It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-year-old boy among victims as more than 20 shot on one Chicago day

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

10-year-old boy among victims as more than 20 shot on one Chicago day

usnews.nbcnews.co m

A 10-year-old boy was shot Wednesday in Chicago toward the end of a day that saw at least three people slain and 20 others wounded, police and local media said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+21 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I guess we need more gun control....but wait guns are already illegal in Chicago, so what is the real problem here?

As we see recent violence using everything and anything at hand, guns started to take a back seat, but in one of the most gun controlled city they are plentiful and used daily.

At some point we need to start blaming culture and I don't mean American culture but subcultures like one would find in Chicago and many other violent places, guns or no guns.

usnews.nbcnews.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-5-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Another nail in the coffin of gun control. An anti-gunner may argue that if they were illegal in all states then iy would be harder to get them into Chicago. This is nonsense as everywhere guns are banned, there are guns.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
maybe it should be illegal for all Americans TO NOT CARRY A GUN.
if innocent civilians could just shoot back.....

+2 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Cant wait until the whole country is as safe as Chicago, LA, Campton, New Haven, etc....

Then we can get sweet jobs working for some cartel or other organized crime operation.

Bank a few hundred thousand and retire at 30 if you live that long.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

This is how we retain the #1 murder capital title~ Sick as it may seem.... Makes one sad to hear such a young child dying that way.... It's a daily occurance here.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
oh so now that they in the mass media have an agenda they report such a thing which happens almost every day, not to mention how they ignore the fact that Chicago has practically banned gun ownership with it's gun control laws.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just more evidence that with all the guns floating around the U.S. that the damage has been done, personally I think it's unrepairable:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by namehere

We haven't banned guns.... You can own one.... Drive with it in your car.... No clip in the slide though.... Nobody said you "Can't" have one....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So I'm not searching all frickin day can someone tell me when Chicago instituted these laws?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I thought Chicago banned guns?
I'm just right over here in NW Indiana.. and thats the common thought around here

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

There's to many gun's in the hands of the wrong people. What are the hands of the right people? I for one would feel better if I can leagally CCW in a city that is known for it's shootings... Having a CCW doesn't make you any safer by any means... But at least I can try and hold my own if SHTF in any given scenerio.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

but wait guns are already illegal in Chicago, so what is the real problem here?

People.. We are just crazy and can't stop killing each other, we have been doing it a alot longer then guns have been around

good post SNF

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Just because guns are banned doesn't mean that people can't or won't get them.

As far as blaming the sub culture, I agree %100 but there is a problem. If anyone can guess what that problem is I'll give you a chocolate chip cookie.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Nobody banned guns. It's unconstitutional. I never received that memo, atleast
I know people who drive with guns in there car's, just can't be loaded and have to have that backround check in the pocket... A.k.A FOID card~

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I just don't understand how this is possible. Guns are illegal in Chicago, so why do people still have them? Oh, I know why... BECAUSE CRIMINALS DON'T CARE ABOUT THE LAW. You know the old cliche... when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I just want the Chocolate Chip Cookie..... I like cookies!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Everywhere where guns are illegal are guns, although in US there is far more guns than in other countries where gun laws are tougher...

Gun laws only work when it is isolated area. That is why in EU there are far less guns, especially on criminals. Blue-collar criminals nearly never have guns. In some countries police officers do not even carry firearms, as there is no need for them.

Every country with open borders needs to have similar gun registration laws than other ones. Gun law can´t work, when you get a legal gun when making a trip of 100 miles...

It is the same as drugs are illegal here, legal in 100 miles. I just make the trip there and stock up. And then blaming that laws don´t work is pointless.

Here for example, black market guns (yes, I checked out, how hard is it to get). One of my friends has some contacts, he had to search for a month to find somebody who dealt. A small handgun (some glock) which costs around 600 dollars in US (checked different stores for prices) costs around 5000-7000 euros in the black market here. It is easier to do all the paperwork, get a licence than pay that amount for a gun... Locally there are not much guns and getting a gun inside the country over borders is not easy. Thats why the high price.Only an idiot would pay such money for a gun.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

i stand corrected, it seems you can own one but you cant buy one in Chicago, got things confused.

it also seems that you can only possess a gun inside your home so the open carry laws of Illinois don't apply to Chicago either.

edit on 2-5-2013 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It also seems as thought that the places where guns are banned also have the highest firearm crime rates. Hmmmm.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join