It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robo Bees do exsist!! Watch it fly!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
www.activistpost.com...
I did a search but did not find this video in the other Robo bee threads so sorry if already covered. If redundant please delete.

Neat miniaturization but if this is all they have come up with...the Bees that survive the mass extinction now going on probably have nothing to worry about for the foreseeable future. The neatest thing about the article and video is the frequency of the wings and controlability.

However there are big plans for MAVs and where there is tech there is a military application some where down the road.

I am sure this video has been shown before @ ATS but it does tie in nicely with this thread IMO. Until there is a power source small enough to make them practical we are probably safe from Robo Bed Bug....Probably

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I am always amazed how Technology keeps changing this is incredible .

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
robovacums, robobees, robocops, robosigners, robodrones
hey, pretty soon we won't NEED people

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaytay
I am always amazed how Technology keeps changing this is incredible .

We can only hope electronic-countermeasures changes just as fast. This is far too much power for a government or agency that is out of control.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'll be mildly concerned when they can put a battery pack on it and fly in a real world environment on a breezy day.
Sans wires.

M.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
I'll be mildly concerned when they can put a battery pack on it and fly in a real world environment on a breezy day.
Sans wires.

M.

maybe a tesla coil type field thing and just let 'er go upwind
just aim for the glowing cloud of CO2

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be a better use of money to try and find out why the bees are dying and fix that problem? Because there are some things in nature that man can't replace with a machine.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Awesome and scary at the same time.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What is scary is imagine what they can do with this technology in a few years time. If they can do all of this now, then I wonder what the future holds with this sort of thing?

Since all of the natural bees will be dead soon anyways it looks like Monsanto will really control the world with their robotic bees and frankenfoods.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
There is a loooooooong way to go yet. This is just the propeller and engine so to speak. The fuel, power supply, location and orientation sensors, and navigation control is all off platform and is being supplied by the wires. Oh...and there is no payload either.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Very impressive, i would not have expected it to be so stable

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
robovacums, robobees, robocops, robosigners, robodrones
hey, pretty soon we won't NEED people

That's probably the general idea!

Where's my fly swatter

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
They already have mosquito-sized drones. Have had for about a year at least. Plus beetle-sized ones with video and audio recording too.

top topics

join