a hockey net together for the son Will and so i asked my other neighbor who is a hockey nut if he would give her a hand and he did.

So I managed to cool down a situation that could have gotten out of hand and was 'neighborly' for that night and since then say hi in passing, but nothing more. Don't need some crazy lady telling her son to go down and hassle the neighbor, me.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

reply to post by Golf66

Seriously, at least call the hotline then.

Do a little trash day research and get their names and call the Welfare/WIC/SNAP fraud hotline anonymously then. However, disclosing your name can pay off some States have reward programs....I got 1% of the cost of the estimated amount of the fraud should it have continued unreported for a year.

They will at least send an investigator out to check it out. Maybe even CPS if the parties are out of control. Even calling the law regularly should result in a check from CPS.

Also, do a protective order or a no-contact. You do have your CCW permit don't you?

If they have goon friends hire a PI - I take goon cases. I have chased off many a unwanted suitor and over possessive/jealous ex husband.

Right now, I don't know enough about them. I will not get involved at this time.

What is a CCW permit??

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kreyvic
Read George Hayduke's- Screw Unto Others. There are some great non-confrontational ideas to deal with unruly neighbors. One of my favorite ideas was to send to your neighbors in the mail every week a picture of some celebrity or model from a magazine with the eye's and mouth burnt out...trust me it is real creepy to look at. Do that for a month or two..lol.

Good God, no.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join