It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg Refused Second Slice of Pizza at Local Restaurant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Turn about is fair play, right? The owner of a local pizza shop refused to serve the mayor a second slice as a protest over the soft drink ban.

Daily Currant

The owners of Collegno's Pizzeria say they refused to serve him more than one piece to protest Bloomberg's proposed soda ban,which would limit the portions of soda sold in the city.

"I'm sorry sir, there's nothing I can do," the owner repeated. "Maybe you could go to several restaurants and get one slice at each. At least that way you're walking. You know, burning calories."

(Okay, I doubt this is a true story. So mods, if you must move this to the humor section, I will understand. But it does raise an interesting social issue.)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If true, that's pretty awesome. Bloomberg is either stupid or a liar. He either thinks banning giant sodas will make all New Yorkers healthy or he just wants to control what you can and cannot put in your body down to every last molecule of food. Either way, he's a imbecile.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Satire

The daily currant is a humorous website.

From the site...

Sarah Palin called for the invasion of the Czech Republic today

in response to the recent terrorist attacks in Boston.

In an interview with Fox News, the former governor of Alaska said that

although federal investigators have yet to complete their work, the time for action is now.

Source

edit on 2/5/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Unicorns?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Upon reading the title I assumed Bloomberg banned 2nd slices of pizza, along with large sweet drinks.

Why in the world do I have to pay $1 extra for the metrocard itself, in addition to the $2.50/ride fare?

GOTHAM

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Here's another nice little tidbit

www.humanevents.com...

Wheel of Fortune is playing in front of crowds at Madison Square Garden in New York City this week. Host Pat Sajak took the opportunity to poke a little fun at America’s leading paternalist, Michael Bloomberg. Sipping from Big Gulp-sized soda — with many in the audience laughing on

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by below
Upon reading the title I assumed Bloomberg banned 2nd slices of pizza, along with large sweet drinks.

Why in the world do I have to pay $1 extra for the metrocard itself, in addition to the $2.50/ride fare?

GOTHAM

Really? Last time i went there i got several free rides on my card! They changed that?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I doubt this billionaire scum would eat a pizza joint. Most of these elites have their own food grown to avoid the poison they force the rest of us to consume.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I would have gave him the second piece. There would have been a chance he could of choked on it.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Every week there is some new idiotic display bloomberg does. He knows you know that it seems ridiculous.
He makes money this way because there is a group of people who think he's sincere. Get real, the guy eats, drinks, and does whatever he wants when he's in his compound behind guns that he doesn't want you to have.

At least Giuliani was able to control people in a more entertaining and less stupid way. That is, "do what I say and I'll protect you from the mean terrorists so I can get a security consulting job to retire on after mayor", VS., "you can't drink soda because it might make you fat.

Its all a bunch of comedy.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Although, this is a joke.... I'd avoid Monsanto products too.

top topics

join