It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Experiment: "I’m still here: back online after a year without the internet"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Laugh it up.

Seriously though, do you feel the internet is human nature?

I only come online a few times a year to warn people....other than that, the library is fun. Remember books? Remember when you had to hunt for knowledge? Now, any jackass with Google on their cellphone is a scholar.

Weakness.

We no longer work for anything...do we?

See you next year, slaves.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I remember reading about a guy in the gambia, who had no internet access for two years solid. He eventualy lost it, and broke into the local clinic and stole one of there computers. The entire village gave chase across the scorched savanna, and even though he was clutching an i-mac he eventualy outran them.
Two days later he was eaten by lions.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by applesthateatpeople

Seriously though, do you feel the internet is human nature?

I only come online a few times a year to warn people....other than that, the library is fun. Remember books? Remember when you had to hunt for knowledge? Now, any jackass with Google on their cellphone is a scholar.

Weakness.

We no longer work for anything...do we?

See you next year, slaves.

Are cars human nature? Cloths?
Not really.

I just posted a hour ago about how going to the library every week is the right way to expose your kids to good literature (as I do for mine).

Although you are correct that most people are enslaved into false paradigms, I typically make a personal effort to escape from those paradigms, although often it is a challenge.

I do sense that you are having a bad day and not in direct relation to whatever the thread topic is, and are venting the frustration and anger at us randomly so that's ok I suppose. But do not allow your anger to cloud your judgement of people who are probably more like you than you realize.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
I remember reading about a guy in the gambia, who had no internet access for two years solid. He eventualy lost it, and broke into the local clinic and stole one of there computers. The entire village gave chase across the scorched savanna, and even though he was clutching an i-mac he eventualy outran them.
Two days later he was eaten by lions.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

Let's see here...

Take this story, and combine it with the name "Elvis Hendrix", and what do you have?

A leg pulling.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

I'm skeptical, I've been without internet for several months and nothing particular happened with my pineal gland, as far as I know.

If what you said was true, all of us would have walked around with our third eyes open as recently as the 90's.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

I'm skeptical, I've been without internet for several months and nothing particular happened with my pineal gland, as far as I know.

If what you said was true, all of us would have walked around with our third eyes open as recently as the 90's.

It was a joke mate.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Apologies. I meant fellow slaves.

You are good. Thanks....maybe there is hope.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Doh!... You never know around here ^^,

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

No, I didn't hear wrong. There are a lot of articles on the internet and otherwise that suggests that Google is actually harming memory retention and knowledge recall... Scholarly articles have been written and studies have found we remember differently since the onset of Google...

You can even look it up yourself... So how about you check it out yourself before you flat out tell me I'm wrong.

I've even done the hard work for you, to prove I can back myself up.
Scholarly articles and whatnot

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join