It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't have Free Will.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I recommend this thread to the HOAX bin immediately, we DO have Freewill....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by neo96

So I am really not responsible for my posts?

My brain is on autopilot 95% of the time that means 95% of the trouble I get in to is not by my own free will.

Please clarify.

Already did. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-5-2013 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Then debunk the research publications I have posted in the OP.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

This is why we need morals.

If we set ourselves with a moral code, our conscience mind will be keeping constant tabs on our decisions, even our more subtle ones. I, speaking as an EXTREMELY paranoid individual who probably SHOULDN'T have clicked on this thread, think about this all the time. How much of this is my doing? How many of my thoughts are actually mine? Why do I feel or want certain things? Is someone or something designing it for me?

All in all, this doesn't surprise me, however much of it is legit.

edit on 2-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Lots of people act irrationally or immorally, despite any moral codas they have set for themselves...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Lots of people act irrationally or immorally, despite any moral codas they have set for themselves...

Yeah, they don't try hard enough to keep themselves in line. You have to have a certain mental capacity to uphold responsibilities, too. People who claim morality are probably the ones least likely to actually HAVE morality.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
Originally posted by akushla99

reply to post by akushla99

akushla99
You see, the problem here is defining when exactly you could be said to have...reprogrammed anything...if you can't remember this occasion...you can remove yourself from its unforeseen consequences, and claim that it means you had no free will input...and therefore, no responsibility...

Reprogramming would involve memory and time and so proves free will aspect, you can change it. Consequences are a PRODUCT of someone elses free will forced or introduced upon your being.
If I truly had the self given gift (TOTALITY full control) of "free will", I would choose not to take the destination of death as a option for my being. If I truely had no "free will" why am I manipulated by forces that that choose to control me, no need for the control as I am working on basic intinctual self preservation method, no thought required, 'auto-pilot' as someone mentioned earlier. If it is a question of the conscious mind out smarting the subconscious mind (no hand shake agreements) what is the point of conversation, committee in the head that cant communicate properly with each other; what is that all about.
edit on 2-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

You do, and you have...but this resides outside the corp-non-corp construct (once expired, becomes corp-se)...I've been the driver of 15 vehicles...never had a funeral for any of those pieces of junk, and the beautiful ones...driver remains...

The committee's always 'out-to-lunch' for me...only the two important members from either side remain seated at the table...the real decision makers conduct proceedings without the hushed asides...

A99

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
subconscious/autopilot actions are mentally programed by repetitious actions. While putting on your pants is an learned/mental program choosing the color is not. While combing your hair may be a mental program of your subconscious parting it another way than normal is not.

So you see while you may run on mentally programed instinct there are lots of little decisions you make and while you may think they are done automatically they are not, they are done so fast time-wise that it may seem it is automatic but it is just instantaneous mental response.

Your will in those areas is fast acting while in other areas it takes a bit more time. the decision to rob a bank for example takes more time to perform than changing your pants but you are still in control of your will to do both.

Many believe that if you are told long enough and with repetition that you don't have a free will and are controlled by some other force that you will make it a mental program and act as some outside force is controlling you but in the end it is your will.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

if you can't remember this occasion...you can remove yourself from its unforeseen consequences,

Not true, there are several methods to reprogram your subconscious in which you don't have to consciously remember that prime memory that has caused you to adapt your behavior for the rest of your life.

...and vice versa...agrees with what I have stated...

A99

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Signals

Then debunk the research publications I have posted in the OP.

Already done...listen to the song

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
95% of our existence is autopilot?

This reminds me of a television series I just finished watching a couple days ago (anxiously awaiting season 2). The t.v. series is called 'Akta Manniskor' or 'Real Humans'.

The series takes place in an alternate reality, where humans have created robots that are nearly exact copies of themselves in everyway.

On the surface, the robots (known in the series as 'Hubots') have exact movements, voices, and appearance to their human creators. Although they are capable of appearing to be Real Humans, there is just something missing in their presence that lets you know they are machines. That missing aspect is life, consciousness, and free will.

A man loses his son and wife to a drowning accident and, in order to bring them back, creates a new source code that allows the liberation of each Hubot. Once liberated, these Hubots can think freely, they can tell lies, cause harm, have dreams, goals, desires, sex, and they even express their ability to love.

They've done a good job on the series, because you can tell a definite difference betweeen Real Humans and the Hubots, and you can distinguish liberated Hubots from Real Humans and regular Hubots too.

In season 1 of the series there are only a handful of the Hubots that have been liberated, but they are setting the stage for a revolution to gain their independance and equality alongside their human creators.

This thread reminds me that the regular hubots appear to behave about 95% the same as a human, seeming as though they are an empty shell operating on 'auto-pilot'.

I wonder if there is a difference among all of us. You point out that 95% of our actions are not of our own free-will, but what if there are humans who are more 'alive' than others? Could these humans account for the truely innovative pioneers? Maybe so, or maybe we are all 'empty shells' who are occupied by different 'drivers' several times throughout our lives...

If our being is occupied by different drivers at different points in our lives, then it would make sense to have an 'auto-pilot' setting that could bridge the gap between the empty and occupied intervals. Auto-pilot could serve as a basic operating system, allowing us to remain safe, productive, and continue having experiences and memories that are to be used by the next 'driver'.

More than likely not, but it is none-the-less interesting.

edit on 2-5-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
maybe much of the experience we have is like breathing, no thought required, but there are times when we can align our consciousness consciously and raise or lower our vibratory state...

it seems like we come here with certain experiences we need to have and we are to some extend guided to have them... clearest example of this is seen in the near-death experiencers who are told it is not their time yet and that they have things to experience still... often they are shown what these things are and they play out just as shown... but still the experience requires their participation and choices...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Originally posted by vethumanbeing

akushla99
You see, the problem here is defining when exactly you could be said to have...reprogrammed anything...if you can't remember this occasion...you can remove yourself from its unforeseen consequences, and claim that it means you had no free will input...and therefore, no responsibility...

vethumanbeing
Reprogramming would involve memory and time and so proves free will aspect, you can change it. Consequences are a PRODUCT of someone elses free will forced or introduced upon your being.
If I truly had the self given gift (TOTALITY full control) of "free will", I would choose not to take the destination of death as a option for my being. If I truely had no "free will" why am I manipulated by forces that that choose to control me, no need for the control as I am working on basic intinctual self preservation method, no thought required, 'auto-pilot' as someone mentioned earlier. If it is a question of the conscious mind out smarting the subconscious mind (no hand shake agreements) what is the point of conversation, committee in the head that cant communicate properly with each other; what is that all about.

akushla99
You do, and you have...but this resides outside the corp-non-corp construct (once expired, becomes corp-se)...I've been the driver of 15 vehicles...never had a funeral for any of those pieces of junk, and the beautiful ones...driver remains...The committee's always 'out-to-lunch' for me...only the two important members from either side remain seated at the table...the real decision makers conduct proceedings without the hushed asides...

It is a hard thing to image my being as a corpse, even if perfectly manicured and preserved, I will fight this idea form to the death (it is so undignified). Oh nice cars I would imagine some not (worker clunkers should get allocades too). So the vehicles were not driven by a suicidal owner; that is good news. Sometimes as far as the commitee is concerned, it is not 'out to lunch' just trying to decide where to eat and in the process blows the hour time permit. Presuppose the everfaithfull roach coach delivery truck at 10:30 will have pizza. Are you saying there are others involved, the 'real decision makers' may be lurking (NOT THE SNEAKY SOUL STEALERS).
edit on 2-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Btw: There are a few links that some of you guys have posted that I haven't gotten the chance to look at yet. They look interesting. Thanks in advance for the info.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

"It is a hard thing to image my being as a corpse, even if perfectly manicured and preserved, I will fight this idea form to the death (it is so undignified). Oh nice cars I would imagine some not (worker clunkers should get allocades too). So the vehicles were not driven by a suicidal owner; that is good news. Sometimes as far as the commitee is concerned, it is not 'out to lunch' just trying to decide where to eat and in the process blows the hour time permit. Presuppose the everfaithfull roach coach delivery truck at 10:30 will have pizza. Are you saying there are others involved, the 'real decision makers' may be lurking (NOT THE SNEAKY SOUL STEALERS)." Quote VHB

Oh, I credit the carapaces that just 'got me to where I needed to go'...was really an affection based on beauty, although some of the beautiful ones were not practical

...rusted out 'corpse'...you leave them behind to organically rejoin the elements, where a vehicle that has outlived its stated purpose can break down to make another...dust to dust...

'Lurkers'...bardo thought form, in your ear, transmigrational, basically dumb, eat fear food, loves to play, son of sam dog made me do it...lurkers...

Other 'Lurkers'...intuition, gut feel, transmigrational, civil conference-room, It's your deal - we're only here to advise...lurkers...

A99

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I like eating a slice of bread with mayonnaise and bananas........so I think I have freewill. I rest my case.

edit on 2-5-2013 by bitsforbytes because: love

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I agree, to an extent.

We have free will.
Period.

It's the repercussions of our free will that may or may not haunt us.

I can choose to be a jerk.
I can choose to eat.
I can choose to breathe.

I may not like the outcomes of my choices, but I had the free will to make them.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Yup! We can choose what ever we want. That part is easy. Choosing WHAT to eat or when to sleep or work etc... Is the hard part..Because of....?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Whether people accept it or not, the fact remains that we are controlled by our unconscious instinctual drives and urges. We are much more animal than we truly understand, and our behavior, the wars, the building of cities and roads, the corruption, bullying... all of it, is as natural to us as nature can be. Genetic and cultural influences control us like robots. A fundamental flaw in the bible is your are admonished not to judge. I tell you truly, you judge everything that comes into your senses, if only unconsciously, and you will make a judgement whether you try to quiet your mind or no. It is impossible not to judge.

The illusion and lies of the concept of freewill will fall apart the more we begin to understand our true nature and explore more into the mysteries of the brain. And an ugly and scary truth will eventually emerge (imo); that we are much more like robots than what we think.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join