It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Wanderer777

So what is god's will for you. Is it to kill all the fags and muslims. You see it is tolerant Christians that everyone can get behind. Normally these people are antiwar and all about brotherly love. It is you jihadists for Christ that boil my blood. So yeah, you go ahead. Bummer you can't get another job.

You talk this crap about Christians that we're judgemental, but look at how you just judged me with no evidence. I could care less about what other people do, because I am not going to answer for it. It is not my place to kill ANYONE. I don't know what God's will is for me, but I'll continue to live for Him and follow His word. Funny your bloods boiling because with that rude comment of yours, it just made me laugh. I guess you probably don't have inner peace like true Christians. I'm sorry, but I'll be sure to pray for you

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Definition pros·e·ly·tize
1 : to induce someone to convert to one's faith
2 : to someone to join one's party, institution, or cause transitive verb : to recruit or convert especially to a new faith, institution, or cause

So according to some only politician's get to do this, anyone else oh hell no!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

2 : to someone to join one's party, institution, or cause transitive verb : to recruit or convert especially to a new faith, institution, or cause

The perfect response. Politicians can do whatever they want. Laws don't apply to them

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I also find it quite hilarious most of you are on board with creating mindless robotic drones for soldiers rather than a man or woman who believes in a higher power. It is so they can have soldiers with no morals at all whatsoever so they do WHATEVER they are told

I find it hilarious that you make so many assumptions in one breath. Is that how you reach all of your conclusions?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Thank you for your prayers. Did you already say them? If I was pre-maturely judgmental, I apologize. You didn't deserve that if you are for real.

However, my post was and still is aimed a fundamentalist Christians who hate on everyone but their own kind. There ain't no Jesus in that crowd. And the military is full of them through all the ranks.

I have personal experience.

But not with you. I am sorry if I knee-jerked on you.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

Seems it's just a rumor, because USA Today is denying it as well as several other sites

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I did not assume anything. Y'all are looking at the issue they are presenting you. Not the issue that will result in this. While you may not have thought about it, but you are supporting mindless servitude

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Pfffft.

Just as I said, freaking hyperbole and propaganda. But hell Breitbart got a few hundred thousand other clicks today from the bible belt. They will never see the retraction.

As I said.....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not anyone else. Just US soldiers. And Obama didn't make this rule. Breitbart is a rag.

Also, there's already a thread on this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not a rumor, Breitbart just sensationalized the hell out of it.
edit on 5/2/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Was the soldier on duty or off duty when he shared his faith?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I sure did say them. Forgiven and forgotten. Those Christians aren't Christians. We should never have hate in our heart, just unconditional love for all people. That is what Jesus taught not to judge everyone for their different beliefs, but you are more than able to share your beliefs with anyone. It doesn't mean I dislike someone because they have different beliefs.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Doesn't surprise me it's been sensationalized. That's the way of the world. Large scale games of telephone suck

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Is this for real? Possible courts marshal for anyone promoting their faith?

I did ask in the op.

Really would not put anything past them these days.

As state above a rumor.

Not my fault I did a search and nothing showed abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com...
edit on 2-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

I did not assume anything. Y'all are looking at the issue they are presenting you. Not the issue that will result in this. While you may not have thought about it, but you are supporting mindless servitude

I consider the Christian faith a doctrine of mindless servitude. Looks like we're not gonna agree on this one.
edit on 2-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Right on. Good for you. I don't think you have to identify with a certain religion to abide by the golden rule. As I read somewhere once, something like, "We found that God does not make too hard terms with those who seek Him...It is open, we believe, to all men.

Wise words.
edit on 2-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I consider the Christian faith a doctrine of mindless servitude. Looks like we're not gonna agree on this one.
edit on 2-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Well you look at it like that because you've never had a conversation with God or been faith healed. I know where I stand and I know where I will end up when I die and with that I have inner peace and no fear in me ever. Can you say the same?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well you look at it like that because you've never had a conversation with God or been faith healed. I know where I stand and I know where I will end up when I die and with that I have inner peace and no fear in me ever. Can you say the same?

I don't need a god to feel safe. I'm a big boy.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I don't need a god to feel safe. I'm a big boy.

Wow talk about an assumption. I didn't say I needed Him to feel safe anywhere in anything I have written. You only go to insults mr. big boy because you are immature and ran out of comebacks. So you obviously don't have inner peace. A big boy can admit when he's been defeated, but no you just talk with emotion.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think you'll find that this is the same for ANY FAITH, but of course the radical Christians will be out there screaming about their rights to try to indoctrinate others

People complaining about this have no right to do so if they also complain about Islam. Why does your faith get special treatment over any other?

There is no difference between an Islamic person demanding to preach their faith to others, and a Christian demanding it. Neither gets priority or dominance over another.

Practice your faith at home, or in a building intended for it. Don't preach to others about what they should believe and how they are "going to hell" (or any other mindless BS) for not believing what you believe.

I hope to see restrictions on this being extended to government too. There should be NO religion in state at all, ever.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Politicians shouldn't be doing it either. Whatever happened to separation of church and state?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join