It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brand New Hovering Golf Cart - More Fun Than The Actual Sport ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I thought this little item might interest golf fans on ATS.

Personally I think it looks a thousand times more fun than the actual sport itself but then again a visit to the dentist is usually more fun than golf

Anyways, here it is, the world first Hovering Golf Cart.

What do you guys think?

Edit: fixed video link.

edit on 2-5-2013 by MisterMiyagi because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2013 by MisterMiyagi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
You had one extra character in your youtube vid number. The "Equals" sign at the beginning.
But here is the vid for you.

edit on 2-5-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

Oh, I'm sooooo...upset your video is currently unavailable.

Ok, thanks for new upload

edit on 2-5-2013 by StarsInDust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Thanks for uploading the video my friend.

I have no idea what went wrong at my end

Star for your trouble.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You're welcome!
And I would go to the golf course for this.
I would leave my balls at home!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Uh...

So it's a personal hovercraft? When I saw title I thought of an actual vehicle that was levitating like the hoverboard from Back to the Future II.

Golf is just an excuse to get away from women and drink beer and make business deals anyway!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I would go play golf just to drive one.. who cares about playing golf, I want to drive a hovercraft!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Georgian Bay can be a difficult place to get around on.
Lowering water levels and hard-to-predict freezing patterns mean a standard boat often just doesn’t cut it. For all-year access to some of the more remote areas around the bay, the best option is a vehicle that can traverse water, mud and ice quickly and safely.
www.cottagecountrynow.ca...

They are a way of life around here along with solid body "scoots" which travel on ice and water as well.
the scoots with good going can do a buck fiftey ( MPH ) without too much trouble

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Georgian Bay can be a difficult place to get around on.
Lowering water levels and hard-to-predict freezing patterns mean a standard boat often just doesn’t cut it. For all-year access to some of the more remote areas around the bay, the best option is a vehicle that can traverse water, mud and ice quickly and safely.
www.cottagecountrynow.ca...

They are a way of life around here along with solid body "scoots" which travel on ice and water as well.
the scoots with good going can do a buck fiftey ( MPH ) without too much trouble

Are you saying they can do 150 mph (one-hundred and fifty miles per hour) hovering???

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

That is AWESOME! Makes me want to take up golfing... NOT! Actually, it makes me wanna terrorize golfers with this hovercraft... FORE!!! Muhahaha!

I was one of the last few passengers who took the hovercraft from France to Britain thru the English Channel before they decommissioned it. Man was that a fun ride.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a hovercraft if they became available to the public for commuting purposes. I'd save my money for a flying car or cycle.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by guppy

I've never been on a hovercraft of any kind but they sure look and sound like a fun way to travel.

As for the flying car, we seem to have waited far too long for one of those and of course the famous flying hoverboard from BTTF but the great news is a flying hover car might be a reality, any day now

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Knowing how hovercraft glide on the surface, even water, and how rough the waters are in the English channel, you can imagine how crazy the 35 minute ride was and how many passengers got seasick. Too bad they don’t offer that ride any longer. I’d go again.

Ah, memories. Back to the Future 2's hoverboard have been a dream of many. One day. One day.
Even the flying cars of same movie sparks interest in many people. Problem is making it financially affordable and implementing controls to prevent misuse. Another problem is, like with anti-gravity vehicles, widespread use of flying cars can obsolete national borders and be considered a threat by many governments.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

The scoots are solid body like a boat, usually about 14 feet long, and usually have a 4 or 6 cylinder continental or lycoming aircraft engine
On GOOD going (ICE ) yes they do up to 150 even 165 (old fashioned racing) with a stiff tail wind, typical cruise is 45 85 mph
Not bad these scoots, considering most are home built

The hover craft are way slower but you can use them all year on ice snow and on grass, scoots being glass need ice snow or water
My neighbour who builds ( INFLATABLE ) scootswebsite is down
I really wanted everyone to see what he does - his inflatables do every surface

I'll look for some pics/vids when I have time...they really are exciting in action

ps
fands
pet topic around my neck of the woods

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
closest I have ever come to a hoover craft is in the 90's when Mattel was making RC Hoover Crafts.

They were awesome. It was my brothers but I used to sneak my turn when he wasn't home.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Reminds me of the "Vortex" Hovercraft from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It looks really cool!

new topics

top topics

join