It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Ice Cream Van going around at near dark

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, now that you mention it, there was a kind of fat, haggard guy buying from him, but the surreality of the situation just made me kind of more suspicious. Perhaps I have been spending too much time on the conspiracy boards, but it just seemed out of place.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
thanks to you I had to go to sonic and buy an ice cream cone...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hey, man. That's the best part of the ice cream van conspiracy scene. All the ice cream. Now I wish I had bought some. You're making me feel regret. I hope you guys know that.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
Is it normal for an ice cream van to run at like, dusk? I live on a residential street, and there's just this van, rolling around, playing that song. Who sends their kids out to buy ice cream at 7:45 PM? The van has no brand markings, just a few generic "Ice Cream" signs, and a "Stops for children" sign.

Are you absolutely sure? Is it not at all possible it had a sign saying Mr Whoopee and Come & Get One?

Am I just being paranoid? Perhaps. But I don't know either way.

If it's a Mr Whoopee truck you should be concerned! Mr Whoopee is a front for drug dealing

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
While I was reading this I got a picture in my mind of the Children Snatcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. My children hate this character.

If you are worried, take a photo then if something does happen you have evidence, times and dates.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Yeah that's pretty normal where I live. All the kids parents are sure to be home from work at that time so they can give kids money.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If you get a weird vibe from the guys in the truck, then don't let anyone ridicule your instincts or impressions about it. Could be you are just being paranoid, yes. However unless you are constantly thinking everyone is out to get you or something then maybe there is a reason for your gut feeling. Better to keep an eye on him if you can or take precautions and have it be nothing than the other way around is how i look at it. I think people should be more aware of their surroundings in general i think.

Ice-cream truck drivers could sorta be like clowns to me in a way, something inherently disturbing about them both to me, that song the van plays i find sort of creepy as well, much like clowns. It's good to be in tune with your intuition in general as much as possible. Maybe, probably even it's nothing. But just in case, doesn't hurt to be cognizant of the people around you. If more people paid attention and cared about the things that went on in their neighborhoods and with their neighbours the world would probably be a much safer place imo.

My 2 cents worth.

Peace. ~

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
just had to post this

warning language

OMG!!!! Me and my lo' man was just talking about this earlier today!!! My kid LOVES Eddie Murphy. But she has seen Daddy Daycare. I would love to see her reaction to "Delrious"

I remember the first time I seen that, My stomach hurt from laughing so hard!!!

Thank you for the laugh!!!! And the memories!!!!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
Is it normal for an ice cream van to run at like, dusk? I live on a residential street, and there's just this van, rolling around, playing that song. Who sends their kids out to buy ice cream at 7:45 PM? The van has no brand markings, just a few generic "Ice Cream" signs, and a "Stops for children" sign.

Now, I don't want to sound paranoid, but it seems bizaare to me. I'd be less on guard if it were like a branded van, but this one has surprisingly few markings, except for the music coming out of it which I could not place.
I suppose I could be influenced by "Stranger Danger", but it just strikes me as something that seems out of place. I mean, gas ain't cheap these days. Could be peddling drugs, or looking for kids to snatch.

Am I just being paranoid? Perhaps. But I don't know either way.

It is strange & coincidental that you bring this up because my family & I were discussing this over the past weekend....we've had a pretty nasty "spring" -- and why this seemingly strange van cruised through our area it seemed very curious because it wasn't warm enough yet?

We were trying to figure out how the ice cream guy could afford to spend so much cash on gas -- he lingered around for an hour or more with gas prices around $4/gallon?!

Anyhow, we would have possibly bought from him but the kids showed no interest. In fact, our oldest maintained he thought he was a pedo even if we accompanied him?!

Just my experience/thoughts....but that piping music was creepy to me, and obviously to my kids too. Otherwise, they would have lept on the offer of yummy treats!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It's really strange that you mention this, as I've noticed a random ice cream van cruising around the neighborhood late in the evening (creepy song blaring) for the past couple of days. While I normally wouldn't pay any mind to it, it's extremely rare for an ice cream truck to drive through this area. It hasn't happened in quite a few years. I can't even remember the last time one drove through here in fact.

I dunno. Call me paranoid, but it just seems kinda odd. I hope to hell that the driver wears pants though, as my cousins across the street bought ice cream from it yesterday...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Was the I.C.Truck playing music?
If it was can you name the tune?
Another ATS member has thread about a strange looking
ice cream truck playing an unusual song.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I'm reading this thread and trying to think of the movie that has the old lady showing up at an out of the way gas station and orders a rare steak, then has flies all around here - tells the pregnant waitress that her baby is going to die - then bites someone and starts crawling on the cieling -

The next possessed person shows up in an ice cream truck -

Freaky movie - and I've always abhored clowns, anyway.

Around madison, wi - the ice cream truck people were always selling drugs.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I remember an incident involving an ice-cream van. Our local Ice cream lady was called Gwen, hense on her van it read "gwens Ices". Local police found the van on its side, almost submerged in our river. They found gwen unconscious inside, covered in red sauce, flakes and hundreds and thousands.
They reckon shed tried to top herself.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
In some parts of Albuquerque NM you can see "ice cream" trucks all hours of the night, usually with gold spoked rims.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh..stars..if you are truly concerned call city hall and ask if that particular truck has a peddlers permit. They will be able to tell you everything you need to know. One must have a peddlers permit to run truck....or you could call local health department. Both of these places should have permits/lic. for the vehicle..

If not go out and inquire. In our neighborhood the ice cream truck runs on Tuesdays until 9:00pm.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Hey Grifter42,

I love creepy ice cream trucks, but 99% of the time, once you corner one in a cul de sac and get inside it, they almost never have the surveillance equipment or evil wizards that I expect to find.

Kidding. In all seriousness, I have been noticing for the last 4 or 5 years that there are a few more ice cream trucks and that they seem to operate at what I would consider to be 'non-traditional' times. And they usually play Christmas music year-round.

My conclusion? The economy sucks and these ice cream peddlers hit the street at whatever time they think that they can unload the ice cream. Some are probably even speculating on finding some magical time the other ice cream pimps haven't thought of yet.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Is it bad that I read that post in Archer's voice?

reply to post by Happy1

You're thinking of the movie "Legion" released in 2010.

Maybe the ice cream van is something like the Child Catcher from Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang.

Edit: I see AriesJedi beat me to it.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
LOL this thread brought back a childhood memory.

The absolute Cadillac of ice cream trucks for us was Mr. Softy. My mom loved their ice cream. She'd send me over whenever he came through the neighborhood. I always told her I didn't like to because the dancing mermaids scared me. She thought it was just a kids imagination but one day I wasn't budging.

She finally got it out of me that the dancing mermaids were on his arm (tattoos). They were naked and hairy (gross arm hair) and he would make their hips sway and their boobies bounce.

My mom's head just about exploded. She said "well lets see if he makes them dance for me." He didn't but she saw them. I never had to put up with his crap again.

Sometimes we need to listen a little more closely to what kids say. I guess he didn't traumatize me too much, I still like ice cream/mermaids/tattoos.

edit on 5-3-2013 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

Or Bob from Bob's Burgers (same voice actor).

I just went back and read it in Archer's voice too. Holy hell I needed that this morning!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
We have an ice cream man that just started coming down our street too. Same style like you described. I made my husband go out to get ice cream and get a REALLY good look at the man...he was middle eastern, not that I mind.

It is highly possible it is a legitimate business, but there have been so many reports of ice cream men abducting children or learning where the children live.

Scary considering human trafficking is at an all time high!!!! I always say keep your guard. I am like the neighborhood watch LOL I keep my binoculars in hand and always pay attention to unfamiliar cars, especially since I live near the end of a dead end road.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join