Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Apologies to my friends and colleagues and even my enemies.

page: 1
13
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm out processing. Leaving the military. Leaving Germany. Moving to a totally civilian job. Gonna grow my hair long and sneer at authority.
Gonna get active in local politics and raise hell.


I know I have obligations here at ATS. The Scholars forum, I haven't forgotten.

I have a current debate, I will find the time. Promise.

But leaving everything and going pure civilian is a change. A huge change. A massive change. A crazy mind-altering change.

*I just gotta nose bleed thinking about it*

So I'll try to be as opinionated, mouthy, and post-proliferate as I always was, but there will be gaps and to those that are relying on me, I offer only my humble apologies.




posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well good luck in your journeys and new adventures. And im sure you will miss the german beer



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46
 


To be honest, the Dutch beer or even the Belgium beer kicks the **** out of German pils.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Am I your friend?



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yep it's a tough transition beezzer

The first time you ask someone to do something and takes for granted that it will get done, only to find out later that it wasn't is a real
moment.

Then there's the lack of order and self discipline

Then........................well you'll find out

All the best on your transition and if you ever want to vent feel free to u2u me I've got a thick skin (most of the time
)

You've no need to apologise for having a life outside of ATS (I think )

You'll be missed in your absences but welcomed like a comrade on your returns.

Cody
edit on 2/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Good luck on your new endeavours Beezer,

SO, back to the States or staying in Europe?

I go to the Netherlands quite often so would be happy to share a couple of decent beers with you, or if you get the chance to come to France why not a bottle of decent wine or 2, or 3, or 4, or 5 or 6 bla bla bla


Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 2-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling... must remind myself to keep off the wine!



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 

Pay attention in that class you have to attend for returning to civilian life.


And welcome back.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100
Am I your friend?


Of course.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599
 


Thanks mate! Already planning our next trip to the UK. Gonna have to end a few pints when we get back!



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
Good luck on your new endeavours Beezer,

SO, back to the States or staying in Europe?

I go to the Netherlands quite often so would be happy to share a couple of decent beers with you, or if you get the chance to come to France why not a bottle of decent wine or 2, or 3, or 4, or 5 or 6 bla bla bla


Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 2-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling... must remind myself to keep off the wine!


States. Though We're already making plans for a UK trip within a few months. The company I will be working for is quite generous with vacation days.




posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by beezzer
 

Pay attention in that class you have to attend for returning to civilian life.


And welcome back.



What language are they speaking there?



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 

Best of luck mucker.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by squarehead666
reply to post by beezzer
 

Best of luck mucker.




Ta!



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


So, you've decided to stop sucking off the government teat and move on over to the private sector teat instead. Well good for you.






Hey, waitaminute! Is that my WIFE!






posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Congrats.

Honestly, I wish all military members would make the same decision.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by beezzer
 


So, you've decided to stop sucking off the government teat and move on over to the private sector teat instead. Well good for you.






Hey, waitaminute! Is that my WIFE!







Sorry.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Congrats.

Honestly, I wish all military members would make the same decision.


One at a time.

Just one at a time.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by cody599
 


Thanks mate! Already planning our next trip to the UK. Gonna have to end a few pints when we get back!


Give me a shout if you're anywhere near London beezzer, I'd to buy you a pint or 2

Cody



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Beez, I';ve been in your position back in 1998, and I'm STILL trying to adjust back to being a civvie. Alot of Vets will tell you the same thing, Youve been fully immersed in the lifestyle, its hard to readjust, but just keep your head up and you'll be fine. Dont be discouraged about not finding immediate employment. Also, if the laws are the same as they were when I got out, you can file for unemployment when youre discharged, which will help. You gotta do that from the state youre going to live in.
Welcome home bro!!!

PS: if you decide to pop into North Carolina, let me know, Ill take you to some of the BEST BBQ around!!!
edit on 5/2/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


Germany's loss...U.S. gains.....


You'll do great Beez...I bet you are so excited to be making such a big change.

Des






top topics



 
13
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join