It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a brother and a son............ how much fun is that ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
One of my favourite memories as a kid is going out and catching an octopus, (I was raised in Malta for quite a while)

We as kids would take them to the cook at the R.A.F. club to cook up. He'd give us enough for a small drink and that was kind of him (God bless you Felix may you rest in peace) but with a twinkle in his eye he'd give us all a leg or two as a challenge.

My sister was always the first target

And then my mum.

I'd stalk up behind her and take careful aim,

With a deft twist of the wrist and 'snap down action' I could get the whole leg to stick to their backs.

Was it worth the hiding ? Hell yeah

Sorry but that memory has set me off on a laughing fit .

Mrs C is
all I can do is point at the screen and laugh

Must be a boy thing

That's just one memory, so boys and girls, brothers and sisters, sons and daughters.

Fess up

How did you wind up your siblings or friends ?

Cody

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

How did you wind up your siblings or friends ?

Hiding inside cabinets and inside the dirty clothes hamper.

Looking back on it now, it was kinda mean, but I thought it was hilarious back then. The cabinets just for the fear brought about by the shocking surprise. I scared the crap out of my mom allll the time. Literally making her jump.

The dirty clothes hamper though, that was different. I honestly can't remember if they ever actually found me in there, but I did it several different times. lol. Parents and sister would be looking everywhere for me, and often even looking inside the hamper, but they never thought about digging underneath the dirty clothes. I'd take out the clothes, then get in and cover myself with them. I don't know how long I would stay in there, but I would wait until I knew they were all in another part of the house, before climbing out, putting the clothes back in, and then sneaking up behind them.

Every time they would ask, :Where were you?"

"I don't know. Where were you??" lol

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

There you go

Cody

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I come from a family where I have three older sisters, the two eldest sisters are about 9 years older than the next eldest girl, who is older than me by 15 months. Well I used to have a great old time telling her that she was adopted.

We were staying at our grandpa's house because our parents were away. I had her so wound up that she phoned my parents who were in Perth on holidays, just to see if she was. I was having a great old time. I even went into great detail saying that I had found the adoption papers in our parents room.

I also used to tell her that she was a accident, and that I was born to make it look like she was planned. But funnily enough, about 4 years ago, I found out she actually was.

I am almost 40 now, and all of this occurred when I was about 8. Even thinking about it now still brings a smile to my face.

edit on 2/5/13 by jamesthegreat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

The odor was a small price to pay, for such a large amount of entertainment.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

i would do the mr socko move on my lil bro, dont know if u ever watched wrestling as a kid..

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

You are so funny Cody

I would hide beside the door of the restroom when my mom was in there..and when she would come out..I would jump out and just say 'boo' scared her everytime! And I thought it was so funny!! Then she would do it to me. Great times.

Now with my lil sister...well she is like my daughter. I have never done anything to scare her or wind her up. She is a part of me that I cherish so so much. She is 16 years younger..so that may be the reason

peace and love to you friend
~nat cat~

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hehe i remember years ago i was an amateur boxer. And i always used to throw a few pretend jabs in my mums direction. Then she always used to take her slipper off and chase me round the house trying to hit me saying "Il bloody show you lad" haha..Used to hurt that plastic bottomed slipper to!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

i would do the mr socko move on my lil bro, dont know if u ever watched wrestling as a kid..

The sad part = I already had that uploaded into my ATS Photo Gallery.[color=888888](or whatever it's called)

Can't remember why, but as soon as I read your comment, I remembered it was there........

edit on 5/3/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by cody599

Yeah used to love the wrestling but I had a favourite cartoon character

I'd put on my dressing gown and get all kung foo on her [snip]

She really hated that, yep you guessed it, that's a paddling

Cody

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I once scared my dad when he under the car working on it.

That was one hell of a bruise he had there

Yep that's a paddling

Cody

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

I remember the time I was tall enough to hold mum off so she couldn't reach me.

Mum was furious, I was very sporty and ran for the door, went out and played with me mates came home and dad was there.

You guessed it that's a paddling

It's a wonder I've still got a backside

Cody

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Originally posted by natalia

I would hide beside the door of the restroom when my mom was in there..and when she would come out..I would jump out and just say 'boo' scared her everytime! And I thought it was so funny!! Then she would do it to me. Great times.

My mom never even tried to get me back, but I scared her many many times. The part that I always thought was kinda strange, was that it worked every single time.

I suppose I was good at it, and I did have enough patience to be quiet while staying in those awkward positions, awaiting that perfect moment. You'd think she would've caught on eventually, but nope.......

Something else I just now remembered: My dad would sometimes see me as he was walking past, but he would just keep on walking. Then she would come along maybe just a few seconds behind him, or a maybe a couple minutes.

Looking back on it now though, I'm thinking that his demeanor was most likely an important contributing factor, allowing me to achieve the perfect success rate. lol

reply to post by cody599

I loved Hong Kong Phooey, but had completely forgotten about him, until just now. I don't remember that song being that bad though. That's awful, and extremely annoying. I couldn't even make it through the entire 1 minute. lol.

Originally posted by cody599

She really hated that, yep you guessed it, that's a paddling

She should've went with a more effective weapon. If you can laugh↑↑ after the paddlin', then it aint nowhere near hard enough.

edit on 5/3/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I can laugh now but it took about 20 years for my bum to cool down

Cody

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
When my brother woke me up, I'd roll my eyeballs back and open my eyes, so just the whites showed.

Always freaked him out....

"Mom! He's doin' it again!!!"

new topics

top topics

join