It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time for the Democrats to secede from the Union!!???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Why consider secession when utopia lies next door?

canadavisa.com...

www.secession.net...

[edit on 04/11/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
We will invite Washington Oregon & California in the west and the NE costal states to join us in a union of peace loving states. Oh and we might as well invite Alaska and Hawiaii as well. That about covers it all. We got Hockey players ; the "Trailer Park Boys" and plenty of good Beer & other substances etc
and theirs Diamonds galore

Beers always good, as is the company! Could be an interesting country LOL! You bring the USN pacific fleet, Boeing and Silcone valley and Disney land and we'll call it a deal

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by psteel
We will invite Washington Oregon & California in the west and the NE costal states to join us in a union of peace loving states.

We'll keep the real estate; you can have the leftists, cowards and fruitcakes.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I swear if 2008 is Jeb Bush and Hilary Clinton, I am grabbing my black flag and my baretta and taking this country back!

When I saw that smug son of a monkies uncle (wish I could use stronger terms but there is a g-d chat filter) standing on that potium smiling like a jackass I wish I could be there, just so I could stick my hand out the crowd and give him the finger. I don't know why, it would just make me feel better.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Cash3w]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If its Bush or Hillary in 08 I'm voting Libertarian.. Heck, I'll probably vote Libertarian anywhere... Depends if the candidate gets to debate the other two

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
OMG...
Do any of you read history books at all?This country has always been divided on politics.Thats why we have more than one party.Thats why we vote.And I am sick of hearing how all the votes were not counted.The votes not counted would not come even close to enough to claim victory for Kerry.
If we all agreed on politics it would sure be a sweet place in this world,but unfortunately we are all human,and none of us think alike.So stop crying and whining and have some pride in this country that many men died for.
I never cared for Bill Clinton.But I didn't sit around bitching about him.I showed him the respect he earned as a voted American President.
Its over so lets move along.The good thing about it is if you don't like the situation then do something to change it on the next election.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Next time you will have Hillary for your spokesperson. Maybe Hanoi Jane will run as well as Scarry Kerry.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
it this way it often is I guess. Must have been this way back in the 30's when FDR loss the majority vote but won in the ellectorial college !!! Where was the succesionist talk then.I live in Pa. did Not vote for Bush and wouldn't think of succesion.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Ok....how is this done..people keep mouthing off about it.....but how do you actually DO it!?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Meet by the schoolyard at high noon and don't tell your parents. Bring a handkerchief, wear camouflage and quiet sneakers and bring pen and a paper!

Just kidding guys, I must warn you that if you talk about trying to start a revolution, you could get an unexpected visit or two. But, theoritically, there are about 3 ways to do it. They all involve millions of followers though. If you guys could think of a way to get about 1 to 5 million people to follow you to D.C., you could have whatever you wanted, seriously. There are aouple of other ways, but they involve voluntarily withdrawing yourslef from the economy, which I don't think too many people are ready to do.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Paperclip had it right.....don't move anywhere; leave the fundys to stew in their own!

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
vod is on to something...but to label it dem vs. rep is to belittle the problem, to keep the problem defined in such a way that it will not seem like a problem. ( there has always been a dem , rep split blah blah blah) to keep the problem where the govt wants to keep it.

the problem is the fundemental direction of the current system of govt....wheather you are left or right leaning..you can see that the govt is useing its powers to give its self more powers and that these new powers tend to over-ride the checks and balances on the original powers, that the govt is sacrificing the lives and freedoms of it citizens inorder to 'make the WORLD safe for democracy'...to bring god or good to the heathens..so to speak.

the american population did not gather so much hatred around the world for itself..the AMERICAN govt has..throough its quest for..maybe not power per-se, but strong influence over all other countries...to put in place large corporations who only benifit themselves and those that run them, to put in place puppet govts in areas of strategic importance..to use YOUR LIVES to do it. wouldn't it be iteresting if the 'leaders' were at the 'sharp end' of thier wars and 'influences'........

so the problem is the fundemental direction of the United States of America.....which as now been turned into the the UNIDTED STATES of AMERICA, controlled by corporations and money and lobbyists and coruption and fraud and lies.......

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it. " - Abraham Lincoln

the first line is no longer true, the second line will be for ever kept from us through the new legal quagmire that pollutes the current system and the third line....well, the 'summer soldier' and 'sunshine patriot' now fill the ranks.........

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good point. I only make a left/right issue out of it, because thats where most people are.
I think it really comes to down to levels of education and sophistication. Think about it. The most prestiges centers of education in this country are located in the North East and West Coast. The great communities of artists tend live in Cali, New York or D.C. Our world class musuems, smithsonian, modern art institutions, Berkely, MIT, Princeton, UCLA, Stanford and most of our research and scientific centers belong to the "blue states". More Nobel prize winners and finalists live in Cali than anywhere else IN THE WORLD! Historically, our great writers, musicians and artist, if they didn't move to L.A, New York, San Fran or Seattle ended up in Canada, London or Paris.
The reason for this? Because these are the cultural centers of progress in the world. These are where the progressive thinkers live and work for the betterment of humanity.
If you want to play sports where num-nutz-neaderthals-with-pituitary gland-problems butt each other in the head for entertainment, then you go to the University of Alabama, or Tennessee, or Georgia, or Florida, or Texas. If you want to live where there is a Baptist Church every square mile...you also go to these places. If you want to get dragged to death behind a red-neck pickup truck...you head to the RED states.
If you wanted to own slaves, hang blacks, make interacial marrige illegal and marry your sister...you head to the RED states.
These values...are UNACCEPTABLE to most thinking people...thats probably why they head toward the ocean...in case they have to make a quick getaway from the land of the K.K.K.
Decent, thinking, sensitive and intelligent people shouldn't have to live in a country where there values aren't representitive. Should anybody?
We seceded from the UK because we didn't want to be controlled. The south seceded frm the Union because they were pushing their values down their throats.
Woodrow Wilson presented the idea of self-determination. That groups of people had the right to determine the kind of government that they wanted..not to live in repression. THe poeple of the North and West are living in that repression. Harder to get abortion, prayer in schools, ten commandments in legal institutions, war mongering and crusading, not teaching evolution in the schools, not preparing students for a world of scientific and mathmatical jobs, not teaching sexual rsponsibility, insituted racism and bigotry...is this the world that the intelligensia of this country wants to live in??? Of course not..thats why they voted the way they did.
Since democracy is the "tyranny of the majority" I think its time for them to "throw off the shackles of represssion" and form a government or community that represents their ideals...their values. So they can live in peace

You don't have to just take.......

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
HAHA HA HA HA HA ... Masachusettes might try and succeed from the Union LoL ... But my thread about Texas having a better chance than any one ....

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
HAHA HA HA HA HA ... Masachusettes might try and succeed from the Union LoL ... But my thread about Texas having a better chance than any one .... Check this out tho .. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by daeldren
First of all I dont think that a difference in opinion is the justification for seceding which would most likely break out into war. Even though the Republicans have won control again we still have the rights given to us in the constitution and no man has the right to take that away. The only way I would consider violence or secession is if there was a blatent attempt by the government to overthrow the rights of citizens and destroy the constitution, otherwise I really don't see any justification.

As the saying goes,
" I may not like what you say, but Ill defend to the death your right to say it."

Patriot act is a blatent attempt to over throw the rights of the citizens. Now that you are on board, what say we get this thing moving.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
Hey,
If all you DemonCracks want to leave, then let me say this....DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS!!!!!!!!

See the thing is that if we leave, your ass is the one in trouble. See we don't need the south, the south needs us. Without california and new york, you would fall into third world conditions. This means instead of saying goodbye so quickly, you should be begging us to stay.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by psteel
We will invite Washington Oregon & California in the west and the NE costal states to join us in a union of peace loving states.

We'll keep the real estate; you can have the leftists, cowards and fruitcakes.

sorry, but the lefties have the realestate. Besides your ass couldn't afford to buy it off of us.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
No, stop trying to take away the right to free speach. Wehn bill clinton was in office, i didn't like him either. He did horrible things, but nothing compared to the crap that george bush has done.

Why sould we wait until the next election? That is the wrong mindset. When nixon was in office things where done to force him to into doing the right thing, like ending the vietnam war.

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
OMG...
Do any of you read history books at all?This country has always been divided on politics.Thats why we have more than one party.Thats why we vote.And I am sick of hearing how all the votes were not counted.The votes not counted would not come even close to enough to claim victory for Kerry.
If we all agreed on politics it would sure be a sweet place in this world,but unfortunately we are all human,and none of us think alike.So stop crying and whining and have some pride in this country that many men died for.
I never cared for Bill Clinton.But I didn't sit around bitching about him.I showed him the respect he earned as a voted American President.
Its over so lets move along.The good thing about it is if you don't like the situation then do something to change it on the next election.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl der Grosse
it this way it often is I guess. Must have been this way back in the 30's when FDR loss the majority vote but won in the ellectorial college !!! Where was the succesionist talk then.I live in Pa. did Not vote for Bush and wouldn't think of succesion.

you also don't pay most of the bills

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join