It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested For Drinking Ice Tea in Parking Lot

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by WaterBottle

I can agree on the cop being a douche but why not let the cop smell the ice tea? And we didn't see the beginning, for all we know X could've been acting suspiciously hence the officer coming out to see what's going on. X didn't need to be confrontational, confrontation with an officer is why many people get arrested. Plastic tough guys. :/

You conserve your rights. This seems it would be illegal search, having an ice tea in hand is not a suspicious act. He was not slurry a loud song or stumbling around. it could get where you can't walk a mile without being stopped and checked over for nothing a few times, is that the world you want?This is why we have rights.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Look. Obviously, there is a problem in that neighborhood.
I like to drink a bit, but I have no problem with a smart-assed drinker being arrested because he thinks he's cool.

In Texas, convenience stores were allowed to sell alcoholic drinks only if they have posted a notice that they are not to be consumed on the premises. That makes perfectly good sense. With alcohol being put into all manner of drinks these days does not alter that law.

Some folks simply like to push the limits. Rather than saying, "Yes, sir, I'm sorry, sir, I didn't know I was breaking the law,", the guy puts up a fuss and gets exactly what he bargained for.

The sad thing is that he will revel in his being put down by twisting it to believe that he stood up to the law. My white son would have probably acted stupidly in the exact same way.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
*snippin* ridiculous.

I think X should have punched that civilian in the *snippin* nose, just because of the *snippin* fact that the unknown civilian walked up to X in a threatening manner, then tried to *snippin* steal and/or *snippin* contaminate X's own personal property.

He does not deserve to be treated as a cop until after you have seen his badge, and he has proven that he is one.

edit on 5/2/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is simple:

the guy (cop) created a criminal where one previously didn't exiist.

He immediately jumped to "trespassing" which is the go-to offense if a person is not on their own property in questionable situations, like this. His 'tough-guy' came out front and center rather quickly, didn't it?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
People are surprised when people like Chris Dorner do the things they do (not justifying what he did, but it's obvious why someone would choose to do these things if their crazy enough).

I'd like to know when Police "Officials" were taught to forget about Protecting/Serving the public...

I remember a cop giving me trouble for having trail mix in my backpack. He started accusing me of trying to hide "some sort of drug" from him, so I started laughing in his face and told him to calm down "it's trail mix". He didn't believe me, and ripped it out of my back pack (side pocket), form here I continued to laugh even more. Politely told him that it is "...in my opinion that he's a douche bag", and walked off.

Cops need to learn their place/role. Just because they have a badge, doesn't mean they can flash it around and command respect from people using these asinine fear tactics.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The guys name is Xstravagant. He's apparently some sort of rapper. So may explain the car and the aversion to authority and the seemingly random footage. Though I suffered through a couple of his rap videos and they were made up of a lot of random footage..

But still in all the cops hasn't shown ID, though in the same instance hasn't been asked for any. But reading this guys twitter feed, He's got nothing against the liquor store, and hasn't personally said anything about the arrest. I found It and expected some bagging out of the police, but there was none. So maybe he's taking it further.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Some folks simply like to push the limits. Rather than saying, "Yes, sir, I'm sorry, sir, I didn't know I was breaking the law,", the guy puts up a fuss and gets exactly what he bargained for.

Quote the law he broke. If you cant I can safely assume you're making bs. excuses for the cop. I don't need any opinion or any other deflection. Just quote that law.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Yup, he should have apologized for the egregious use of Iced tea in a public place

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

This is a sad and telling thread.

CJ

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This is a PERFECT example why people need to start preparing to bug out. If # continues down this path, and doesn't get any better, I'm going to simply drop off the face of civilization.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

he's apparently been charged with petty trespassing and resisting arrest according to his twitter feed.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

edit on 2-5-2013 by recorrit because: Sorry double post

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

OK, bs. How hard is it to put alcohol into an open can?? Not hard at all. To my knowledge carrying an open alcohol container in public is illegal. All that X had to do was let the officer smell the can. Instead he was defiant. This is why many people get arrested for petty stuff, they're stupid and try pressing their luck.
Chances are that X has a rap sheet as long as his leg too. SMh.

ETA: Arizona tea is also popular in many subcultures. Codeine (illegal without prescription/or illegal to abuse) is used in the tea. OP< I know you are aware of this so stop the race baiting.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by z00mster
Maybe they filmed to prove that being black is reason enough to get yourself arrested.
Sure he could have let the cop smell his can.
But I think that cop wouldn't have approached him if the guy had been white.

It's hard to imagine this being white myself. But some black friends of mine (in the netherlands) told me about police prejudice.
I was shocked to hear it, naive as I may be, that just because they're black and riding around in a car is reason enough to being pulled over.

Well, when the camera man was filming his friend from afar and talking one of the on lookers he did he played that cop making it look like he was drinking alcohol. The guy did played it real cool and never was aggressive but very passive.

So I agree, they definitely filmed to let everyone know what it's like being black and fitting a stereotype, as seen in the 2nd post.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

edit on 2-5-2013 by Swills because: nvm

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well let's see. There is an alcoholic version of Arnold Palmer called Hard Arnold Palmer Half and Half. There is not currently a version of the pink lemonade variety that is alcoholic. It is a malt liquor like many other drinks. Four Loko comes to mind as a similar deal and in the same sized can.

[ats]http://www.bevindustry.com/ext/resources/ArnoldPalmerHard-281high.jpg[ats]

Some may call it hanging out waiting for a friend to show up. But it is also considered loitering in front of a liquor store. Being outside of the car, dancing around drinking a drink that isn't easily recognized at a distance but being the size of a tallboy can (24oz) while a friend is videoing it could be consider suspicious activity that warrants closer inspection.

As for the cop, my guess is that he is not a plain clothes cop so much as an off duty cop doing security as a side job. It is a fairly common practice. Some wear their uniforms, some do not. Having a badge does not identify you as a cop. I had one when I did security at the hospital and it looked identical to the local PD's badge at first glance (because both were a generic design). Heck, Dad had a badge as an EMT back in the 70's that also looked pretty much the same.

So why the charge of trespassing? Because when asked, told or ordered to leave by someone with the authority to do so (even a store employee) and not immediately proceeding to do so is trespassing. Since this was a cop (or even a hired person to perform security) he had the authority to order him to leave the property. The guy failed to do so and was taken into custody.

Best advice when confronted by anyone is to talk in calm and rational manner and not argue in an animated manner. The cop could have easily been some crazy guy with a gun or other concealed weapon that wandered over there to start trouble. In fact it is easier to disagree with someone while in a calm tone than taking an argumentative stance. It also lets the other person know that you are not afraid of them which can be rather disarming in of itself.

Depending on how the guy acts with the uniformed officer will determine if he has to spend the night in jail, taken to the station to be processed and charged with trespassing, get a ticket and let go right there or just let go with a warning. But guess what? You can just be sitting in a park and if someone calls the police and says your sitting there is suspicious activity...you will be checked out by an officer in due time. Especially if there have been break ins or vandalism in the area.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
if some random shmuck waltzed up to me and asked if he could sniff my beverage I would tell him to sniff his ass instead. but then again I would also never allow myself to be cuffed by someone simply claiming to be an officer.

thousands upon thousands of children have starved to death since this incident happened. humans are simply a damaged species .

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Where I live police are anything but poor middle class, especially with all the over time they can get. That said, there are poor police, they probably patrol small towns or Detroit.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

OK, bs. How hard is it to put alcohol into an open can?? Not hard at all. To my knowledge carrying an open alcohol container in public is illegal. All that X had to do was let the officer smell the can. Instead he was defiant. This is why many people get arrested for petty stuff, they're stupid and try pressing their luck.
Chances are that X has a rap sheet as long as his leg too. SMh.

ETA: Arizona tea is also popular in many subcultures. Codeine (illegal without prescription/or illegal to abuse) is used in the tea. OP< I know you are aware of this so stop the race baiting.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by WaterBottle

I can agree on the cop being a douche but why not let the cop smell the ice tea? And we didn't see the beginning, for all we know X could've been acting suspiciously hence the officer coming out to see what's going on. X didn't need to be confrontational, confrontation with an officer is why many people get arrested. Plastic tough guys. :/

Why the hell should I or anyone else have to submit to harassment by police? I guess only police are allowed to be confrontational? What a crap place the world is becoming. Plastic tough guys ? Yeah give me a badge, back up and immunity to be processed for crimes I commit. LOL Irony at it's finest.

PAPERS! SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS! is the level of this incident.

How dare anyone stand up for themselves!

How dare anyone think they have rights!

How dare a citizen question an official!

SUBMIT!

And you throw the race baiting claim in there?

LOL

You associate him being black with he must have some lean in his beverage. Give it a break. I get it, you think black people are criminals.

reply to post by MrWendal

Exactomundo.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join