It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHERIFF: 'We want people to call us if guy down street hates government'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Well, watch what you say, your neighbor might deem you a threat.. or your boss, or your wife, or you brother.. whoever.

Now, add the full context of what the sheriff said to my statements...and there you go...However, you want to make it look like we cannot say or write what I wrote in my post without being deemed a threat...

Trust me, there are plenty of people who write and say exactly what I wrote here and are no threat...because they do not go around building bombs, carrying assault rifles, and other things the sheriff conveyed in his full message...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I see this leading into a whole new McCarthyism if not careful.

Also, don't like your neighbor? just make a call

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So now you better not make any kind of negative small talk about politics with your neighbors because one day they might be angry with you because ________________ and this is how they will get even all the while patting themselves on the back for being a good citizen.

Talk against a political candidate then you better hope he loses. People remember when you say things against their candidate.

If the government wasn't corrupt people wouldn't hate it.

Is this supposed to decrease terrorism?
Welcome to the Hatfield and McCoy's.

This is just a bully government wanting to control the masses by suppression of free speech through intimidation.

edit on 5/2/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So, you didn't say this on page 18 of this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... ?

I said that we have responsibilities in society. What those responsibilities are is up to each person. Id suggest, though, that the idea that some have, that is, that it is their responsibility to do the opposite of what police, or government, or any authority says NO MATTER WHAT is extremely dangerous, and is no better than what they claim to be opposing.

(Underlining and bolding are my doing.)
So, you believe that resistance is futile? According to you, we must do what the police want or get hurt because protesting or actively opposing police actions is causing more harm than good.
Am I understanding you correctly?
So, again, I'm asking you to clarify your stance. I don't believe I'm being unreasonable, but I can see that you're probably wishing you hadn't stated certain things earlier. We're in confusing times and I can certainly see where you would bend over for the cops if they're searching for a terrifying terrorist, but not want to allow the cops to search if someone sent an anonymous tip that you were a terrorist. Again, where is the line with you?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Dude, you seem very anti-social to me.

Someone please pm me that hotline number, I have our first perp.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I knew a child abuse investigator years back and she told me that the child abuse anonymous hotline was swamped with bogus allegations for just this reason. I am expecting they will need to hire more police to handle all the reports.

Unless they are planning to open FEMA camps, they will be sorry they opened this can of worms.
edit on 5/2/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

OMG I had a friend that that happened to. Reporting child abuse because some beeotch was jealous? For reals, who does that??

But there are a lot of people that are twisted in their heads.

People can hate. I don't know where they get that??? I would never even think of doing something like that.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Do you realize that you have now provided two quotes from me, and then lied about what those posts contained within that very same post? we can go through them line for line if you like, but Im guessing you still would lie about the contents.

I said that we have responsibilities in society. What those responsibilities are is up to each person. Id suggest, though, that the idea that some have, that is, that it is their responsibility to do the opposite of what police, or government, or any authority says NO MATTER WHAT is extremely dangerous, and is no better than what they claim to be opposing.

Sure did say that. I'm thinking you didnt comprehend what this says.

So, you believe that resistance is futile? According to you, we must do what the police want or get hurt because protesting or actively opposing police actions is causing more harm than good. Am I understanding you correctly?
Never said anything of the sort, and it is this kind of stuff that makes me wonder if you truly dont get it, or if there is something else going on here. Go re-read that quote, and come back and tell us which part, to you, says that 'resistance is futile', or that we 'must do what the police want'.

You obviously, OBVIOUSLY arent understanding at all. Or maybe you are.

So, again, I'm asking you to clarify your stance.
I already have done.

. I don't believe I'm being unreasonable, but I can see that you're probably wishing you hadn't stated certain things earlier.
Wrong, I stand behind every word I have said. I just dont stand behind the perverted version of it that you are peddling.

We're in confusing times and I can certainly see where you would bend over for the cops if they're searching for a terrifying terrorist, but not want to allow the cops to search if someone sent an anonymous tip that you were a terrorist. Again, where is the line with you?
You seem pretty worried about 'terrifying terrorists'

That you want me to express to you some blanket 'line' perfectly exemplifies what I said in my first response to you-that is, the difference between people like you, and people like me.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

That is because you are a decent person. Some people enjoy revenge and blow little stuff way out of proportion.
You don't even have to say a word to some people, just a funny facial expression interpreted as a put-down will do.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I didn't read it wrong. Anyone can read the quote I presented above and see that you believe we should go along with whatever the police do because we will hinder their main objective thus becoming part of the problem.
So, I proposed this question to you:
Should we also allow them to search our homes without warrants if they receive an anonymous tip?
It's a simple question.

Edit to Add:
It may seem like I'm picking on you, but there's a lot of people who agree with your views and felt that the warrantless searches in Boston were acceptable. Seeing as you are opposed to the administrative actions suggested in this thread, I'm honestly wondering what's the difference in your mind? Will other people who agreed with the Boston search techniques be willing to stand up when they come to search their home on an anonymous tip?
We have to stand together and not allow a grey area to develop. Either we all stand together and demand warrants no matter what or we allow them situational leeway, which I see as a huge problem. Give them a little, they're going to run all the way with it.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I see this leading into a whole new McCarthyism if not careful.

Thank God I have made more enemies than friends. Well...I annoy people at times anyways.

But I can see it now. DEVGRU, Delta, FBI, DHS, local SWAT teams all sitting in my front yard arguing about who has jurisdiction from the many calls.

I'll be grilling them Hamburgers and selling beer while they make up their minds.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I didn't read it wrong. Anyone can read the quote I presented above and see that you believe we should go along with whatever the police do because we will hinder their main objective thus becoming part of the problem.
Wow. Just wow. Let me try, one more time. The statement is that the automatic resistance to something, solely based on the fact that it comes from police of authorities, is just as dangerous as those who would tell you you SHOULD go along with everything.

Get it yet?

Should we also allow them to search our homes without warrants if they receive an anonymous tip? It's a simple question.
And as I have already answered, its up to the individual. If you wish to allow them, then by all means, yes, they should be allowed. If you wish to exercise your right to refusal, you can do that too.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

It may seem like I'm picking on you, but there's a lot of people who agree with your views and felt that the warrantless searches in Boston were acceptable
More lies, as I never said such thing, but I cant help but notice that YOU are the one following me to another thread with it.

that said, please, by all means, "pick" on me all you want. I dont think you even realize what is being proven here.

Seeing as you are opposed to the administrative actions suggested in this thread, I'm honestly wondering what's the difference in your mind?
They are completely different situations.

Will other people who agreed with the Boston search techniques be willing to stand up when they come to search their home on an anonymous tip?
I';m not sure, as I didnt agree with them, so I cant speak for that group. Why are you carrying on with the lies?

We have to stand together and not allow a grey area to develop.
too late for that. You and your kind have already swallowed the bait, hook line and sinker.

Either we all stand together and demand warrants no matter what or we allow them situational leeway, which I see as a huge problem. Give them a little, they're going to run all the way with it.
Ugh. People have a hard time with the word "permission", it seems....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I guess I need to get some reading glasses. When someone states that they are SUGGESTING someone do something, it appears they are giving advice.
I didn't like your advice and I hope nobody follows it.

It sure appears that you are telling people to go along with the police no matter what because they may be making the situation even more dangerous.
You're free to twist your own words however you see fit though.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I guess I need to get some reading glasses.

I'd recommend Hooked on Phonics.

When someone states that they are SUGGESTING someone do something, it appears they are giving advice.
That is not even the context in which I used the word, suggest. On top of that, even if I did use it in that context, you are still completely misrepresenting that statement. No where in there does it say that you should ALWAYS do as you are told.

It sure appears that you are telling people to go along with the police no matter what because they may be making the situation even more dangerous.

Truly, your reading comprehension CANNOT be this poor. Ive already explained it quite clearly.

You're free to twist your own words however you see fit though.

Please, pay attention in english class next time. PLEASE.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

“We want people to call us if the guy down the street says he hates the government, hates the mayor and he’s gonna shoot him

and he’s gonna shoot him

Why did you leave that bit of the sheriff's quote out in your title?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This whole premise if freeked off. If you can't get down with that, you are one of them.

That is what makes this tale so twisted. You got people trying to justify rousting people on the word of someone else. There is no fourth amendment being respected here. Nor the first for that matter.

So when are they gonna start giving up the bloggers?? And the internet posters. It is a slippery slope my friends.

Anyone who condones this type of police behavior, for what the fork ever reason, is not a friend. Trust and believe.

And that is the last thing I am gonna say about this.
edit on 2-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: for a comma

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by eXia7

I read the article, and I notice you did not yet answer any of my questions posed to you about it...rather, you continue to post tripe and trite little things about people spying on people and the like..

Just answer this question...

If I found out you were going to be gunned down, would you want me to call the police?

Well, clearly if you have enough evidence to prove it's going to happen, and it's not hearsay of course you should try and stop it, I was discussing the potential abuse of the system, that's all.. The threat for pre-crime is emerging everyday, I've done numerous threads that pertain to police state news, give them a look.. but I expect you and I to share different views.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by eXia7

“We want people to call us if the guy down the street says he hates the government, hates the mayor and he’s gonna shoot him

and he’s gonna shoot him

Why did you leave that bit of the sheriff's quote out in your title?

Because you are fully capable of reading the article and seeing it. I used the drudge article, and like I said, as sensationalist as it sounds, it truly is insane, and has potential for abuse.

If you feel comfortable with your neighbors reporting you for bogus threats, then more power to you, I just decided to illustrate that the police want the everyday citizen to be a spy for the government.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I think the "new" US of A are on the "right" path.

Living in Germany I feel reminded of those well meant denunciations of "Volksfeinde" (enemies of the nation) and "Judenfreunde" (friends of Jews).

One couldn't do better to feel all cozy and cuddly and warm in the "III. Reich" and between those brown gentlemen.
And after all you might get rewarded with a nice home or a car or a nice bracelet for your wife's sloppy arm that formerly did belong to the "Volksschädling" (varmint/vermin to the nation) for your sharp eyes and ears.

This can also solve some funding problems if you follow that thought-chain consequently.
So much more becomes possible now.
The future lays lurking.

Some of you may know the movie/musical "Cabaret" (1972).

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

Its placed in the last days of the "Weimarer Repubilk" (1918 - 1933) and features a song in its soundtrack thats called "Tomorrow belongs to me" (Der morgige Tag gehört mir).
To fully understand what infected the hearts of those pretty normal people at that time I would advise to hear the German version of that song (like in the original).

When you hear that little boy sing like an angel in his brown uniform I swear that tears will be running down your cheeks flowing with affection and yearning.
You LONG to be a PART of that. He becomes an apostle of a new time of righteousness and PEACE - the III. Reich.

Now ALL know better. Of course.

A

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join