It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo attorney dead in apparent suicide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
It seems like a lot of people involved in high profile government projects are dying latly. Its kind of hard to not think there is some type of conspiracy going on.

Can you list some others? and sources for them? I'd like to follow up.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PointDume

I dont know whats been going on there recently. I haven't been there since late 2005 and haven't spoken to someone who was there since 2007, but the hunger strikes are not new. They have been happening since the beginning. In fact we didn't have to even begin to think about torturing anyone because of them. We would just take some mcdonalds or some pizza into the interrogation booths, put on a movie and eat food offering them some if they would tell us what we needed to know.

The vast majority of the detainees only go along with the hunger strikes because their leadership threatens to kill them if they don't.

Also, we never let them get to the point they're starving. They are taken and given intrevenus injections for nutrition's sake.

They had better medical care and dental care than the service members. Service members with the JTF were allowed to schedule (as scheduling permitted) with the detainees medical staff BECAUSE they were so much better than the regular medical staff.

As far as why a defense attorney there might be suicided, I have NO idea. It may just be a real suicide, might want to look into personal reasons before jumping to conclusions because from direct knowledgeable experience, there really isn't anything about GTMO that I can think of that would require offing someone.

Jaden

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Let me enlighten ATS as to why I think this is suspicious. It is quite simple really. If we look at testimony from those intimately involved in the trials at Guantanamo Bay, there are many illegal things going on behind the scenes. In fact, there literally is someone or some group behind the scenes "pushing the button." These trials have been a farce, and how can justice be done if those overseeing the case have an agenda of their own, and are concerned with something else besides justice?

So my point is that this death could very well be fishy, considering all of the other fishy things that have been going on down there. This is not to say it can be proven, or is even accurate, as maybe this truly was suicide, but the possibility of foul play should be acknowledged at the very least. We should not just dismiss this as a suicide, given that so many other things have already happened to suggest there literally is a conspiracy going on at Gitmo.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
reply to post by PointDume

Also, we never let them get to the point they're starving. They are taken and given intrevenus injections for nutrition's sake.

They are force fed with a too large tube. I don't know where you got your info but I wouldn't trust it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PointDume
From RT:

RT - Guantanamo attorney dead in apparent suicide

From the article:

The location of Hart’s death has not been made public, though he left behind a suicide note and a USB storage device, which Truthout believed to contain his case files. The FBI was made aware of his death as Hart worked with sensitive information, though Truthout had not confirmed whether the agency would be investigating further into the matter.

This comes at a most curious time, given the hunger strike and President Obama's recent statement that he still wants to close the Gitmo facility.

From Salon.com

Salon - Gitmo Lawyer Found Dead in Apparent Suicide

From the article:

Hart was assigned by the government to defend Mohammed Rahim al-Afghani, who was detained by the CIA and allegedly subjected to torture methods until his transfer to Guantanamo in March 2008. The government maintained that al-Afghani was Osama bin Laden’s translator and a top al-Qaida official

Here's an interesting blog post on the subject matter. I'm not sure how solid this blog is, but one paragraph stuck out:

Will Congress Please Investigate Guantanamo Bay?

From the article:

But the weirdest news about Guantanamo came today. One of the public defenders there died from a gunshot to the head last week, information that was strangely withheld for days, and even now it seems no mainstream newspaper wants to touch this story. Most of the detainees, by the way, are 3-months into a hunger strike and teetering on death themselves. But this information about the lawyer was withheld for nearly a week, and even now, very little is being revealed about this troubling case

This apparently happened a week ago and has had scant coverage in the mainstream media.
edit on 2-5-2013 by PointDume because: Added sources and quotes

Right someone who was told pertinent and confidential information in a top secret U.S. military prison killed himself... He probably had a little help.

All these people that know stuff keep getting marked and taken care of its not just this guy it's multiple suspicious deaths that are probably murders to silence people who could do some real damage if they started talking. Our gov doesn't care and honestly never did its a bunch of suits sitting around testing theories on us and setting us up so they make money to fatten a hidden agenda that we will never know about and could possibly cause us harm. They don't know us so they don't care about us the people are not a part of the government anyone it is two different classes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join