It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean special forces

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have a book written by the US general who helped create the US military group Delta and in it is a world wide look at all the worlds best military units, from the British SAS to the Russian Spetznaz.

anyway inside it is a page on the north korean special forces and the book says that they have 80000 - yes EIGHTY THOUSAND - troops in their special forces. Now they may not be as well trained as the western forces but still that will give the Bush regime something to ponder...

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
ants make up 10% of the biomass on the planet but I'm still not worried about them

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A) Ants do not have guns
B) The queen ant does not have access to nuclear weapons and ICBMs

And anyway who said anything about ANTS? WHO GIVES A $#it ABOUT ANTS???

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I wonder what will happen first, one night we switch on TV and find out that
we bomb NK
or
NK "bombed" us

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
A) Ants do not have guns
B) The queen ant does not have access to nuclear weapons and ICBMs

And anyway who said anything about ANTS? WHO GIVES A $#it ABOUT ANTS???

Yea he was reaching

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Anyway as i read further down the page with this info on it I see that also the US/SK's have found complex infiltration tunnels - some wide enough to drive jeeps through - all over (or rather under) the Parrallel

OOOOPSS!!!

definate tactical underestimation

he was reaching a bit wasn't he? thanx abstract

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Quantity really means nothing compared to quality.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
the trouble is fry north Korea is a kind of dark horse. we know they have nukes and huge numbers of troops, but we dont know the vital stuff, like training for their special forces for example

in NK, they go to painful lengths to keep everyone, including their own people in the dark as to their military, whereas in the west everytime a new plane is developed, the media goes nuts. documentaries, books etc.

so we cant really say they dont have quality until we know for sure

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't think it really matters anyway. We would never attempt a direct ground invasion without a substantial stand off pummeling first. So, no matter how well trained their special forces are, they can't dodge a cruise missile.
Yes, the nuke issue is of concern yet I don't think they would be stupid enough to even attempt a direct launch against us unless we shoot first. This is the new version of M.A.D.
We are mutually assured of the complete destruction of North Korea.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
ok but i just would like to tell u something about cruise missles

To compare with that new satellite guided weapon, JDAM or something, a tomahawk is $#iT

Cruise missle apparently miss more often than they hit!!!
now if thats the US cruise missle how bad do you think the old Soviet Sepal cruise missle is...? (he he he)

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Cruise missiles use the same technology as the JDAM.
The JDAM is just a GPS strap on guidance system to attach to older "dumb" bombs.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
so why is it that cruise missles have such a lousy strike rate compared to a JDAM?

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think Seoul being within the range of NK artillery is something greater to ponder. and cruise missiles, which are also satellite guided, missing more often than they hit? Where did you get that information?

And JDAMs are still gravity bombs - with a powered tail kit moving fins.

[Edited on 13-5-2003 by Bob88]

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
NK is not much of a threat but they do bear watching. Just thank the media (once again) for blowing something out of proportion - this stuff has been going on for years and only comes into the public eye when the media is searching for news.

With regards to their training, they have "unrealistic" views on their capabilities as well as antiquated equipment. Their training is sub-par as well. You can have all the manpower in the world, but if they don't know what to do, they're worthless.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
the info came from a former reporter Bob, but, ok ,i have to admit i didnt believe it at first

and that is a good point about the artillery by the way

link   
Cruise missiles fly (self powered) at very low altitude from great distance and the pop up at the end of the flight to come down on the target from the top. Many things can go wrong along that flight path.
JDAM is dropped from a plane at high altitude and just glides down a rather linear path. In addition to the GPS it can use inertial guidance in case of jamming. I'm not sure if the new tomahawks use that or not since it's mostly classified.
Anyway, make a long story short the easiest way to get from point A to point B is a straight line not weaving between hills and valleys.
Hope that makes sense

link   
A lousy strike rate - if the missile is off by 100 ft, it's considered off target, but it doesn't matter much when you have a blast-radius of 100yds.

Again, stuff blown out of proportion.

link   
Relax, Daystar, this information, from the number of N.K. so-called spec ops to the tunnels is not news. It'll be allright. Well, it won't be allright, the body count will be horrendous, but we will win, and the spec ops and tunnels are already in the plan.

BTW, Delta Force is the product of a man named Col. Charlie Beckwith.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I agree with BOB88 that the proximity of the Artillary is of concern (moreso than a Nuke attack). IF and thats a big IF they were to launch all at once on Seoul the casualty numbers would be staggering in very short order. So much so that we could probably just sit back and let China squash their annoying little cousin themselves. Granted we would lose MANY of our 38,000 troops on the border but the retaliation would just be horrific to say the least.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
the reporter also told me that US tomahawks have a better strike rate when dropped from a B52 than fired from a ship, so perhaps you just cleared that up for me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join