Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Police arrest man for filming, delete film-hacker get the vid back! Officer arested later!

page: 1
30
<<   2 >>

log in

join
+12 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
www.activistpost.com...



The arresting office was later fired and arrested for kidnapping of a FBI informant and extortion; that story starts at 3:25. Man what a piece of work!

edit on Thu May 2 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.




posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky
 


It was for the Lulz.
Makes me think for a second..
Think I remember some pictures my girl deleted.. Hehehehe....
I didn't ever think a flash drive would work the same as a regular HDD..




posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad
 

Yes isn't technology grand in the right hands.




posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky
 


Yea I'm not so scared of the future technology control grid when I think about how no one gets out of it.. Seems democratizing.. They become us.

It's not long now that handwritten notes run on bikes from one place to another are the only true encrypted file system haha.. Nah man don't text me TEXT me..



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad
 


Many have come to that conclusion already......errr no doubt?




posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky


The arresting office was later fired and arrested for kidnapping of a FBI informant and extortion; that story starts at 3:25. Man what a piece of work!



It may be because I visit sites like this, but .. America has gotten scary.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DupontDeux
 


I just got back from Houston where I sold a bunch of guns to the Houston and Tomball police department. All private sales to individual officers that I have shot with and got to know over several years. All of them are decent likeable guys who complain about many of the same things we do on this board.

America used to believe police officers were held to a higher standard of conduct and really were there to protect and to serve....Those days are past with mistrust and wariness by many citizens or pedestrians when dealing with the cops. I feel sorry for the good guys I know who get attitude from many of the population for no reason other than they are wearing a uniform.

Some hate cops because they are reconciled to be government enforcers and don't like being messed with even when they are in the wrong. Then we see reports of truly bad cops and that is icing on the turd for many.

The video to me was sickening about the despot cop, yet he did finally did get busted; you do have to wonder how many lives he ruined before he was captured...?

Some of the cops doing evil and then covered up by management while on full pay certainly does not help either. But all in all America ain't as bad as some would have you believe but it also is not nearly as Mayberry as it once was either.

I play golf with an Doctor from Belgium who used to come to the states at least 3 times a year for holiday. He will not set foot in America now because of TSA and the Immigration B.S. he has to go through; he is not alone...I really don't have a good answer for what is happening now, and as many, I don't like it, but it is what it is until some brains finally get into places of authority.

The pendulum will hopefully swing back; just don't know when or if?

edit on 2-5-2013 by 727Sky because: ,,



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
I feel sorry for the good guys I know who get attitude from many of the population for no reason other than they are wearing a uniform.

Some hate cops because they are reconciled to be government enforcers and don't like being messed with even when they are in the wrong. Then we see reports of truly bad cops and that is icing on the turd for many.



What you may not realize yet is that even "good" cops serve a totally-out-of-control government.

It does not matter if we are talking federal, state or local, many of our governments, at all levels, are engaged in criminal activity. Their enforcers back them up. Now think about it. If I act as an enforcer for a typical outlaw gang, what does that make me?




Originally posted by 727Sky
The video to me was sickening about the despot cop, yet he did finally did get busted; you do have to wonder how many lives he ruined before he was captured...?




The vid said the perp had a long rapsheet with internal affairs. You can bet this POS damaged a number of citizens. I wonder how many people are in jail based on his official reports or testimony?



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The dude seems a little off...no?



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24
 


If you mean the guy being interviewed, who was arrested - No, he does not seem a little off. He seems like a really nice guy, and somewhat typical of a lot of the kind of guys you will find in IT professions. If you have no experience with this "type", you must have gone to a tiny, tiny school.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky
 
I will make comment on your post but the real reason I am posting I am still laughing at your signature, that's great. I haven't heard a humorous joke about the military sense I got out and that was a while ago.

To your comment and its just my opinion but after reading about the 2016 democratic ticket of Hillary and Machelle Obama I think the pendulum will go even further to the left and bend upward. These two together make Berry look like a boy scout................its a while off but it is already in the works.

Hope I didn't ruin your day.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
reply to post by 727Sky
 
I will make comment on your post but the real reason I am posting I am still laughing at your signature, that's great. I haven't heard a humorous joke about the military sense I got out and that was a while ago.

To your comment and its just my opinion but after reading about the 2016 democratic ticket of Hillary and Machelle Obama I think the pendulum will go even further to the left and bend upward. These two together make Berry look like a boy scout................its a while off but it is already in the works.

Hope I didn't ruin your day.



Thank you for the comment and yes no doubt if they run there will be those who vote for them. What a team they would make; One can not tell the truth under oath (something she learned from her husband?) and the other was never proud to be an American until after a few all expense vacations we tax payers paid for.
Salute Sir.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Awesome. Too bad the other officer's involved weren't charged with anything. Law enforcement officers are truly above the law.

While I know police have a tough and dangerous job and most do a great job, it seems that police brutality and the trampling of Bill of Rights is common practice all over the country. I think the issue is serious and more should be done to police the police.

I will never trust any law enforcement officer ever. My parents were assaulted, tazered multiple times, my dad tazered while in a wheelchair by Susanne M. Ravn of the Brevard County Sheriff's office. They were charged with assaulting a police officer and a few others. They were able to get the charges dropped but part of the 'deal' was to write a letter of apology to Ms. Ravn which ruined any chance of a lawsuit.

So if there is anyone out there who keep tracks of police who abuse their power, please add Susanne Ravn of the Brevard County Sheriff's to the list.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

While I know police have a tough and dangerous job and most do a great job, it seems that police brutality and the trampling of Bill of Rights is common practice all over the country. I think the issue is serious and more should be done to police the police.


I don't think you need to police the police. The problem is not the police. The problem is the laws.

Police brutality is a virus. It spreads by contact. It's a disease caused by requiring unnatural laws be enforced by natural men.

Here's how it spreads. A new police officer, starts out on the beat. He meets a group of unruly young men, and learns from that contact that he'd got to be tougher, to get respect and do his job. The next day on the beat, he meets some really nice folk. However, because of the previous encounter, which was unpleasant, he interacts with the nice folk in a gruff manner. It's hard to switch moods. The nice folk are taken aback . What did they do?
Actually, they did nothing. The officer is carring around mental emotional thoughts of yesterday. That's all. However, the nice folk now get wary of the police in general. Wow, the cops in this town are really rough.

The next cop to meet the nice folk, is actually a nice cop, but the folks just encountered one of his kind, wearing the same uniform, and they are now on guard, expecting the same kind of treatment, so they are uncooperative. .The nice cop thinks to himself, well I tried nice, it didn't work. But, the other guys in the station, are rough and get better results, so I'll try to be tougher next time.

Like a virus, the manner of interaction is spreading. From cop to people, and back to next cop. It's being passed on. It's a "thought". But the "thought" is infecting everyone in the chain of contacts.

The men and women that become officers of the law, come out of the general population. So, how come they are so different from the rest of us?

It can't be that the officer is bad. Because then we're all bad. It must be the nature of the job itself that is causing the people to change personality when they become officers.

The more laws men write, the more contact police have to have with the general public, to enforce those laws, and the faster the virus spreads.

So, the problem is the laws.

God was a pretty smart dude. He only gave men 10 commandments. You can count them on your fingers. But, men continue to add more and more laws all the time, so that today, nobody knows all the laws, nobody knows whether they are breaking some law, people are making up their own interpretation of the law on the spot when challenged, even the cops make up their own interpretation of the law. Many just disregard the law altogether..

The vast majority of these confrontations between police and the public that are seen on youtube, for example, involve the enforcement of some minor law that men didn't really need to be law in the first place.

The unnecessary laws are creating the unsanitary conditions for the disease to fester and spread. The virus is not controllable in this environment. The only way to stop the spread is the clean up the legal mess.

There should be a moratorium on all new law creation. And for the next 20 years, all politicians and lawmakers should focus their efforts on removing all minor and unnecessary laws from the books. Every time the house and the senate meet, they business of the day should be "How can we cut the fat?"

The Politicians don't only need to cut spending, they need to cut legislation too.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
The dude seems a little off...no?


wasn't it the cops that seemed a little bit..off ?



posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Not too much of a hack. There are free and public software utilities you can download like this:
PC Inspector File Recovery on CNET

Takes a little bit of knowledge to use it effectively. As long as no new files are written after a file is marked as deleted, you should be able to recover it. However some formatting or secure deletion schemes will purposely overwrite old data, so you have to be knowledgable of the device or software you're using to delete a file.

I still think it's funny that a cop got into trouble for overstepping his authority. One should think police should be better trained in what is or isn't allowed when tasked with enforcing the law.



posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER
 


No, sorry, that's just making excuses for them. These are bullies with a gun, badge and the willingness to curb stomp anyone who doesn't bow to his authority. The job may jade them, but that does not give them cause to beat, shoot and kill people for the slightest of infractions. Take a look at Youtube and type in "police brutality", then tell me it's too many laws. It's not only the "bad cops", it's any who turn a blind eye to what they are doing or stand up for them instead of testifying against them. There may be too many useless laws, but there are just as many useless cops. I'm glad this one was caught red handed and will face the music.



posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The real sickening part of this whole thing is this cop wasn't arrested until he crossed the feds!
So If you are a cop you can basically do whatever you want until you cross a higher level cop!
If most of us only realized what was happening in this country and then were willing to stand against
what is wrong with it, then maybe we could have justice for all instead of wealth and position determining if
we get a fair trial, how long we live and the comfort we live in!



posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
Not too much of a hack. There are free and public software utilities you can download like this:
PC Inspector File Recovery on CNET

Takes a little bit of knowledge to use it effectively. As long as no new files are written after a file is marked as deleted, you should be able to recover it. However some formatting or secure deletion schemes will purposely overwrite old data, so you have to be knowledgable of the device or software you're using to delete a file.

I still think it's funny that a cop got into trouble for overstepping his authority. One should think police should be better trained in what is or isn't allowed when tasked with enforcing the law.


as an old computer guy, a neodymium or rare earth magnet works wonders in deletion. even a "hammered" hard drive can have info that can be recovered. these magnets are cheap and easy to carry



posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
reply to post by DupontDeux
 


I just got back from Houston where I sold a bunch of guns to the Houston and Tomball police department. All private sales to individual officers that I have shot with and got to know over several years. All of them are decent likeable guys who complain about many of the same things we do on this board.

America used to believe police officers were held to a higher standard of conduct and really were there to protect and to serve....Those days are past with mistrust and wariness by many citizens or pedestrians when dealing with the cops. I feel sorry for the good guys I know who get attitude from many of the population for no reason other than they are wearing a uniform.


Maybe the reason people give them a hard time is because these cops are in a prime position to do something about the corruption, yet completely fail to do anything? If they TRULY cared about justice they would expose the corruption, even if it meant risk to their own life. Why is it they can do this when it comes to civilian criminals, but not criminals in government or the force? Or is it bottom line, they are nice guys, but a paycheck is more important to them than civil liberties for all?






top topics



 
30
<<   2 >>

log in

join