It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Catholics...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
God doesn't change, the faith doesn't change. Disheartening, Michael Voris shares the "falling away" of our shepherds (thank Heavens, not all of them).

ie: Remember shortly before the last Presidential election, the Al Smith Dinner? Cardinal Dolan invited Obama. Last Friday, the scheduled keynote speaker, our President, asked God to bless Planned Parenthood!! Aaaaahhh! Planned Parenthood is the biggest provider for abortion in America!!!

Watch the Youtube....I am done with Cardinal Dolan. Well, in charity, stop and say a prayer for his soul.

+ + +

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Pardon me colbe...

IF your God doesn't change.... why does he change so much from the OT to the NT?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Apparently your god does change, otherwise he wouldn't have ordered the slaughter of millions of people in the OT then turn around and say that violence is wrong in the NT.

Just my two cents.

edit on 2-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I don't think it's that God changed as much as it was peoples perception of God that has changed. IF that makes any sense.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I believe it was Christ that preached tolerance and forgiveness. Not God.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

God spoke for himself when he ordered the Hebrews to kill everyone who wouldn't bow down to them in Ezekial. Jesus spoke for himself when he said to turn the other cheek.

The OT god was based on human ideals, not god's. The reason Yahweh is so jealous is because the writers were jealous and wanted everything they could take.

In my opinion.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I believe it was Christ that preached tolerance and forgiveness. Not God.

But Jesus said that he did the will of his Father (God). Whatever Jesus said was because God willed him to say it.

link   
reply to post by colbe

and away we go....

This is going to be like debating bigfoot..real or fake?

link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe

Pardon me colbe...

IF your God doesn't change.... why does he change so much from the OT to the NT?

Hi Akragon,

Don't deny to the end Akragon, the truth is, there is only one God, He is your God too. He loved you first, He created you.

God doesn't change, He is merciful and loving AND perfectly just. Man's understanding of who God is matured
in the New Covenant with God coming down in the person of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by kimish

God spoke for himself when he ordered the Hebrews to kill everyone who wouldn't bow down to them in Ezekial. Jesus spoke for himself when he said to turn the other cheek.

The OT god was based on human ideals, not god's. The reason Yahweh is so jealous is because the writers were jealous and wanted everything they could take.

In my opinion.

Hi 3NLIGHT,

Been answered, an old objection and protest. God is perfectly loving and perfectly just. He is our creator, you have to answer for all your choices, here in this life or in eternity. God always warns and tries to bring people back to Him, many in the OT did not listen, the same is happening in this end of times, the 6th Day.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Don't deny to the end Akragon, the truth is, there is only one God, He is your God too. He loved you first, He created you.

Actually I agree with that.... there is one true God...

Unfortunately... he isn't the one from the OT...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by Akragon

I don't think it's that God changed as much as it was peoples perception of God that has changed. IF that makes any sense.

It only makes sense if you haven't read the OT...

Perhaps you might want to have a look before you consider that statement to be true

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The reason no one listened to him is probably because god only chose to speak to the Hebrews and Israelites. Very convenient for their conquests and killings.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by colbe

and away we go....

This is going to be like debating bigfoot..real or fake?

Hi,

I don't think this thread is a debate, no offense. The loss of faith in the world, we see it getting darker, day by day. We have an eternal soul and choice to make, to follow God's ways or the evil one.

Speak to God every day from now on, ie: daily PRAYER. And, so important, I should of said it first.

Examine your life, repent from the heart and confess your mortal sins to God now! And from now on, on a regular basis. Ask God to give you the grace to persevere. We do not know our last day.

Catholics have to do more, they must GO to Confession.

In examining your life, your conscience, most, 99.9% of sexual sins are MORTAL so you must confess them.

It is nuts our times, most all sexual sins are not even considered sin. Two of them including the gravest (abortion) are protected under law.

God bless you,

colbe

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

So let me get this straight...'

Because I don't believe in YOUR God... my life must be in ruin?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by colbe

The reason no one listened to him is probably because god only chose to speak to the Hebrews and Israelites. Very convenient for their conquests and killings.

You have the knowledge of all human history? Your one sentence grand statement and notice how you blame God constantly and forget God gives everyone a choice. And remember, the natural law and our conscience even if you do not know of God.

Don't be mad at God anymore #3NLIGHT, He loves you, He made you brother.

love,

colbe

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

According to the OT the Hebrews and Israelites were god's chosen people and the only people he talked to.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe

So let me get this straight...'

Because I don't believe in YOUR God... my life must be in ruin?

Convenient Akragon, you fail to quote my words to you and say the same thing again. I don't care for "YOUR" God (humor).

You have a choice until you die to accept God's revelation about Himself and His plan or reject it.

God's wish for everyone is to know, to love and to honor Him in this life and to be with Him forever in Heaven one day.

Catechism of the Catholic Church

392 Scripture speaks of a sin of these angels.269 This "fall" consists in the free choice of these created spirits, who radically and irrevocably rejected God and his reign. We find a reflection of that rebellion in the tempter's words to our first parents: "You will be like God."270 The devil "has sinned from the beginning"; he is "a liar and the father of lies".271

393 It is the irrevocable character of their choice, and not a defect in the infinite divine mercy, that makes the angels' sin unforgivable. "There is no repentance for the angels after their fall, just as there is no repentance for men after death."272

269 Cf. 2 Pet 2:4.
270 Gen 3:5.
271 1 Jn 3:8; Jn 8:44.

www.vatican.va...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Convenient Akragon, you fail to quote my words to you and say the same thing again. I don't care for "YOUR" God (humor).

You think im kidding?

Interesting How Jesus told the devout jews of his time that their Father was the devil...

Perhaps you might think on that idea

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I am Roman Cathlic and I don't have any problems with planned Parent Hood, infact the old Scripture does say that all cathlics should be fruitful and multiply, well not in todays day and age, look at Maury show, seen enough of WHo is your daddy, and who is paying the bills.

Times have changed and I believe the old testmant needs to be updated, we don't need a herd of children anymore to work the fields or tend to the sheep.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join