It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Ice Cream Van going around at near dark

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
7:45 is just after standard dinner time. Now, if the van came through at around 10pm, I'd be creeped out utterly.
Have you thought about contacting the business, just for peace of mind?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

It is true that ice cream vans often make their way around in the early evening hours, after dinner. However, if you feel something isn't right, trust your instincts. Always follow your gut feeling. It wont steer you wrong.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Is this thread a joke? Most ice cream vans where I live come at that time, it's a great time because it's a time in which most kids will have had their tea (dinner) and, usually, both parents will be home. Kids are back playing out in the streets for the most part, and parents are more willing to allow their children to buy an ice cream as it's not going to fill them up and stop them eating their dinner, is it?

In fact as I write this, sure enough, I can hear the ice cream van in the background (it's 6:45pm here)

What a strange question

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Your paranoia has a point what would an Ice Cream Van be doing driving around after dinner???

Perhaps he is an ICE CREAM TERRORIST!

Possibly a creep in a Van

Or just some guy who is nostalgic and likes to give kids treats...I KNOW SCARY HUH!
edit on 3-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Where I live, a creepy ice-cream truck does circles through the parking lots within the neighbourhood in warmer weather late in the evening and plays all kinds of tunes (including silent night, a christmas song). Thing is, he doesn't seem to stop when the kids at the park go to chase him down. Can't say I have ever seen any kid actually get an ice cream from it. We live in a highly populated residential area and young children have gone missing in the past during warmer months. You are not alone in being weary about such a vehicle.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yeah. You are being paranoid. But this is ATS, you are allowed to be.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Lately there was a guy molesting kids this way. Kids who are not really cared for will surely hear it and may end up alone with the guy if it is a guy.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
When I was a kid the ice-cream van ONLY came around at night, about 7.30-8pm.

He must of figured it was best to come around when parents would be home from work (with both wallets), and kids home from school. He also would of realized its about dessert time, rather than trying to sell to kids before dinner when their parents don't want them filling up on junk.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
8:45 where I am on the East Coast and their is an ice cream truck driving around the neighborhood playing it's music.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It was one of 3 possibilities.

1. Normal Ice Cream Guy making some last-minute cash.

2. Surveillance Operation

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
He's a drug dealer. Or Herbert

edit on 4-5-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We've had one wander down our street right through the snow and ice etc we've had in UK.

Seems to only stop outside one house, and no-one is buying ice creams in icy weather, so guessing dope running or boinking someones wife

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So, I went and performed some recon. The guy looked very hippie like. I got a chocolate chip ice cream sandwich.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
So, I went and performed some recon. The guy looked very hippie like. I got a chocolate chip ice cream sandwich.

Well that's all the confirmation I need!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42

Was the guy David Lee Roth? If so, I KNEW IT!!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
He did have a very David Lee Roth vibe about him now that you mention it. How did you know? Are you the ice cream man's CIA handler? I jest. Today the ice cream man was not here, but it was hot out, and a weekend. The plot thickens.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

wow

omg !!!

I am so glad I am not the only one to be noticing strange weird stuff with ICE CREAM VANS!!!

thankyou and bless you because I feel better for reading your thread!!

CREEPY ICE CREAM VAN

I posted that one on the 25th April this year.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

oh just wondering ... what kind of music was it playing?

and I agree, there is no way I would ever have let my kids go out at that time of night to get an icecream.

weird and I don't think there is anything wrong with educating your children about 'stranger danger'....

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banquo
We actually did have a ice cream truck driver get busted for dealing out of his van in my area

That reminds me of the movie Friday.

Smokey---"Whats up big perm...errr i mean.... big worm"

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

This ice cream van has an irregular schedule. It's been good days for business, sunny and hot, but no ice cream van now. Wonder why? Unless it's deliberately trying to avoid becoming noticed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join