It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't have Free Will.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by akushla99
The question you are asking me is like asking whether I planned to not tie a shoelace, and therefore wanted to trip...a ridiculous and spurious suggestion...

Can you choose to notice that the shoe lace is undone - prior to tripping?
Noticing and tying the shoe lace happens or tripping happens - who can choose which will happen

Accidental falls by tripping on a long lace have nothing to do with Freewill. However, if someone else ties your shoelaces together, blindfolds you and places banana peels in front of your suggested forward motion (the result of a push) would have the Stronger Actionable INTENT of freewill, would you not say?
edit on 18-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

Thanks! I guess I missed your post back then. I've juts now learned of David Eagleman. He has a series on PBS about the brain which premiered yesterday.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Man in general surely has free will, thats his point. And that makes him different from the rest of the Creation.
But we are increasingly losing it due to circumstances we are chosing to live in.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClevererRunbeening
Man in general surely has free will, thats his point. And that makes him different from the rest of the Creation.
But we are increasingly losing it due to circumstances we are chosing to live in.

Two perspectives: Mankind does not have freewill as it serves a higher being the one it worships as its creator. Mankind is the creator yet still has no free will because it doesn't recognize itself yet as God (primary expression).
edit on 17-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ClevererRunbeening

Man may have free will sometimes but with all of the psycotronics and smart phones controlling people it is a fleeting thought. I am sure we are in the middle of a psycotronic war between Russia/china v.s. U.S.A. along with the weather wars and the takeover of nature using genetically altered organism war.But not many people know to how to fight the unseen, that is why they chose these weapons.I have cured 17 people with an electronic screeching in there ears that destroys the ability to sleep and function , i did it with a similar sound and it confuses the biorelevant feedback loop necessary to monitor the persons brain activity.
edit on 21-10-2015 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: supergravity
What? 'sounds' like a law suit waiting at your tailor's ready for payment/delivery instructions.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join