It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Ice Cream Van going around at near dark

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Is it normal for an ice cream van to run at like, dusk? I live on a residential street, and there's just this van, rolling around, playing that song. Who sends their kids out to buy ice cream at 7:45 PM? The van has no brand markings, just a few generic "Ice Cream" signs, and a "Stops for children" sign.

Now, I don't want to sound paranoid, but it seems bizaare to me. I'd be less on guard if it were like a branded van, but this one has surprisingly few markings, except for the music coming out of it which I could not place.
I suppose I could be influenced by "Stranger Danger", but it just strikes me as something that seems out of place. I mean, gas ain't cheap these days. Could be peddling drugs, or looking for kids to snatch.

Am I just being paranoid? Perhaps. But I don't know either way.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
When I was growing up the ice cream truck would cruise through around dusk to try and get those dessert dollars.
I wouldn't worry to much about it but I think it's great you're keeping an eye out on behalf of the community.

Go out and buy and Choco-taco and give the dude an ocular pat down.
edit on 2-5-2013 by TheOnlyAnswer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

our icecream van often comes out at 7 45 in the summer. But the real issue, op, is here. Did you not know that icecream men (and their vans) are all evil. They are the spawn of satan, and they put the "mind a child" sticker on their bank window, just to thr ow us of the scent of how evil they truly are.

On a serious note, and not particularly on topic, from what ive heard they are a bit like the mafia, theres huge turf war constantly going on.
I dont think ive even written so much about iceman culture in my entire life. Oh well theres a first for everything.
lol:
I dont think you should worry about your suspicious looking icecream van.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I just reckon it might have been a front for something, is all. It could simply be paranoia, but my gut tells me otherwise. I know it sounds funny, but it gave me a weird vibe. Something just didn't feel right. The Driver looked weird.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Quick, call janet napolitano..
Tell her you saw something

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
We actually did have a ice cream truck driver get busted for dealing out of his van in my area

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by RobertF

sounds like you seen the movie Nice Dreams.
you know cheech and chong

haha

I was thinking more on the lines of "Maximum Overdrive"

Was there anyone driving op?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
just had to post this

warning language

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Sometimes I feel like I'm being trolled here on the boards. In all my years here you're the only other person who has mentioned creepy ice cream trucks late at night.

Just don't run up to it and tell them that you know what they're up to and that you're onto them. It didn't work out so well when I tried that.

"So who are you working for? I'm on to you!"

I got a very confused look and silence so I then said, "Um...what can I get for $1?"

I snatched the Popsicle and ran off to hide behind a dumpster. I didn't want him to see which house I went into.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's light out until at least 9:00 now, go get a creamsicle, or something.

Take someone with you if you think the driver is too creepy.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You can't see below the window...just hope that the guy inside is wearing pants as he hands kids ice cream...

edit on 2-5-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

It seemed like he wasn't having too good of a business, though. Siren blaring, so on. So my gut instinct told me the guy was either peddling, or snatching kids.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Are you kidding?

That's hilarious, thanks man, made my day!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
i wish they did that here.. I could go for an ice cream right about now.. FYI ice cream isn't just for kids, its for fat adults also.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
That's the really standard time to sell ice cream on a week day. That way the kids won't ruin their supper. Doing it at dusk, most people will have already had dinner and who (besides me) takes the time to make dessert anymore? (Have made 2 strawberry-rhubarb pies in the past 2 weeks. It's how I show love.)
When I was really young we had "Mr. Softee." soft-serve, full menu of sundaes, ice cream trucks.

Would buying from someone labeled "Mr Softee" make you feel safer?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
i wish they did that here.. I could go for an ice cream right about now.. FYI ice cream isn't just for kids, its for fat adults also.

oh, nom nom....
I just remembered I have Godiva's Double Chocolate Ice cream bars in the freezer.....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If it's got a dish antenna spinning on the top and it's playing 'pop goes the weasel', it's the NSA.

Go up to them and say "The Dreamsicles expired at 0111" and you'll get a classified report.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

In Huntsville, the ice cream guys had discovered that you got more mileage out of machine shops and the like, and would hit the industrial area mid-afternoon peddling to techs and machinists.

They would also hit the off-base military offices like DIA/MSIC. Funny to see a pile of NCOs fighting to get fudgesicles and push-ups.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join