It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mommy, when I die....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Today I took my son out for pizza. On our way home I noticed he was unusually quiet. Before I could ask him if everything was alright, he somberly asked,

"Mommy, when I die, can they bury me close to you? So we can still snuggle?"

ATS....my heart swelled and broke at the same time. I was in tears, and had to take a couple of deep breaths to keep my composure.

I started to ask him why he was worried about dying (he's 6), but before I got the chance he changed the subject and started telling me a story about bubblegum that mutates anyone who chews it.

My son is growing so fast...and I don't know what the future holds. But tonight, we are going to snuggle.

Smylee

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My youngest is 15. He is too old for that now (so he says). I made him promise when he was little that I would always be able to grab him by his cheeks and "kiss him up" (kiss his cheeks and forehead). He still lets me....just not in public.

I have a 1 year old nephew now that reminds me of my son. So i spend a lot of time with him. But now my son is bigger than me (and I am a rather hulking individual myself), and works for me on an on call basis. Soon he will be more like a peer. I will get scant amounts of his attention. My heart will break over this, but I can only hope it will be healed by him spreading his wings and soaring.

Enjoy what you have I miss it so, so much. Just to have that 1 single more time where he climbed up into my lap to watch spongebob. *sigh*

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Hey smylee...snuggle as much as you can! They do grow so fast. My 8 year old knows about death, but has never mentioned anything about it.
I wouldn't worry too much about this either. When I was that age, death was very interesting to me..I remember. And all I had was a very eccentric grandmother to tell me about it. Granted..I am very eccentric as well..hah!

Anyhow...when you get a chance, ask him how he feels about death. From what I have read about you, it seems your son is a very special and wonderful kid. Snuggles are the best with your kid. When my boy wants to snuggle..I take it, and cherish it with all my heart.

You have such a sweet heart on you smylee.

peace and love to you always
~nat

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
So sweet, makes me all teary eyed. Little darlings.

new topics

top topics

join