It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghans criticize Britain's drone operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Britain has begun to carry out drone operations here. The drones are controlled from an air base in the City of Lincoln in the north of England. This news broke late in Afghanistan, but public reactions were quick. Afghans have responded very negatively to this. They say drone operations must be stoppedsince they are against their country's sovereignty.

The British defense ministry has announced that these drone strikes are aimed at saving the lives of foreign troops on the ground. It could not remove the fear among Afghans tough. They ask how the British military personnel sitting in London can decide who to drop bombs on from these unmanned drones.

But why are local people afraid of drones?

2012 was the year of drones in this country. About 447 drone strikes were reportedly made last year. And most of them hit mountainous areas of this country. Kunar valley ---in the east is one of them. Most villagers here fled their mountain homes to save their lives from these airstrikes.

Drones are used much more than ever now by US and Britain. It is the major part of our mission in Afghanistan, they say. Some of them are used for surveillance. Others are used for military operations. And when they drop bombs, grief and anger follow. According to United Nations, drone attacks jumped by 72 percent last year. And 16 civilians were killed in those strikes.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's funny how the people criticizing the drones, and being murdered by them are considered terrorists yet the people who operate them, as well as the system that has enabled them are considered the hero.

Actions speak louder than words, right? A couple of Americans are killed, it's plastered all over the news and social media and they all cry out about "what is this world coming to?" A group of anyone who is non-American is murdered by drones, it's never on the news, no one talks about it, and those who bring it to light are demonized for "using these tragedies to further politicize our country."

Sad days.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Maybe they should tell them to stop laying IEDs then seeing as another 3 of our troops were killed yesterday when a massive one blew their armoured truck up and it landed upside down. They are the cowards and hate when a drone strike blows them up. They claim innocent civilians get killed but how many of them also get killed with IEDs? Works both ways....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Maybe we should get out of their country.. I think you would be spouting it different if the Afghanis where using drones over bonny scotland...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I thought that the move to RAF Waddington was for the US drone operation. Just US troops using British soil. I maybe wrong if someone is willing to correct me :p that's just what I thought I heard

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I agree 100%. Bit like the Vietnam war that no one will win. No wonder the Russians pulled out of Afghanistan as well. I wish it would all stop and all troops came home now.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
Maybe they should tell them to stop laying IEDs then seeing as another 3 of our troops were killed yesterday when a massive one blew their armoured truck up and it landed upside down. They are the cowards and hate when a drone strike blows them up. They claim innocent civilians get killed but how many of them also get killed with IEDs? Works both ways....

If a foreign country were running roughshod over me and bombing me as seemed good to them I'd blow their truck up also. We don't belong there.

new topics

top topics

join