It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't you be saved after death?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Too right. All these people who think they are making the world a better place, act all holy and righteous because they "preach the good news" to the masses, actually cause unnecessary inconvenience and can even destroy lives as they tend to target the vulnerable.

Then they get bogged down with all the mundane details, some of which lets face it, are pig ignorant at best, and this causes even more hardships for people. Enforcing their beliefs on others and subjecting them to live under an unjust system that only really benefits the leaders and the rich who buy them off. We see this throughout history, and even today it lingers on in some muslim lands and even the west.

If they truly were good people and wanted to make the world a better place, then they would do practical things to help people in the nightmare that is here and now, not to create a nightmare in order to "save" them from some fictional nightmare after they die. Thankfully some religious people do get this point, and do concentrate on positive help.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Can a person repent and accept Jesus as savior after death? If not why not? Evidently we all continue on after this life, some heading to heaven and other heading to hell. Why are we resrticted to make this choice during this life or are we?

After I die, if I see God and Jesus and Satan I'll then finally have enough evidence to convince me they exist. Why can I not then go oh ok you got me! I believe...Why would god give us so little evidence to make our choice when belief will be obvious in the afterlife?

Because you cannot Repent when your dead. repent means to turn away from your actions and go in another direction - to do the opposite actions.

God gave us tons of evidence and tells us to test it if we dont believe it. Live the life and the words of Jesus to test to see if it's real or not. If you dont do that in Life so you can Repent in Life, by the time your dead it will be too late. You didn't follow the instruction manual.

If you die and go to hell God will say, Hey look.. I sent my son.. he had billions of followers.. I gave you a manual to study and live by - you failed to heed any of this and Now you want in.. i don't think so.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You are so funny!
Haha funniest user here

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
You cant be forgiven unless you ask.

This was confirmed by an atheist (Ian McCormack) who died and had a supernatural encounter with God. Jesus told him that he would have gone to hell if he had not ASKED.

It's too late to repent once you get down there. You can only repent before you die. You can't pray your way out of hell and no one on Earth can pray you out of hell, no one. You have to have prayed yourself. The Bible teaches that no one can pray for dead, departed souls and get them out of hell. They have to repent before death.

Pure, unadulterated, clean, uninhibited, undeserved, love. It began to fill me up from the inside out. I thought, “Perhaps God doesn't know all the things I've done wrong,” so I proceeded to tell him about all the disgusting things I'd done in the cover of darkness. But it was as though he'd already forgiven me and the intensity of his love only increased. In fact, later God showed me that when I'd asked for forgiveness in the ambulance, it was then he forgave me and washed my spirit clean from evil. Ian McCormack - Near-Death Experience

Ian was night diving off the island of Mauritius when he was stung multiple times by Box Jellyfish, which are among the most venomous creatures in the world. His testimony relates how he clung to life while getting to hospital, was declared clinically dead soon afterwards, and how during this time he had an encounter with Jesus, which radically changed the direction of his life. Link

edit on 3-5-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
reply to post by borntowatch

Excuse me but don't tell me to stuff it, I asked what proof you have that it is documented besides the bible and you don't have an answer and then insult me. Sign of a weak argument when you resort to insulting someone who is inquiring about what proof you have and not what Jesus would have done but let me guess I suppose that you know better than Jesus. I have to laugh at your type it is either I am right or stuff it. Preach about a religion and then totally miss the whole point of the religion by acting like a spoiled brat when someone dares question it. Do you think that Jesus went around telling people to stuff it when someone questioned him?
edit on 3/5/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

Excuse me but
I linked you some stuff by atheists...Yeah, but I cant be bothered arguing, good luck.
The bible states hell clearly but thats not good enough. I dont want an argument so I said stuff it. I dont want to win you over, its not my job. As I stated Christianity is a faith....remember
Every body who is not a Christian questions Christianity, you are nobody special. I wasnt preaching Christianity, I was showing youtube links to hell stories. By all means dont believe it, I cant help you, I am not going to argue this with you, stuffed if I am going to do that.
Did Jesus tell His followers to dust off their feet and walk away? Its in the bible so its not relevant or valid is it???

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Who said I wasn't a Christian? Now you are jumping to conclusions, it is quite healthy to question what you are being fed. You said that it is well documented like someone made an expedition to it to record what it is like. Documenting something is that is done after observing it, I don't know anyone that has been to hell and arrived back with a written record. Now go on with your non inquisitive life believing everything somebody tells you. Bye

edit on 4/5/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Text Can a person repent and accept Jesus as savior after death? If not why not? Evidently we all continue on after this life, some heading to heaven and other heading to hell. Why are we resrticted to make this choice during this life or are we?
reply to post by Xeven

@Xeven

Depends on what you believe. Some say that you can and some say that you can't. The 1611 KJV bible says you can't but then you can buy a bible to suite your needs now days. You can join all sorts of groups to suit your lifestyle and get into heaven by the back door. Join the Catholic organization and you get a purgatory thrown in the mix. That's a pretty sure bet for any loser. In fact you live like hell and when you die you get a few years in jail and then your home free. Something like our judicial system today.

Then again there are other cults that will fry you in a heart beat if you don't tow their line of thinking. Some of them will let you off the hook if you pay a sum of loot to the head honchos and then there are some that won't accept bribes at all. Along with these who accept bribes are those that will let the dead off the hook or get off a little earlier if their kinfolk will kick in so much to the guys running the show.

It's a complicated game out there Xeven so be careful on what you choose. Now if you choose the straight and narrow and follow the teachings of Jesus then you won;t have all the trouble listening to these hundreds of other buckaroos and you can also be pretty sure that you chose the right person to study. Jesus is about the hardest one of them all to follow and yet is the only one that makes sense to me.

Jesus teaches that this is sort of a school and that He is the teacher while God is the principal and we are the students. Once you are graduated you then get your test scores and if you pass the test then you get your certificate and are allowed to enter His city of everlasting life. The only problem is that you get one shot at school. If you flunk then you are not allowed into the city of New Jerusalem to eat and drink the food and water of everlasting life. There are a lot of shysters out there so be careful. Doesn't matter how brainy you are either. Just ask and Jesus will show you the way. In fact He will even light a candle for you to see in the dark. I know cause He did it for me and lots of other guys just like us.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I guess I have a hard time reconciling how a "Loving God' Would set up a system where a soul could end up in hell for eternity with no chance. Just does not sound like love to me.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I guess I have a hard time reconciling how a "Loving God' Would set up a system where a soul could end up in hell for eternity with no chance. Just does not sound like love to me.

Yes.... that SHOULD be the general consensus...how could the "Loving" God(and by loving I don't mean emotional/ sentimental but a state of being) sentence anyone to eternal torment.Yet there are MANY that believe whole heartily otherwise.

The two statements don't harmonize.One of the attributes of God(the most significant and the least believed) is God is sovereign.... NOTHING can defy his will.GOD is responsible(in both senses) for EVERYTHING....it could be no other way.Man is accountable for what they do(reap the consequences of their actions) however the completely unjust and merciless sentence of eternal(which in the scriptures is translated from aion meaning age not infinite time) hell is not one of them.First there is no such place.Hell is translated form the Greek hades(Hebrew sheol) which means the grave the realm of death and imperception.

One doesn't have to know Greek or Hebrew to "intuit" hell is not a place of infinite punishment by the creator God.It should be obvious yet many believe it because ..THEY WANT TO!!....I would bet NO One that believes in hell thinks THEY are going to hell....yet they condemn others to it and say God is responsible for it....that is blasphemy of the highest order.For all those that don't understand that read Matthew 7 closely(1st verse is the key).

The bottom line is God is not destroying anyone he is SAVING EVERYTHING from death....we are in the valley of the shadow of death.He is delivering(which means salvation) us from it for the most part COMPLETELY unbeknownst to us...and surely without our consent.We have ZERO to do with our salvation... it is Gods nature(which is the meaning of a name) to do so.THAT is why the scriptures say Jesus is the savior.Jesus is the transliteration of the Greek Iesous which is the translation from the Hebrew(I'm using the English transliteration here) Yahoshua(Joshua) which means God is salvation!

Yahoshua didn't come into the world(which is aion or age) to judge or destroy it but to SAVE it.How???That is completely Gods business.It can't be known by the carnal mind (trough the brain) HOW that works....however rest assured it WORKS because God is doing it ALL (thank GOD!!)Man does NOTHING to be saved...NOTHING will be lost (destroyed).It is the doctrine of men(religion) that turn God into a terrorist and the most vile monster in existence.That is a truly perverted state of mind that has been given over to believe a lie...it will all be set right though.Every tongue(metaphor) will confess that Yahoshua(Gods is salvation) ...is the ruler....the TRUE law..the way things ARE.

Yahoshua clearly said to those with ears to here....The Kingdom of God COMES without observation..it is IN your midst(spirit)....

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I think being saved by Jesus, means ourselves being undone of our sinfull nature, which results in eternal life, just as God wanted us to be, living eternally.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

I have been accused of being too wordy, this is my attempt at reforming.

We choose to be away from God and serve ourselves. Hell is just God granting one's wish to be away from HIm.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join