It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Catholics...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You have once again evaded the question that implicates you in a 'prophecy' you, yourself posted...
Answer the question (as yet, very clumsily evaded)...

A99

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I never said "physically appearing", you add those two words. And you know I do not care for dissected posts. Speak of evade, is it now the third time I have asked you. You evade the my direct question, why did you leave Catholicism jigger?
reply to post by colbe

No, you never said physically appearing. It was I who made the statement of why doesn't this god tell every generation. I thought you would understand that 'physically appearing' was implied.

As for evading, that is total BS. I asked you a question first, and you blew me off by asking me a question. You have done this every time.

So, last time. Simple yes or no questions. Answer them and I'll answer yours. Don't answer and we're done.

1. If you had been alive during the flood story or if you were firstborn of Egypt, would god have killed you, too?

2. Would god killing you be a good thing?

I'll be nice, God has revealed Himself AND appeared on the earth when He lived here and to various people throughout Christian history.

Christians here, myself included have explained who God is, you just keep asking your dumb questions about
God in the OT because you think you can show He is unloving. You're wrong. I just shared Jesus is God,
trash Him. You can't so fall back to the Old Covenant with your disbeliever's misinterpretations.

You use to carry on a civil discussion, not anymore. Well, since I asked you why did you leave the faith (Roman Catholicism)?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

ALMIGHTY Colbe...do you really believe this?

You can hide under the blanket with your fingers in your ears singing la la la, as much as you like...it is a very basic question that has ONE answer Colbe, and you will need to confront it like a grown up...

A99
edit on 6-5-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
reply to post by colbe

You can hide under the blanket with your fingers in your ears singing la la la, as much as you like...it is a very basic question that has ONE answer Colbe, and you will need to confront it like a grown up...

A99

I can't believe he wouldn't answer. That is so sad! It proves that he doesn't want the truth. He's going to believe what he wants to believe, and that's that. And, that's it for me.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

A99

I can't believe he wouldn't answer. That is so sad! It proves that he doesn't want the truth. He's going to believe what he wants to believe, and that's that. And, that's it for me.

I can understand the impetus to preach (I am stunned that the manner in which these types of threads appear, cannot be seen as RANTS)...a discussion is not being had - there are certain posters who are challenging the origami...this appears to be a problem with the thread authors. The origami runs so deep, of course, to the point where even your faith (which is assumed - and this is well seen in the evasive replies) is assailed...Posters should be prepared to discuss the ins-and-outs of thier ideas - I was under the impression that this was the purpose of this forum site, in particular...seems some posters really are afraid to dissect thier admirably held beliefs...

Å99

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

A99

Says you, the la, la, la, I've mocked the faith from my first post here. I got it. The repeated ridiculous, God is unloving in the OT so I reject Him related questions have been answered. You don't like the answers and neither does jigger, you two are a pair.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

A99

I can't believe he wouldn't answer. That is so sad! It proves that he doesn't want the truth. He's going to believe

what he wants to believe, and that's that. And, that's it for me.

Lame attempt....

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

A99

Says you, the la, la, la, I've mocked the faith from my first post here. I got it. The repeated ridiculous, God is unloving in the OT so I reject Him related questions have been answered. You don't like the answers and neither does jigger, you two are a pair.

If this is your perception of it (along with the inane assumptions on your part) amen...you never answered me, in relation to a linked prophecy you posted...it's a bit rich, going around preaching from a pulpit (which I don't think is 'discussion') cowering from explanation of your own stated position, ignoring questions from others, mock-doting on posters because they are trying to find out how militant you are, Love Colbe - in the same breath passively-agressively putting them down...and then saying your faith is being mocked...

If this is what you are understanding (from me in particular) you are completely misunderstanding my questions (not that they were answered in any satisfactory way)...

I am eminently more interested in your reason (not logic, not origamied scripture Colbe) you...

The book you refer to is a patchwork quilt - this doesn't mean it does not contain the germ of truth that keeps us warm...There must be a reason for this, apart from Lives of the Saints...or slavishly ignoring the blessed procedures going on in your own body and brain - the vehicle for that part of you that most are interested in - just as you are in us, in your own 'projected' way...

My concern with fundies (and I'm not saying you are one) is that they rely on just the quilt...no bedsheets, mattress, bed...ascetic, black or white, live or die, heaven or hell, cut and dried relegation on thier own terms...why bother?...and who made you judge, jury and executioner?

Thread title is 'To Catholics'...(and despite you going on about the exclusive rights to God of Catholics)...the word means 'broad minded'...your posts show nothing of this broad mindedness...they show veiled judgement, confusion, procedural inconsistencies...and just a little ignorance of the book you are referring everyone to...

I really have read this book many many times...parts of it have been left 'vanilla', 'nuts&bolts'...but, alot of it has been paperfolded (origamied) beyond repair...I wouldn't use it to fix my car, Colbe...but, I would use some parts of it, certainly...least of all because it is NOT the original...whoever told you it was, is a liar...

...and you heard it right...
ALMIGHTY...without rival, without equal, without adversary...because He/She is the Source of it all...VHB, jigger, you, me...the whole hamburger, fries and all...and if you are of the belief that God would allow a situation you propose so fundamentally, you have not understood the FREE WILL precept...this needs to be thought through thoroughly...

The grand creation is far greater than this little blue marble, Colbe...but if you want to slice and dice 'salvation' and only serve it up to Catholics...that really does sound childish...and extremely small minded...

Å99
edit on 8-5-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

The book you refer to is a patchwork quilt - this doesn't mean it does not contain the germ of truth that keeps us warm...There must be a reason for this, apart from Lives of the Saints...or slavishly ignoring the blessed procedures going on in your own body and brain - the vehicle for that part of you that most are interested in - just as you are in us, in your own 'projected' way...

Nice post, akushla.

What Christians don't realize is that the bible is THEIR bible! One-hundred percent of it. Yet, they will be quick to say that this biblical event isn't true - it's a metaphor. That biblical event didn't happen, it's a parable. That event didn't really happen, it's just used as a moral guideline for us to follow. But, EVERYTHING about Jesus is absolutely, irrefutable, undeniably TRUE!

Christians don't understand that they can't do that! If one part of the bible is called into question, then they must call ALL of it into question. It isn't the Old Testament versus the new testament - it's all the Christian bible.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

reply to post by akushla99

Nice post, akushla.

What Christians don't realize is that the bible is THEIR bible! One-hundred percent of it. Yet, they will be quick to say that this biblical event isn't true - it's a metaphor. That biblical event didn't happen, it's a parable. That event didn't really happen, it's just used as a moral guideline for us to follow. But, EVERYTHING about Jesus is absolutely, irrefutable, undeniably TRUE!

Christians don't understand that they can't do that! If one part of the bible is called into question, then they must call ALL of it into question. It isn't the Old Testament versus the new testament - it's all the Christian bible.

Jigger, I don't always agree with what everyone posts...it's the way they post that interests me more - there's more insight in the sneaky games people play. Having established that, I don't particularly feel this is bad thing...it is just - a telling manouevre...I also include (in the fundie space) hard-line materialists, who do exactly the same with thier quotations and interpretations of borrowed theory)...it's all self referential and baulked and encrusted with the same language of assumed authority...I applauded the idea of an athiests church - at last, they are admitting thier own brand of priesthood, with science as the reference...both the same tired old set-up...

There are many that have 'perspectives' that I wanna hear about, not crap someone else said that they subscribe to - and if that, I wanna know why...it informs my own lifelong investigation...

Å99

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If this is your perception of it (along with the inane assumptions on your part) amen...you never answered me, in relation to a linked prophecy you posted...it's a bit rich, going around preaching from a pulpit (which I don't think is 'discussion') cowering from explanation of your own stated position, ignoring questions from others, mock-doting on posters because they are trying to find out how militant you are, Love Colbe - in the same breath passively-agressively putting them down...and then saying your faith is being mocked...

If this is what you are understanding (from me in particular) you are completely misunderstanding my questions (not that they were answered in any satisfactory way)...

I am eminently more interested in your reason (not logic, not origamied scripture Colbe) you...

My concern with fundies (and I'm not saying you are one) is that they rely on just the quilt...no bedsheets, mattress, bed...ascetic, black or white, live or die, heaven or hell, cut and dried relegation on thier own terms...why bother?...and who made you judge, jury and executioner?

Thread title is 'To Catholics'...(and despite you going on about the exclusive rights to God of Catholics)...the word means 'broad minded'...your posts show nothing of this broad mindedness...they show veiled judgement, confusion, procedural inconsistencies...and just a little ignorance of the book you are referring everyone to...

I really have read this book many many times...parts of it have been left 'vanilla', 'nuts&bolts'...but, alot of it has been paperfolded (origamied) beyond repair...I wouldn't use it to fix my car, Colbe...but, I would use some parts of it, certainly...least of all because it is NOT the original...whoever told you it was, is a liar...

...and you heard it right...
ALMIGHTY...without rival, without equal, without adversary...because He/She is the Source of it all...VHB, jigger, you, me...the whole hamburger, fries and all...and if you are of the belief that God would allow a situation you propose so fundamentally, you have not understood the FREE WILL precept...this needs to be thought through thoroughly...

The grand creation is far greater than this little blue marble, Colbe...but if you want to slice and dice 'salvation' and only serve it up to Catholics...that really does sound childish...and extremely small minded...

Å99
edit on 8-5-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

"Inane", not a kind word. Your negative personal comments are a "judgment" plus your other judgment, rejecting the faith. I replied to the ridiculous OT accusations against God. Why even ask? We're in the New Covenant. Again, agnostics, atheists, disbelievers will not touch the Gospel with the same objection. Why? They are wrong, no authority to interpret the written Word, God's authority is given to the Church not everyone who reads Scripture. Read Church teaching and a Catholic Bible. The footnotes are a great help for the difficult verses.

www.drbo.org...

It is easier to remain a disbeliever.

The thread is about the falling away from the faith, including some shepherds. ATS is a discussion forum, no problem, everyone can comment.

I wish and pray you become Catholic. God is going to show you personally "soon" so learn as much as you can about Catholicism before, alright? It is no use to argue, pray to God, ask Him for the grace to believe akushla. It has been years of divine preparing, God knows we are slow to change. Believe prophecy. Prophecy states the Remnant is Roman Catholic. God's longing has always been for one belief not thousands. If you say no now, remember when the Great Warning (Rev 6:15-17) takes place.

To say God bless you is a blessing.

“You cannot find Jesus outside the Church ... It is the Mother Church who gives us Jesus,
who gives us the identity that is not only a seal, it is a belonging."
Pope Francis

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

“You cannot find Jesus outside the Church ... It is the Mother Church who gives us Jesus, who gives us the identity that is not only a seal, it is a belonging." Pope Francis

WoW! The Pope is liar just like all the other Popes, unless of course, Jesus is their invention. All other inventions of Jesus are just cheap knock offs, right? Then, they are still liars, pushing their invention.

Any religious leader that teaches that GOD can be contained in the walls of a building, AKA "church" or within the feeble establishment of minds of men, or in a book, is a liar, a thief, a wolf in sheep's clothing.

RUN COLBE! Run like hell away from these people that you can the one and only church!

edit on 10-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by colbe

“You cannot find Jesus outside the Church ... It is the Mother Church who gives us Jesus, who gives us the identity that is not only a seal, it is a belonging." Pope Francis

WoW! The Pope is liar just like all the other Popes, unless of course, Jesus is their invention. All other inventions of Jesus are just cheap knock offs, right? Then, they are still liars, pushing their invention.

Any religious leader that teaches that GOD can be contained in the walls of a building, AKA "church" or within the feeble establishment of minds of men, or in a book, is a liar, a thief, a wolf in sheep's clothing.

RUN COLBE! Run like xxx away from these people that you can the one and only church!

No windword, history and the miraculous show Christ who is God established the faith. The persecution of
the faith is going get worse but doesn't matter, God has revealed the new time after the Great Tribulation. The Great Warning happens before the evil one tries to abolish the Eucharist. God is going to try and save souls, non-Christians too, every person on the earth. Our free Will, it is up to you. Believe dear sister.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
"Inane", not a kind word. Your negative personal comments are a "judgment" plus your other judgment, rejecting the faith. I replied to the ridiculous OT accusations against God. Why even ask? We're in the New Covenant. Again, agnostics, atheists, disbelievers will not touch the Gospel with the same objection. Why? They are wrong, no authority to interpret the written Word, God's authority is given to the Church not everyone who reads Scripture. Read Church teaching and a Catholic Bible. The footnotes are a great help for the difficult verses. It is easier to remain a disbeliever. The thread is about the falling away from the faith, including some shepherds. ATS is a discussion forum, no problem, everyone can comment. I wish and pray you become Catholic. God is going to show you personally "soon" so learn as much as you can about Catholicism before, alright? It is no use to argue, pray to God, ask Him for the grace to believe akushla. It has been years of divine preparing, God knows we are slow to change. Believe prophecy. Prophecy states the Remnant is Roman Catholic. God's longing has always been for one belief not thousands. If you say no now, remember when the Great Warning (Rev 6:15-17) takes place. To say God bless you is a blessing. “You cannot find Jesus outside the Church ... It is the Mother Church who gives us Jesus, who gives us the identity that is not only a seal, it is a belonging." Quote Colbereply to post by colbe

First of all Colbe...you really need to understand the concept of personal attack through words...
...the phrase 'inane assumptions' (and I shouldn't be having to explain this)...

...the assumptions are inane!...you are not mentioned personally at all...the inanity relates to your assumptions, not you...grow up...

Inane assumption #1 (which has been used consistently by you to me)...that I reject FAITH...
#2...that I am not Catholic...
#3...that, if I am (or others are) must be 'lapsed'...(tell me about judgemental determination!)
#4...that I have not read the bible (this has been explained)...
...just a few, Colbe...

...it seems someone peeled the label off the mirror you're looking through..."objects in mirror may appear larger than they really are"...this seems to be informing anything you have posted...

I've mentioned myopia...your view seems to be myopic and exclusive in nature...this is a form of judgement that limits...at the same time, what you see and consequently how 'salvation' is gained(?!) and what this process entails, in the grand scheme of things...your view seems to be limited to this one little blue marble floating at the edge of a disc of dust...indeed, limited further, to Christians, limited again to Catholics...and of those...only those you determine have not 'lapsed'...if you cannot see this as a paperfold extraordinaire...so be it...I am not here to explain this any further...

Difference between 'God bless you', and 'bless you'...

I will and do accept the second...the first assumes you have a relationship with God that you assume allows you to confer the blessing on his/her behalf...that's jumping a bridge that I have no evidence from you that would make me believe that you understand, even the bridge...

You are not discussing Colbe...you are preaching...and this forum is not a pulpit...

Å99

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

You clearly don't understand the use of the word Church in Catholic nomenclature.

It might be more charitable of you to do a bit of research before calling someone a liar.

Eric

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Colbe,

Your continued use of prophecy that is not sanctioned by the Church is troubling to me. You use them to buttress your arguments and many modern prophecies (and self proclaimed prophets) do not add to your case, but subtract from it.

I'd also suggest that you spend the time researching modern prophecy to instead study the Old Testament. We are assured that that is the Word of God. We have no assurances about modern 'prophets'.

Eric
edit on 12-5-2013 by EricD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
Colbe,
Your continued use of prophecy that is not sanctioned by the Church is troubling to me. You use them to buttress your arguments and many modern prophecies (and self proclaimed prophets) do not add to your case, but subtract from it.

I'd also suggest that you spend the time researching modern prophecy to instead study the Old Testament. We are assured that that is the Word of God. We have no assurances about modern 'prophets'.

Eric
edit on 12-5-2013 by EricD because: (no reason given)

Eric,

I post the approved once in awhile. We are close to things prophesied at Fatima happening.

Hi, you, me, we are all free to read and share current private revelation. Look how long we have Medjugorje, there's still the debate so much so, the Vatican has taken it over. 99.9% of current private revelation has not even been investigated by the Church yet. God isn't silent, look how dark the times are... Partly, the Church can't make a judgement, prophesied events are close but haven't taken place yet. We're in a special time, in our lifetime, we are going to see the divine events spoken of in private revelation happen.

. I do not post the condemned by the Church private revelation.

True, we have the inerrant written Word of God but some Christians do not follow God's chosen Scriptural authority. They are their own pope. They mistakenly interpret the Word of God. Prophecy makes God's plan more explicit. The messages from Heaven as example, are explaining some of the John's Revelation.

How could I have been almost instantly converted/reverted by Mary's appearing to a visionary and her messages?

I read the Protestant private revelation too, pointing to the same one end time.

God bless you,

colbe 1 Cor 12:28 And God indeed hath set some in the church; first apostles, secondly prophets, thirdly doctors; after that miracles; then the graces of healing, helps, governments, kinds of tongues, interpretations of speeches.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
Your continued use of prophecy that is not sanctioned by the Church is troubling to me.

It actually does harm to the church and to the authentic apparitions that have happened. I'm starting to think that Colbe isn't Catholic at all, but instead is an anti-Catholic who is posting all this rubbish in order to make the Catholics look silly.

edit on 5/13/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Why would I keep posting the messages from Heaven if they were too hard to understand?

You are NOT posting 'messages from Heaven'.

You are posting crap that people claim comes from heaven, but that has no proof and many of those you are pushing have in fact been condemned as false by the Catholic church.

ATS Quick Guide to Modern False Apparitions and Seers

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

You clearly don't understand the use of the word Church in Catholic nomenclature.

Jesus never used the term "church". It's derived from a 3rd century Greek word:

The derivation of the word has been much debated. It is now agreed that it is derived from the Greek kyriakon (cyriacon), i.e. the Lord's house, a term which from the third century was used, as well as ekklesia, to signify a Christian place of worship.
www.newadvent.org...

Since the Council of Trent, the Catholic Church has been defined as a union of human beings who are united by the profession of the same Christian faith, and by participation of and in the same sacraments under the direction of their lawful pastors, especially of the one representative of Christ on earth, the Bishop of Rome. Each element in this definition is meant to exclude all others from actual and vital membership in the Catholic Church, namely apostates and heretics who do not profess the same Christian faith, non-Christians who do not receive the same sacraments, and schismatics who are not submissive to the Church's lawful pastors under the Bishop of Rome.
www.catholicculture.org...

On heretics and heresy:

The first known usage of the term (heresy) in a legal context was in 380 AD by the Edict of Thessalonica of Theodosius I,[11] which made Christianity the State church of the Roman Empire. Prior to the issuance of this edict, the Church had no state-sponsored support for any particular legal mechanism to counter what it perceived as "heresy". By this edict the State's authority and that of the catholic Church became somewhat overlapping. One of the outcomes of this blurring of Church and State was the sharing of State powers of legal enforcement with Church authorities. This reinforcement of the Church's authority gave Church leaders the power to, in effect, pronounce the death sentence upon those whom the Church considered heretical.
en.wikipedia.org...

What the Pope said:

LIES!

John 3:16: For GOD so loved the world that he gave his only son.............

Luke 17:21: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Matthew 24:23: Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

Matthew 23:9: And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Matthew 18:19: Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Matthew 7:7:Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Who does the Pope think he is?

But this authority, although it is given to man and is exercised by man, is not human, but rather divine, and has been given by the divine Word to Peter himself and to his successors in him, whom the Lord acknowledged an established rock, when he said to Peter himself: Whatsoever you shall bind etc. [Matt. 16:19]. Therefore, whosoever resists this power so ordained by God, resists the order of God [cf. Rom. 13:2] ... Furthermore, we declare, say, define, and proclaim to every human creature that they by necessity for salvation are entirely subject to the Roman Pontiff. ............................ ...

all the faithful of Christ must believe "that the Apostolic See and the Roman Pontiff hold primacy over the whole world, and that the Pontiff of Rome himself is the successor of the blessed Peter, the chief of the apostles, and is the true vicar of Christ and head of the whole Church and faith, and teacher of all Christians; and that to him was handed down in blessed Peter, by our Lord Jesus Christ, full power to feed, rule, and guide the universal Church, just as is also contained in the records of the ecumenical Councils and in the sacred canons.
www.ourcatholicfaith.org...

Really?

It might be more charitable of you to do a bit of research before calling someone a liar.

Really!?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join