It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Jeff Hanneman from Slayer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Liver failure from a spider bit is whats being claimed as the COD.
I think it may have not been a "spider bite" per se in the arm...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
One of my Faves, years ago. R.I.P.

Thanks for the collection and contirbutions to his memory.

I've been sitting in my office watching these vids for 30 minutes. Everyone thinks I am crazy. They are right..

[I work for a F-500 company as an analyst - we just wrapped up quarter-end close, and I've been dickign around all afternoon - this was perfect]

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
Liver failure from a spider bit is whats being claimed as the COD.
I think it may have not been a "spider bite" per se in the arm...

Two of my favorite things, music and conspiracy theory. Please, please elaborate.
The official story;

Hanneman had been on hiatus from Slayer since early 2011, when he contracted necrotizing fasciitis, a flesh-eating disease that doctors believed might have been caused by a spider bite. Hanneman almost lost his arm, and was briefly placed in a medically-induced coma. After a series of skin grafts, he had been working on his physical rehabilitation, including playing guitar; the door had been left open for his return to Slayer upon recovery.
www.rollingstone.com...
From Wiki; necrotizing fasciitis

Possible sources of MRSA include purchasing and/or consuming undercooked contaminated meats,[7] being near human sewage sludge (human feces) spread on farm fields as fertilizer,[8] consuming raw products produced from farm fields fertilized by human sewage sludge or septage, in hospital settings from patients of weakened immune systems,[9] or sharing/using dirty needles.[10]

RIP Jeff.
And if I may bring some levity to this thread,
"Slayer Goes to Church"

edit on 3-5-2013 by tanda7 because: wiki

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

# my metal heros are slowly dying off. He can team up with randy and dio now!!! And get some new material ready for us on the other side .LONG LIVE METAL!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Proud to say Ive seen them 4 times, been listening to Slayer since I was in Jr High. RIP Jeff

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Jeff Hanneman, robbed of life before he finished his set. Slayer with man down. Respect!

Sad, but arachnid, just being arachnid, that is all.

Another legend silenced ...

Close your eyes
Look deep in your soul
Step outside yourself
And let your mind go
Frozen eyes stare deep in your mind as you die

... but he lives on in his music

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Worst news I heard since I found out Obama got re-elected, I actually thought Jeff's leads were better than Kerry Kings, I feel proud to have been able to see these guys play live in Spokane back in 2000 or somewhere in there one of the three most amazing things I've seen in my life. I wonder what this means for Slayer now and I wonder if he is actually one of the many that sold their soul to attain such greatness

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

I didn't even know Gary Holt was still alive is he the one with the Prygian style or blues style? Either way I'd like to hear it

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienzombie666
reply to post by Phantasm

I didn't even know Gary Holt was still alive is he the one with the Prygian style or blues style? Either way I'd like to hear it
When I went to the Big Four in Indio California, Slayer was the band I really wanted to see. They were sick! But me being the annoying musician that I am, I always take a step back and scrutinize live bands, whether they're a local band playing in my local pub, or one of my favorite bands playing an arena somewhere... (I hate this about me).

When Slayer took the stage, they opened with World Painted Blood (such a sick tune), I look up to admire the guys on the stage whom I was first introduced to back in '86, I noticed Jeff was missing... I kept trying to recognize the substitute guitarist --- I know I knew him from somewhere --- and couldn't figure it out. Then I asked one of the local concert goers who he was, he said "that's the dude from Exodus!".

As a fan of the early Exodus (up until Pleasures of the Flesh), I thought, Oh wow, Gary's a players player - this is gonna be good... well, as the set went on, I kept hearing someone's guitar slightly out of tune... and that just bugs the sh!t out of me. Aside from the out-of-tuneness, Slayer was sick! But if you don't mind that slightly out of tune sound, Gary did an awesome job filling in for Jeff...

But Jeff was Slayer's wordsmith and Riff Master... there's no more Slayer as far as writing goes - but live, as I've said before, without Dave behind the kit or Jeff on guitar, they're just a cover band version of themselves.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I love these type of songs. Well music is an essential parts of every one life www.google.com...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sad news about a very talented guy. I grew up listening to Slayer, they sounded so clean while playing so fast and so loud. Jeff wrote all their best songs. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
GOD HATES US ALL!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
RIP Jeff Hanneman...sad to see you go

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
GOD HATES US ALL!

What a thoughtful contribution to the subject of this thread. Can't wait to see what else you have to say!
~$heopleNation

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

He just got the parts mixed up. He meant to say:

|---------------------------------------|
|-8b~~~~8b~~~~8b~~~~8b~~~~8b|

or something like that.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

omfg for a minute I thought it was our slayer here on ATS...I was thinking "another one?"

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
GOD HATES US ALL!

What a thoughtful contribution to the subject of this thread. Can't wait to see what else you have to say!
~$heopleNation

Just making sure you know that God Hates Us All is the title of a Slayer album.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
man. when i heard about this i was floored. he'll be hugely missed in the metal community.

SLAYER is my all time favorite metal band they have been every bit as heavy from the time they formed as a band til this very day, not compromising at all and giving a big middle finger to every industry person who thought they could manufacture their art to sell more albums!

jeff was indeed a big part of SLAYER and an integral part but i can't help hoping they carry on some how, even if they just go down to just kerry, alone.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Ugh, two days later, and I'm still in shock over it. When it comes to Metal, it's ALWAYS someone you friggin' least expect to go. Every damn time. Schuldiner contracting a tumor was a huge shock, Dimebag getting murdered, Ronnie Dio, Peter Steele... it's ALWAYS someone huge in Metal that goes. It's never, "oh the roady for the band croaked," or some fill in bassist, etc. Now, it's Hanneman? Wow, are you #ting me?! Hanneman of all people? Ugh.

R.I.P. brother. Planet Earth just got even more suckier.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Man, that's sad! especially after the spider bite complications.

I regret never seeing Pantera and Slayer live. I did get to scratch cannibal corps off my bucket list recently tho. It was epic beyond words.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join