It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Jeff Hanneman from Slayer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
For those wondering about the future of the band, I came across this article from March 2013 where Kerry discusses the probability of recording new albums without Jeff:

www.metalinsider.net...

It quotes him from an interview with another website, but I couldn't find the source article.

I also found this interesting, for the gear heads:

edit on 5-5-2013 by Slugworth because: added video

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Jeff died after two years of fighting complications from a spider bite.

The spider died immediately.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thank you Brother

Second line.

baka.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Just making sure you know that God Hates Us All is the title of a Slayer album.

I understand that, but some people are not aware of that fact, so it came across as trollish, plus just a one liner. Anyway, I stand corrected though. I never owned that album, but I do know it's the name of one of their later ones.

Did you know that 'God hates us all' was released on September 11th 2001? Pretty sure I am correct about that. However, I myself never purchased another Slayer Album after 'South of Heaven', even though I got 'Seasons of the Abyss' now these days on ITunes.

I am in my 40's so I grew up listening to Show no mercy and the Reign in blood earlier albums. Reign in blood is the best Slayer album ever made, and Jeff wrote the best song on that album, Angel of death.

Seen Slayer back in the late 80's in Oakland,Ca at the Warfield theater with Testament and Violence. LMAO! Craziest show I have ever been to. Heshers, skin heads, punk rockers, skaters, metal heads and every other kind of social reject! And I was one of them. LMAO!

You basically had to get into a brawl in order to mosh in the pit. It was truly hell on earth, or hell awaits? I am an old school Slayer fan. Same with Metallica. I listened to those bands when they only had demos released and nobody knew anything about them.
~$heopleNation

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Originally posted by opethPA
Just making sure you know that God Hates Us All is the title of a Slayer album.

Reign in blood is the best Slayer album ever made, and Jeff wrote the best song on that album, Angel of death.

Completely agree.. Best album and best song

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The autopsy report now says he died of cirrhosis of the liver brought on by heavy drinking.

The spider bite didn't kill him. Alcohol did. R.I.P. Jeff!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
For me Seasons In The Abyss is as good as any if the earlier releases. War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask and Seasons in the Abyss are just amazing songs and show Slayer at their finest. Plus the video for Seasons is great, I used to rush home just to see it. Freaking Slayer and pyramids.

Their are moments on the more recent releases that are great but that's the last great album they did.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join