It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the ancient vedic text says about aliens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

The author I quoted is not talking about beings coming from planets in the sense you have understood it, rather he is talking about the planetary lokas that is equivalent to what we would call realms or dimensions.

This may help:

decodehindumythology.blogspot.co.uk...

www.vedicworld.org...

Beings from above our lokas are what we would call supernatural, they dont need craft to move through space. They are what we would call divine beings or angels.

Since beings above our lokas do not need craft to transport then they are not responsible for the UFOs observed. The UFOs observed can only have two origins

1 they are beings belonging to our lokas but from another planet in our galaxy or another

2 they are from the lokas below us and have used technology to enter our lokas

Beings from below are demonic and are not to be trusted. Beings from our lokas are like us, some are good, some are bad and some are indifferent.

edit on 4-5-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

absolutely, but that is very different from them being used as a vehicle as is clearly implied.. if any of us possessed the skill in sanskrit and it's etymology then we could ascertain as to whether the term rockets was even used for fireworks in medieval india, let alone that it referred to a vehicle - i'd be interested to hear from a sanskrit scholar on this.
for example elements of the brihat kathd are oft referred in webpages and discussions on these subjects, without clearly defining that there is actually no surviving original source whatsoever... eg on vimanas etc (briefly wandering off-topic but it's still relevant), now one of the best sources for the brihat kathd is the kathasaritsagara which i know very well indeed, and no such references to vimanas or similar exist in scholarly translations of this.
this is why i have to at least question the nature of a translation of the bhagavad purana that refers to "rockets" - especially when i have found another translations that instead refers to "inventions of the god mara" which is very very different indeed.

reply to post by LUXUS

thanks Luxus, i'll take a look when i get some proper reading time in the next day or two

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
1st off, i understand where you're coming from and the point of what you posted. i don't disagree entirely. but for fun, let's dismantle it.

so 1000s of years ago a magnificently masterful hypocrite used technology in the form of writing implement and writing media to say that technology is the work of lower dimensional demons (obviously whoever wrote this was nowhere near enlightened). already awesome, but let's keep going.

then the subject of hostile aliens. wouldn't happen, 99% guaranteed. this isn't star trek or stargate bro. the ability to get here means exactly that they couldn't be hostile. unless they got here with combustion propellants of course. what's the only way (besides spiritually for the sake of this thread) for any beings of any type to travel pandimensionally? the only way? the only way at all in reality to travel anywhere else within a galaxy is with free energy. boom. just ripped that apart lol. free energy means 100% that it'd be a peaceful race. boom. either they're peaceful or they're dead because they had enough energy to do it. free energy means unlimited resources, free "universal" education, immortality, and truly free individuals. every single war you've ever heard about was fought by slaves, because of scarcity.

then there's the hatred of atheists, further illustrating the hypocrisies and division in this excerpt. there are no true atheists, they become fox-hole believers. there are no true believers, they become fox-hole atheists. we all become hypocrites all the time. there are no true anythings because the mind is one. no poles, opposites, colors, preferences, hopes, beliefs, thoughts, or anything, only mind. there is no mind, only mind, and all is mind. but without the proper tools everything around us divides us against each other and ourselves. in 3000 years +, this whole control institution is still upon us. the security blankets of those made weak and needing. opiate of the masses. no gods or devils, only mind. and people scared to take responsibility for themselves and their fellow humans.

look, i know life is sold as extremely scary, and sad people need gods and devils, but there's no way that aliens are them. i guess anything is possible and gods and devils could exist, i guess aliens could exist (since i haven't met any and i only ever saw one genuine ufo). but it's more than implausible that they're one and the same. on the show ancient aliens every other word is belief. "as ancient astronaut theorists believe." i'm realizing that ancient astronaut theory, while quasi-scientific and attempting to regard them as people rather than gods, is seemingly packaged as the 21st century mormonism. i have the suspicion that aliens exist, everything's too big for them not to. but all institutions lead to death. all of em.

all you technology haters out there keep in mind that the "evil" scientists who invented all this destructive technology actually didn't. things are invented for good. then the govt or another institution takes it from them and makes their death machines. nuclear? energy, but then guess who shows up classifying and r&d'ing, govt. hence the phillie experiment. the origional intent of the 1st gmo scientists was to create foods which had massive amts of nutrition. now it's weaponized cancer for lunch.

just chill out everybody. take it easy. there's so much to learn and no time to jump to conclusions. also old ways help build a foundation but are also institutions so we must stay flexible, not malleable, just flexible. our minds spring forth eternally, follow your evolution, mind has the answer, let it find it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

If the theory that the human species was planted on Earth by ET beings was correct then it would be likely that said ET beings were preserving us on this planet and shielding us from outside influences. Looking deeper into mythology and relating said mythology to ET it becomes clear that ET did have internal discrepancies between what they would do with us, even battles which decided the outcome of our fates.

If all this were to be true it wouldn't be unlikely that different species or heritages (same "species" different planets / galaxies) of ET's also had conflicts with our ET ancestors and potentially disputes between us them and whatever.

Consider all the potential human extincting catastrophes that the universe holds in its' arsenal. It's amazing that humanity has made it this far, I would even go as far to say the chances of our survival to this point would have been infinitesimally small. Think about all the millions of asteroids in our solar system, we just so happened to have a moon which soaked up craters on its' entire surface - many of these potentially humanity extincting meteors. The earth itself was so much more volatile in its' past, it just so happens that just as humanity comes along well within the 1 million year time frame the earth suddenly becomes much more docile. Put all the pieces together it looks like the ET's are protecting us.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I've never really bought into this theory, but you've explained it in an articulate way that actually makes sense. You've definitely given me something to ponder. Kudos to you~

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Like I said there was a golden age in which humans had ability's which they have now lost. Each of the chakras in your body are connected to the various planetary loka so by placing your mind in one of these chakras you can consciously observe the corresponding realm/loka. So moving through the chakras in your body your consciousness is able to move through the lokas and view other worlds/realms. The yogic masters of old wrote down what they viewed in these other worlds.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

What ancient years are we talking here? Back to Gobekli Tepe?

Found this on the net.

The manuscripts did not say definitely that interplanetary travel was ever made but did mention, of all things, a planned trip to the Moon, though it is not clear whether this trip was actually carried out. However, one of the great Indian epics,the Ramayana, does have a highly detailed story in it of a trip to the moon in a Vimana (or 'Astra') and in fact details a battle on the moon with an 'Asvin' (or Atlantean') airship. This is but a small bit of recent evidence of anti-gravity and aerospace technology used by Indians.

The only thing is that if civilization did ever travel in space before the last ice age it would be an answer for the pyramids on mars.

Not sure where this came from..

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Hi Luxus, i've taken a look at the two links you provided, and i dont really see any support for the idea that ancient indian scripture can be used to talk about aliens in any substantial sense.

the Lokas clearly refer to spiritual realms that are aids to deeper understanding of the doctrine of reincarnation and meditative practice - these "places" are distinctly non material and purely spiritual, to use the term planets and aliens is to wholly misrepresent them, as is the idea of technology for interplanetary travel being related to them - it's interesting to note that where "technology" was referenced in the translation i talked about in an earlier post, another translation instead referenced "inventions of the goddess mara"... of course an invention does not need to be a machine for example, but could be a lie for example, or a ploy... and you presumably know that Mara is the goddess of death and illusion.

IMO whether there are blogs by so called swamis etc stating that aliens are being referred to is irrelevant - there are plenty of self styled gurus who will tailor a message to attract paying westerners (Rajneesh anyone?) and as i have said before, hindu myth and story is packed with duplicitous brahmins who lie and cheat their way through life... it's almost as is their tales contain a warning, hint hint.

and that first link you posted was just kinda wow, they guy who wrote that seriously needs to lay off of the bhang lassi's....which is another interesting aspect of hinduism - the fact that the influence of "bhang" shall we say, as well as certain mushrooms that grow in cow dung that may perhaps be "soma" could lend to the far out imagery that so enthrals some readers and leads to leaps of judgement.

thanks for the interesting read, i love looking at interpretations of ancient myth and scripture, but this really isn't supported at all imo

edit on 5-5-2013 by skalla because: typo

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Every Lokas is physical to those who live there but not physical to those from other lokas.

Our lokas in made from the elements of the periodic table but there are other elements which cant exist in this lokas because there vibration is either too high or too low.

As you go down the periodic table the atomic mass of the elements becomes greater. If you can manipulate mass technologically then you can increase the mass of a substance until it becomes so massive it vanishes from our lokas and appears in the lokas below. What we call black holes are experienced as suns in the lokas below us. If you can reduce the atomic mass of a material so that it is less massive then hydrogen it will vanish from our lokas and appear in the lokas above ours ie in a higher dimension. What we experience as a sun is experienced in the higher lokas as a black hole.
edit on 5-5-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Below are some quotes from Swami Narasingha regarding aliens and UFOs. Basically according to vedic text there are realms or dimensions above and below our physical realm. The intelligences from above are generally speaking good and do not need machines to move through space and time. The flip side of this is that those who come from realms below ours are experts in technology and use craft to come to our physical reality but are generally speaking malevolent in there intent....essentially what we would call demonic!

In Vedic cosmology there are higher and lower planets in the universe, the higher planets being inhabited by pious intelligent life and the lower planets being inhabited by atheistic intelligent life. The atheists are known in the Vedic literature more for their destructive and evil tendencies than for their humanistic and philanthropic tendencies. This is stated in Bhagavad-gita as follows:

etam drstim avastabhya nastatmano’lpa buddhayah prabhavanty-ugra-karmanah ksayaya jagato’bitah "

Atheists with deprived and small intelligence flourish and engage in malicious activities for the destruction of the world." (Gita 16.9) The atheists become expert in yantra-vidya or the science of machines where as the Devas (intelligent life from higher planets) are expert in mantra and do not need the assistance of machines such as fire combustible engines or even electrical ones to move about from planet to planet. Nor are they destructive and violent wherever they go.

so let is suffice to say that from the Vedic point of view, intelligent life exists on other planets and may have the technology for interplanetary travel either thru yantras or mantras.

For many people there is hope that these aliens from another world come to us in peace with greater knowledge than our own. But from the Vedic point of view it would be expected that the supposed alien visits to our planet in flying saucers are from lower, not higher planets and thus would be more apt to be hostile than friendly or benevolent. Not to sound the alarm, but such malevolent visitors have been here before…

gosai.com...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
You mean the God's are Aliens?? I too have same sort of doubt..

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
1. "Higher planets" --> should be translated as "Planets from higher, purer, denser dimensions"
2. "Pious intelligent life" --> should be translated as "Deities" or "angels" or "devine beings"
3. "Mantra" --> should be translated as "devine powers" or "higher science"

"...those who come from realms below ours are experts in technology and use craft to come to our physical reality but are generally speaking malevolent in there intent....essentially what we would call demonic! " --> right. The aliens races that you know are in fact human races of the past different ages of Earth (more than 80 cycles of civilisations/about 100 millions years). Vedic scriptures are just history books that survived the Flood which ended the last age.

You can learn the "Zhuan Falun" and related scriptures. Much more than your expectation.

The scriptures are only available at the end time of each cycle. Good luck friend.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

Wouldn't you want to protect your food source?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Evil atheist aliens.

Obviously, the more morally enlightened space-faring civilisation will be creationists, such would be their understanding of quantum reality. But is it grey-beard man or elephant horse donkey face with 10 arms? Conundrums...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join