It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHERIFF: 'We want people to call us if guy down street hates government'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DiscreteParticle

I fear it's too late. They have successfully divided us in accordance with multiple categories.
dems/reps
conservatives/liberals
gun supporters/anti-gunners
MSM believers/conspiracy theorists
pro-life/pro-choice
racists/non-racists (or Obama dissidents/Obama supporters)
haves/have nots

There's many more, but I think everyone gets the gist.
Now, with the housing crisis, too many people are moving in with relatives and friends
plus
hundreds of people applying for one job position
and you have
crowded rat syndrome.
This is when it's truly every man for himself as we start to literally and figuratively eat each other. I don't mean that we're resorting to cannibalism, but we have a great way of killing those who invade our spaces or compete with what we have. It's certainly has the potential to get quite frightening.

edit on 3-5-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So what do you do if the Sheriff knocks on the door and wants to talk to you?

I'd step outside and see what he is interested in talking about.

If there were crime in my area, I'd be helpful if I could.

If he asked me about my political thoughts, I'd ask him why he was asking those questions?

Basically I would refuse to answer questions of that nature. I would remind him of our Freedom of Speech. I would also ask if I were being detained. If not I would tell him the interview is over, unless he wants to discuss the issue with my lawyer.Then I would ask him to leave my property.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

If he asked me about my political thoughts, I'd ask him why he was asking those questions?

Basically I would refuse to answer questions of that nature. I would remind him of our Freedom of Speech. I would also ask if I were being detained. If not I would tell him the interview is over, unless he wants to discuss the issue with my lawyer.Then I would ask him to leave my property.

I was going to star your comment based on your first couple of paragraphs, then you really threw me. Who is suggesting that a Sheriff would canvass your political opinion - apart from quite reasonably if you had made clear statements that you wanted to kill somebody? Why would you treat such a discussion as an interview?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Another excellent example of how humans can be bought.

Hey, I'll give you a bonus if you use this fraudelent money we gave you which we ripped off from the taxpayers ok? !!! Mr. bigman Policeman, ": Duh,,, ok, give me more money for my bonus, yes I'll screw my fellow humans"

This cop is a modern day Nazi for sure.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

S&F, I would personally like to meet him so I can say it to his face!!

Like I said on the first page, " I hate my US Govt.!"
edit on 3-5-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Right after 9/11 the Ad Council did some pretty good ads on preserving our freedoms. They stick with me to this day:

edit on 3-5-2013 by SallieSunshine because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2013 by SallieSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I hate the government and the president, i live down the street then 2 streets down, to the right then 10 kilometers to the north then 600 meters to the east, then 2 miles south. Can't miss it
there will be a house with dogs.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Add me to the list of hating our government,I hate our government for many things one being it loves American government (thats a two for one).Its funny when I`ve expressed that, Americans get all defensive all of a sudden lol

Come get me!,i`ll be down the beach fishin,or am I supposed to have a licence for that? oh well I`m a rebel.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Does anyone actaully believe they will just stop by and ask if you are alright if you are turned in. Heck no, these guys will come with swat team and bust your door down and ask questions later. He careful who you trust.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SallieSunshine

Sad things is, 10 years later, this is all coming true.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

That is what we all want to do. To do the right thing. we know our rights.

Problem is, they will simply arrest you. By questioning authority, you are obstructing justice. By obstructing justice, you give them probable cause. With probable cause, they can take everyone out of your house, search it, question your family seperately from you and in the end, most lawyers will be scared to touch it. If you do not believe me, look at the videos in Boston. People just let it happen...

This is not paranoia. This is not fear mongering...this is the reality of the country today.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Good Luck getting anyone in my neighborhood to call them. I would have never guessed it when I moved in 13 years ago but we have our own little neighborhood militia. Nobody is reporting anybody.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I'm with you. This seems to be a misuse of available funds. Got the money. Got to start a program.

I don't know. I think it may have some kind of virtue. But I can see the potential for abuse.

Let's just suppose that we could put together a group of folks who are trained to talk to people and to interpret their intentions, and work on converting those whose intend is on destruction. The rub comes comes when we employ the greater number of the population to identify problem people. People we need to send out the professional to take a look at. Do we set up a kind of computer analysis of reported calls Or do we spring into action based on one call? And if we have someone we don't really care for, maybe we could make a phone call.

I don't know. I like it. Could save lives.

But besides the issues of increasing oversight of our personal lives and actions, there is the question. "Does it work?" Can we identify in advance those most likely to exceed the bounds? The only way we will know is if we try. And many aren't will to go that route. Attitudes change, however as circumstances require. Should the incidence of wanton, random violence increase and settle into an area near you, or into that of someone you know, there may be a more ready acceptance of programs of this type.

edit on 4-5-2013 by okyouwin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

I would just tell him to get the # off my property.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I remember living in communism,
I remember government feeding us with fear, fear of "enemies of a state" saying "you never know who is an enemy,
be aware, no one can say i dont like government... Turn them in, be good citizens"
i remember "loyal" citizens that contacted "authorities" and snitch their neighbors,
I remember "secret" police knocking on your door asking same question that sheriff here is suggesting
"Is everything ok?"

Maybe they took you in the middle of the night to some "questioning" at the secret police HQ, maybe they kick the crap
out of you, maybe you were put up in exact copy of Guantanamo prison with accusations of being "enemy of the state"....
Nowadays prison camp here is tourist attraction; you know....

I remember also that people dreamed about freedom like USA in 80's style, we dreamed about Bruce Springsteen way - born and free in America...
We went to war against communists for that reason... FREEDOM

Now I will stop with my memories and ask USA citizens...

Don't you think that modern USA is going a little bit to communism, society built on a fear , fear of enemies of government? Fear your neighbors, fear for your life, you never know when will enemy attack, you never know who is enemy.....
Only difference is you are being scared by maniacs and terrorists and we were scared by EVIL capitalists, especially Americans...

Reading this kind of posts reminds me of hatred regime that we got rid off... And biggest world irony is you are going that way fast.

SAD

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinamo

If someone supposedly hated their 'government' why would the people have anything to fear?

Surely, if it is the 'government' that they hate, then it is only government that would have something to worry about?

It makes no sense that such a person would attack their friends and neighbours when the government was who they supposedly hate.

Therefore, who is it that is attacking the people?

Who is it who might be hating the common people, since common people are NOT the government?

It is all head achingly up side down!

edit on 4-5-2013 by Elliot because: punctuation

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If the psychiatrist would have called someone in Aurora those people wouldn't be dead. Lay blame were blame should be placed. Calling local campus security is not what the law instructs her to do. Everyone who lost someone in Aurora have an excellent case to sue her for wrongful death. She shouldn't even have a license.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

You are behaving like a moron...it is evident to anyone who has a modicum of understanding of the English language your analysis of the posts you are trying to discredit is insanely wrong...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

If I have enough evidence to prove it is going to happen...

Are you being facetious?

It is not my job to go around gathering evidence, Sherlock...

Bottom line is this...

If I happen to hear someone say they are going to shoot, kill, maim, blow up, throw overboard, or otherwise inflict harm on someone else, it is my job to report this to the proper authority.

People who do not perform this basic duty are criminals themselves...

According to you though, you would just let this sort of activity go on without reporting it, justifying your lack of action by saying something like the following, " I did not believe it when I heard it," or, " Who knew?", or even better yet (and probably closer to the truth), "I did not hear or see anything."

Because of people like you, we have the people who do the mass killings and bombings...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

Not everyone took the sheriff's words out of context...just the ones advocating mass shootings, bombings, and anarchy...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join