It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Lied to People On The Face Of The Planet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Remember how they were telling us all about how Saudi Arabia had "warned" the US about the "Boston Bombers"?

Saudi Arabian ambassador in Washington now DENIES his nation warned the United States about Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2012 www.dailymail.co.uk...

So what else are they lying about?

Lie to me once ....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I dunno, that's kind of up for debate. While Americans (and maybe Saudis) are lied to quite a bit. I'd say that the North Korean populace are the most lied to people on the face of the planet. I mean why else have they not realized that the NK government is solely responsible for their woes and not the great evil that is South Korea and their friend the U.S.A.?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought according to your title, you were going to say The Most Lied to People On The Face Of The Planet is FOX News' audiance.

But I see it's about how people are using the bombing in Boston for their own conspiracy theory gain.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
I dunno, that's kind of up for debate. While Americans (and maybe Saudis) are lied to quite a bit. I'd say that the North Korean populace are the most lied to people on the face of the planet. I mean why else have they not realized that the NK government is solely responsible for their woes and not the great evil that is South Korea and their friend the U.S.A.?

One of North Korea's major failings is:

East Asia:
North Korea.[32] (Does not recognise Israel as a state.)[33]

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course there are several others who do not, such as Somalia and Libya, all of whom are under pressure to "change their minds".

That said, if North Korea lies to its people all day long that would have no impact on the great US empire or its people unless and until they actually had the MEANS to attack us.

What we need to worry about is our own empire's ability and willingness to lie to us ~ as well as to attack us from forty different directions all at the same time.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Not everything is a conspiracy.

That's true. Do you know which things are and which things aren't?

ETA: Fox won the right to lie in an American COURT of law. Doesn't that make it US policy ~ blame the messenger, or blame the rule makers? Decisions.
edit on 2-5-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
What we need to worry about is our own empire's ability and willingness to lie to us ~ as well as to attack us from forty different directions all at the same time.

I'm just responding to your thread title. No where in your OP did you suggest about threats to the U.S. Your title says "The Most Lied to People On The Face Of The Planet," not "The People Who are Lied to and Under Threat of Attack." So that is what I was refuting. Maybe think about your thread titles a little more carefully next time.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

From now on I'll U2U you whenever I make a thread and you can choose the title, okay?

Americans ARE, from my point of view, the most lied to people on the face of the planet and the corporate news media's right to lie to us through their shiny capped teeth is backed up by law. So as I was saying ~ lie to me once and they'll have to prove, beyond any shadow of a doubt, anything other thing they want me to beeeeeleeeeeve. Lie multiple times and the default position for any thinking person should be DISbelief until proven otherwise.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I think the most lied to people on the face of the earth are Americans, lied to by the Elites and giant Corporations.....The Zionist mega propaganda machine has also been promoting and supporting the lies for decades.....After all isn't "lie" what most empires are built on?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Lies and misinformation have always been around as long as humans have communicated. That's not just history on paper, it's common sense.

The most lied to people on Earth?
The ones who have lived the longest and had their hearing/seeing intact?
So it's an age based contest?

Let's crack open the history books.
Show me one civilization that didn't suffer from lies or deceptive practices, you can't.

The last few centuries have only seemed worse due to the scope and industrialized nature of the lie propagation methods.

Allow me to show you what I mean ::
30 Years War

Casualties and losses : 8,000,000 including civilian

The Thirty Years' War (1618–1648) was a series of wars principally fought in Central Europe, involving most of the countries of Europe.[10] It was one of the longest and most destructive conflicts in European history, and one of the longest continuous wars in modern history.

A major consequence of the Thirty Years' War was the devastation of entire regions, denuded by the foraging armies (bellum se ipsum alet). Famine and disease significantly decreased the population of the German states, Bohemia, the Low Countries, and Italy; most of the combatant powers were bankrupted. While the regiments within each army were not strictly mercenary, in that they were not units for hire that changed sides from battle to battle, some individual soldiers that made up the regiments were mercenaries. The problem of discipline was made more difficult by the ad hoc nature of 17th-century military financing; armies were expected to be largely self-funding, by means of loot taken or tribute extorted from the settlements where they operated. This encouraged a form of lawlessness that imposed severe hardship on inhabitants of the occupied territory.

This was a literal hell on Earth, mass death, misery, etc.
Almost no one has even heard of it, or cares about learning from it.

We are repeating many similar mistakes as people did back then, despite being 400 years apart. Although back then, almost no one had figured out the scope of what was really going on. Nowadays, a lot of people are figuring it out due to mass availability of a variety of half-decent quality data.

Care to venture a guess as to what "quality of data" they had back in the 1600's? Here is a link to fill people in on the background of what people thought and claimed and did as a result: Inquisitions

Can you imagine the amount of lying it took to convince the people to herd themselves into total war conditions for everyone across the entire continent? Was it a good idea? Of course not it was pure utter madness, and it took a very powerful system of institutionalization, indoctrination, and brainwashing to accomplish this impressive achievement of mass murder between so many parties.

This is actually why some of the so called "Founders" of the US clearly stated that their intention was to stay out of "entangling alliances" because they only drag you into global scale wars for completely insane reasons.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I thought the most lied to people on the face of the planet were the vast majority of the people who live on the face of the planet.

Maybe Im wrong.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapur
reply to post by frazzle

I think the most lied to people on the face of the earth are Americans, lied to by the Elites and giant Corporations.....The Zionist mega propaganda machine has also been promoting and supporting the lies for decades.....After all isn't "lie" what most empires are built on?

Yes, and wars are what builds empires so in order to get that war machine cranked up, they've just gotta lie. No one with a brain would grab a gun and travel thousands of miles and risk losing their own precious body parts to kill others who've done them no harm unless the lies were believed.

The question is who's most to blame, the liars or fools who believe the lies?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Let's crack open the history books.
Show me one civilization that didn't suffer from lies or deceptive practices, you can't.

Oh believe me, I agree with all of that!

Problem is, we can't go back and redo all the crap that unfolded in past centuries and decades due to a pack of lies. We only have NOW to work with.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I disagree sort of. Most fight for what they believe to be right. I stress the word they. It isn't always lies. In fact it's usually one groups version of the truth that rallies the troops, not lies. It is down to the individual to discern the truth, and fight for it.

Deny ignorance yeah?

edit on 2-5-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
reply to post by frazzle

I disagree sort of. Most fight for what they believe to be right. I stress the word they. It isn't always lies. In fact it's usually one groups version of the truth that rallies the troops, not lies. It is down to the individual to discern the truth, and fight for it.

Deny ignorance yeah?

edit on 2-5-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

From whence do people derive their opinions of what is "right"? If that one group's version of the truth is actually less about freedom and more about making the financiers of those wars a ton of money, how would the troops know it until after the fact. They wouldn't because both sides get their own one group's version of the story and fail to look at the opposite group's position on the matter until after the dust has settled ~ and sometimes not even then because the "winner" writes history, funded by the same financiers who profit from both the winners and losers.

War. What is it good for. Absolutely nothing.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

The bullied is in as much fault as the bully....so it seems like a two way street....But eventually most liers will lose their credibility over a period of time and people would not buy into their deceptions anymore.It's just a matter of time and more information.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapur
reply to post by frazzle

The bullied is in as much fault as the bully....so it seems like a two way street....But eventually most liers will lose their credibility over a period of time and people would not buy into their deceptions anymore.It's just a matter of time and more information.

I think there was a time when that claim could have been made, ya know, before the internet provided a wider view on what's happening around the world and why. That's why it stuns me that so many people still depend on mainstream bullyvision for their information and its frustrating that the deceptions continue to find willing ears and eyes. So over that period of time between ignorance and enlightenment a LOT of damage is done.

On my earlier "one sided" argument, I'll have to do a mea culpa on that. Look at any foreign press and you'll always find the US versions, but try that with the western press. Do we hear Assad's side of the argument? Did we hear Saddam's? Or Mubareks? Or anybody else's point of view? Who doesn't want Americans to have the ability to know both sides before they make up their minds?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by frazzle

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought according to your title, you were going to say The Most Lied to People On The Face Of The Planet is FOX News' audiance.

You forgot to add every other TV news channel on the planet...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The most lied to people on the planet are the children. Globally.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Oh, I don't know about that. I could make an argument that Main Stream Media encourages us all to worship Obama, fascism and totalitarianism like Gods. Just like North Korea does ol Kim and Communism.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Oh, I don't know about that. I could make an argument that Main Stream Media encourages us all to worship Obama, fascism and totalitarianism like Gods. Just like North Korea does ol Kim and Communism.

Oh, but that's diffrunt, dontchaknow. Just like worshiping the US federal reserve note is the holy duty of everybody on earth and all must bow to the most high god born at Bretton Woods or be sanctioned into poverty and submission. Or get bombed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join