It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Neighbor Nightmare

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by specialcategory

It doesnt have to be a massive cull or even a gentle attrition.

All that has to happen is property taxes have to go away.

The only reason people live on top of each other is because they need an income to simply exist.

If it werent for property taxes those who wish to live like chickens stacked on top of one another in densely populated urban areas could and those who want a shack on a couple of secluded acres hundreds of miles away from anything could for simply the one time cost of the shack.

If I have a shack I still need that income to pay the taxes every year which means I'm tethered to society.

Save lives and do away with property taxes. That's all that has to be done.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star "Anyone else have to put up with crappy neighbors???"

my neighbours. the crappy neighbour is me. i'm quiet as a mouse and never have altercations with them, but my garden is overgrown. i like it that way but it seems to irritate them. anytime the sun comes out and we get a nice warm day, they destroy the chilled vibe with immediate and incessant mowing of lawns and trimming of hedges with VERY noisy gardening tools. it goes on all day. shame we can't all pick and choose our neighbours, though if i could, i would choose none.

such is life.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialcategory

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Nothing ruins life like other people.

Move to as isolated a place as you can manage to. Preferably an area that has no prospects for development.

Here's hoping for a pandemic that wipes them all out.

You and this thread have really provoked me to admit this out loud.

EVEN THOUGH I am a fully awake ex sheeple who is highly empathic and sympathetic, I agree with the Georgia Guidestones. There must be a way though, to get everyone under 200million without deliberate outright murder. (Radiation, GMOd food, chems, cancer, pandemics, etc) A nice gentle attrition somehow. Would do just fine.
And just while I'm posting this, some as***le below me, decided to play loud music.
And it was always quiet before. Unf**king real.

I never could understand why neighbors feel they have to play their music loud and bother other people. We used to have a guy not only blast elvis music, but sing along with it as well. AHHHHHHHHHHH!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks

Originally posted by Quyll
reply to post by amraks

I helped her enough by calling the cops and having that guy arrested. The last thing I wanted was to befriend someone who's boyfriend beat them up and could have easily done the same to me. I lived right below them. Common sense said to stay out of it and help from the fringes undetected.

Hopefully the girl will be smart enough now to not get mixed up with abusive guys.

hope so I guess some people you can not help they are drawn to it. its a spinning cycle of their life.

Correct! The abused woman I knew never left her husband no matter how much danger she was in. She had two very young kids at the time that had to witness this on a regular basis. Very sad.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by Night Star

Man that really sucks...this is where peoples personal freedoms come into question because although they are doing thing on their property and they do have the right to do so it is interfering with your quality of life...as prices become more affordable on houses I notice that people that normally are living in the inner city are moving out to the suburbs...and in some ways that it great but in others it's a nightmare if the people could care less around the way in which they conduct themselves...start looking for a new place because a civil conversation is not going to happen...if you sell your place try and sell to some hells angels...

I can't afford to move and my elderly mother owns the house/apartment building. She won't move and shouldn't have to after 55 years of being here.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I am so sorry to hear about this. It hits me between the eyes and caused stress just reading your OP. Please if you can, move. I know that is probably not an option or you would have already.

For me, the hit I got was existence as a whole trying to lead you from past to the present. To guide you to safety and reverence.

For now, do bamboo fences or anything you can to protect your space.

I am having heat flashes just trying to be here for you. Feels like when a hysterical crying is stuck and will not flow.

Bless you, bless the nature which is suffering with you right now.

I know you are a beautiful, benevolent being of such goodness and light.

Place salt around your property, do ritual cleansings daily. Send love and light to the 4 corners of your property, to the evil neighbors.

I sense animal abuse and neglect, this is so far beyond what I can imagine you have suffered.

Let me know if I can send you some fast growing plants as a shield for your outdoor oasis and Buddha field.

Thank you! We have a chain link fence and have lots of flowers planted. My huge double peonies are shooting up and can't wait for them to bloom.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I would suggest getting to know them a bit but only as "hi neighbor - how's it goin?" You don't have to get close to them or do entertaining. It's easier for people to be thoughtless if they already sense a stereotype exists. They can take on the I don't care attitude or live up to it inadvertently. I get the sense the lady on welfare already feels fairly stereotyped in this world and is probably overwhelmed (or I'm wrong and she's working the system and is also addicted and neglectful). If she's the true stereotype (I have found that most aren't but rather play the part which is fascinating in and of itself), being non judgemental and kind may bring her out of that. When just one person treats another with respect and kindness (genuine) it can make that person live up to something greater than what they presently are. With the other guy - if he's an addict I would say same thing. Hold him to a higher standard and see what happens. Find something positive about their home/yard and say "I really like what you've done with ...). I would be interested if you then begin to notice them see you pull up or walk outside and behave in a way that's more in line with what they know about you.

I said genuine above because people can sense when your trying to get to know them or be friendly so you can then pass on hints (passive/aggressive style). Not that you would do this but keep it in mind. Maybe they have been placed there for you to build up a characteristic in yourself that needs honing. I've been there and I say, use it and become the neighbor who sees the positive.

I do hope this helps. If not - find ways around it and don't let it drain you.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

Man that must have sucked royally living there!!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll

That reminded me of where I used to live where the landlord beat the hell out of his wife. I gave her a number to call where she could find safety for herself and two kids. She never listened. To this day, I wonder if she is even alive.

Sadly, I have had my share of lousy neighbors. I've also had to deal with abuse all my life. My mom used to get beaten up a lot by my stepdad when my sister and I were very young. She got out of it, but the emotional scars are still there. Anyone in that situation is going to have emotional scars.

You can't help them, because they are "comfortable" with that situation. They think they can't get a better man. They think they're not good enough. As much as you try to help them, they will not listen. They have to do it themselves.

When you gave the number to that lady, she probably thought about it, but decided to stay because calling them would mean that everything would change. It was untested waters and she was scared of leaving the "comfort" of her life. It's such a sad situation. I wouldn't wish that situation on anyone. Even my worst enemy.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Quyll because: addition

So very true. I am so sorry your own Mother had to suffer through that ordeal. My heart goes out to anyone in such a situation.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

Oh my God, that cracked me up! Shall we name him Fido? Thanks for the laugh!!!
Then Fido shall be his name.

Oh and if he is hungry just let him free for a couple of hours.

Will do!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
LOL on the lighter side I do have a horrible neighbor, have even done a thread about her, but wanted to add that she keeps her cows right on the line of our property as an insult to me, but you know what? I do not eat cows, ever, I do love them and send love to as many as I can think of daily. I love them. that and the wind always blows away from her electric fence towards her home not mine.

Funny!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onami
reply to post by specialcategory

Your ideas are just silly. People find cures for pandemics and cancers.

It would be far more sensible to sterilise the masses throught the water system. Cheap, easy and no one has to get murdered.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Sounds like your neighborhood is lower classy if people on welfare moved in next door. If you have money, move somewhere higher scale. Not necessarily a more expensive house, but a nicer area.....I live on a country club and my neighbors are great!

That's what gets me, this has never been a low class neighborhood. The apartment building next door was entirely renovated and they could get a lot for rent there. The guy that fixed the house up and owns it is related to these people and must be giving them cheap enough rent so welfare pays.

For over 50 years this neighborhood was a good one. Now....

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

He sounds like a trip. I feel for you!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Do you have a home owners association you can go to? My hood is nice and quiet mosly. Big yards and plenty of space between homes and back yard is nature preserve so that makes it nice. My neighbors are pretty quiet. Across the street they are both professors, on one side I have the chief of police and on the other fire fighter an his wife who is a doctor. Our HOA is good, they do not bother people about minor things but, if for example we had some kids racing loud dirt bikes up a down the street, they went to the family explained the danger and noise problems and found a wilderness are close by the could race around. I know some people have nightmare HOAs but I have had nothing but good things to say about mine.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

I know! I mean is it so hard to just respect your neighbors? Sigh...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Thanks, but as I have said before, I cannot afford to move.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Thanks for the good advice. I havn't seen any suspicious activity myself but my neice and her boyfriend on the first floor here are suspicous and keeping their eyes open.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Thanks for the good advice. I havn't seen any suspicious activity myself but my neice and her boyfriend on the first floor here are suspicous and keeping their eyes open.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

We are on our way... just don't forget to put the beers in the freezer and stock up on the Alka Seltzer for Cody as well as making a couple of bacon sandwiches for Heff
... Oh, and the carrots for Beezer of course!

I feel for you Night Star, it cannot be fun living in an environment like that and i consider myself more than lucky to live slap bang in the middle of the countryside away from the pollution and stress of towns and cities.

Have you not the possibility of having a friendly discussion with the owner of the building next door to explain the problems and see if you can both come to some kind of compromise?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 3-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase changed

edit on 3-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Extremely crap spelling mistake!

We'll have a party of our own.

Trying to talk to them will only result in their resentment and maybe even anger. Obviously if they don't discipline their children to stop screaming and they are loud themselves, that's just the way they are. I'd rather just keep the peace. Peace LOL.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join