It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man opens fire with AR-15 rifle at Houston airport checkpoint before turning gun on himself

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Man opens fire with AR-15 rifle at Houston airport checkpoint before turning gun on himself

www.nydailynews.com

The man allegedly fired in the air at Houston’s Bush Intercontinental Airport, was fired at by an air marshall, who missed, and after shooting himself was rushed to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The incident comes a day before the NRA annual meeting in Houston.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Another gun tragedy. Luckily no one else was hurt.In that sense it was a lucky accident, although I guess the other people in the airport were shocked afterwards.

I wonder was it just a suicide or serves some other purpose? Why airport? Was he trying to send some message to the NRA meeting?

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-5-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
He didn't really "open fire" though. He shot into the air and then killed himself, his intent however misguided was obviously not to hurt people, at least......... That is how it seems.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If we could just outlaw guns, then all insane people would be sane again.

Of course, then they would have cars and other things. But, we just have to stick to it. We know we can't blame people so... we just outlaw whatever we need to as we go.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
it makes no sense to go there and shoot into the air then shoot yourself.. this sounds weird.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
They're really trying to change public opinion on gun control, aren't they?

Thank goodness this time they didn't choose to harm kids.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is beginning to be a monthly occurrence. They don't mention if anyone was killed or injured.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

In response, an air marshal fired at the man, but missed, and then the suspect pulled out another gun which he turned on himself, KHOU News reported. In all, a total of five to seven shots were fired. Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

This is what I find troubling, not to lessen the suicide.

An air marshal missed?

So much for air marshal makes flight travel "safer",
edit on 2-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
it makes no sense to go there and shoot into the air then shoot yourself.. this sounds weird.

not much sense to be found in senseless acts.

Gerald Celente: “When People Lose Everything, They Have Nothing Left To Lose, And They Lose It”

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How did he get an AR-15 to the TSA checkpoint? This is not a small rural airport.

KHOU reported a man walked into the terminal with a miltary-style semi-automatic rifle and fired two shots into the ceiling. When he was confronted by an air marshal, the man pulled out another gun and shot himself, the station said, citing witnesses in the terminal. Read more: www.abc15.com...

He walks in with an assault rifle, gets everyone's attention then shoots himself with ANOTHER gun? Hopefully he was just a sad individual and we are lucky he did not cause more death. Seems fairly pointless to me except to be used as a scare tactic or exploited.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The comments below the main article are nuts. Looks like the gun control crowd is out in full force.

OK, can't resist, it must be MKULTRA.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Another gun tragedy. Luckily no one else was hurt.In that sense it was a lucky accident, although I guess the other people in the airport were shocked afterwards.

I wonder was it just a suicide or serves some other purpose? Why airport? Was he trying to send some message to the NRA meeting?

Honestly???

I see it as some anti gun nut whom thought he might be a martyr for his cause by bring attention to his act........

Could I be wrong? Certainly! But this is a conspiracy website is it not?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Makes me nervous! We fly out of Bush Intercontinental frequently, especially my "better half". There are TSA agents all over the place already, now it will be a living nightmare. For the life of me I don't know how he could have gotten to the first check point without being spotted as even outside of the terminals there are police officers all over the place and TSA agents as well, along with airport security- and I mean oodles of them!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Unconfirmed rumours floating about that he had a suicide note with him, indicating that he had no intention of harming anyone other than himself. Would be intriguing if this turned out to be true, but as usual it will take a few days for the sensationalist guesses to be replaced with accurate facts...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
One thing we can always count on is the media to inject something into a story that has nothing to do with what happened. The comment about the NRA meeting turned this from a News story, to just another bunch of ideological drivel.

Suicide by Cop is the most likely description of what happened.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
One thing we can always count on is the media to inject something into a story that has nothing to do with what happened. The comment about the NRA meeting turned this from a News story, to just another bunch of ideological drivel.

Suicide by Cop is the most likely description of what happened.

Exactly.
Wonder if they will reveal what was in the note.
He had a message,got the attention,just wondering what his message was that it took those kinds of extreme measures to get it out.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Sounds to me like he was trying to make sure people saw him kill himself. Most likely the message he was trying to convey was "You're the reason I have no reason to live."

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
"One of several things here:

1. A message is being sent to Texas that unless things change there will be a false flag event in Texas like the other events.
2. A false flag was planned but the MK-ULTRA patsy didn't come through on the programming and shot at the air instead of at random people...or maybe he arrived a bit too soon before the real shooters could get in place and the 'plan' went fubar..."

(credit JConner )

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynxpilot
The comments below the main article are nuts. Looks like the gun control crowd is out in full force.

OK, can't resist, it must be MKULTRA.

i was gonna say that it looks like his MKULTRA programing didn't take fully.
got the killing himself part right just couldn't shot any body else.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
How did he get an AR-15 to the TSA checkpoint? This is not a small rural airport.

There are plenty of ways he could have gotten it there. Unlike Israel and other airports where this happened quite a few times over the years, US airports have no screening prior to the checkpoint. You can walk into the lobby carrying anything you want, and no one would know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join